Page 37 of 414 FirstFirst ... 27 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 47 87 137 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Veteran

Everyone keeps waiting for Kessel and Lupul to slow down and I am sure they will not keep up the pace they are now but there is no reason to think that they still cant rank near the top point getters come end of year.

Again Kessel had 30 points in 33 games after the All-Star break last year.... I am thinking that he was slightly motivated after getting picked last. So really this year is just an extension of good play rather than a new thing. As for Lupul everyone had pegged him to be this player for a long time but after his injury problems he just seemed to drop down the depth chart in ANA and then he was not able to regain his form or confedience. Now playing top line minutes with the Leafs and finding great chemistry with Kessel I think he is just performing the way that he was expected to long ago! Another BIG part of these guys great play belongs to Bozak who for some reason is the glue in the line and seems to me Kessel and Lupul have played better with him than they have with Connolly??

The Monster played a very strong game last night and makes me think that he could be a back up goalie somewhere and games like that just help his trade value becuase there is no doubt about it he will be traded. He is just not consistant enough to ever be a starter.

Franson played a solid game defensivly and chiped in with 2 points himself last night and he could very well play himself into a regular roll while Kommy is out for 8 weeks.....I am thinking that Kommy and Gunner are traded by end of year and Franson and Aulie are in....I already think that Aulie should be with the team paired with Phaneuf as thats when Phaneuf played his best hockey.

Tonight at 5 on Leafs TV they play the lowley Canes but for some reason I think that we are going to struggle in this game?? I also think that Wilson sticks with Scrivens in net!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Kessel continues to roll with 2 more goals tonight!!! Connolly had assists on both goals? I just wish the guy could stay healthy for a longer period of time than 3 games :P To little to late tonight...

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by JD88 View Post
    Kessel continues to roll with 2 more goals tonight!!! Connolly had assists on both goals? I just wish the guy could stay healthy for a longer period of time than 3 games :P To little to late tonight...
    Exactly. A hard way to learn you can't screw around for 2 periods and expect to rely on Kessel.

Kessel is downright filthy, oh my goodness. Make that 29 points. Some fun facts:

- Kessel did not record his 16th goal last season until January 6th, 2011.

- Kessel had 9 goals on November 20th last season.

- His career high in points came last season, at 64 points (32/32=64). In only 21 games, or 1/4 of the year, he has reached half of his goal total from the year prior, and has nearly half the amount of points for a new career high. (16/13=29)

He's awesome, glad to have him.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Stud

To add to the Kessel train (and to kep pumping up the Maple Leafs Hot Stove - seriously, if you're a leaf fan and don't have it bookmarked, you're missing out), here's a nice article on his vibible change of attitude from "like to win" to "hate to lose" and how's it's affected his game.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Guru

some tweets from today:

jonasTSN1050 Jonas Siegel
    James Reimer on the ice for fifth consecutive day, splitting net with Ben Scrivens.

Jonas Gustavsson is in the visitors net this morning. Appears to be the starter. Made 40 saves in Saturday win over WSH.

Clarke MacArthur appears ready to return tonight. Skating on a line with Tim Connolly and Nik Kulemin this morning.

Mike Brown looks to be out again. With MacArthur back, Frattin drops down with Colborne and Crabb. Rosehill with Steckel and Dupuis.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    correction - Brent is 27 and Dupuis is 26, so I guess there's no age advantage

Dupuis still blows and Brent was a perfect 4 line center who could chip in some secondary offense once in awhile.
    Agreed. Dupuis is so worthless.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Stud

Can't watch (****ing sportsnet and I'm kind of limiting the influx of potential procrastination... not working well, but hey) but from the boxscore it seems the PP's working and Connolly is having a bomb of a game (1g, 2a in the 1st alone).
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    Can't watch (****ing sportsnet and I'm kind of limiting the influx of potential procrastination... not working well, but hey) but from the boxscore it seems the PP's working and Connolly is having a bomb of a game (1g, 2a in the 1st alone).
    First goal was a slap pass tip by Gardiner/Macarthur

Second goal same thing, but Kulemin/Connolly

Third goal was a bullet by kessel, rebound to bozak.

Team's playing very nicely right now.

ALSO WE HAVE THE #1 POWERPLAY IN THE LEAGUE. Did not think this was possible

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by TK12555 View Post
    ALSO WE HAVE THE #1 POWERPLAY IN THE LEAGUE. Did not think this was possible
    Weren't we beasts with Kaberle/McCabe/Tucker/Sundin at some point?

Also, I'd me MUCH more surprised if you said PK and not PP. Once we get the #1 PK, the apocalypse will rear it's ugly head.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Dobber Sports Master

Congratulations to Joe Colborne for his 1st NHL goal! Fantastic play by Frattin should be given all credit for the goal.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TK12555 View Post
    Congratulations to Joe Colborne for his 1st NHL goal! Fantastic play by Frattin should be given all credit for the goal.
    just coming here to post this, I own him on one of my teams so I've been watching him carefully since he was called up...didnt see the goal though, was it nice?

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    just coming here to post this, I own him on one of my teams so I've been watching him carefully since he was called up...didnt see the goal though, was it nice?
    Thank you can't watch the game right now, but I own him too.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Stud

http://video.mapleleafs.nhl.com/vide...=802&id=137043

Basically a nice goal, but all Frattin - Frattin breaks past the D, takes the puck and as he gets to Roloson's side, he passed it to the slot and Colborne pretty much taps it in an open net as Roloson slid too far and the D were stalking Frattin.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Dobber Sports Master

Not the ideal first goal for Colborne, but the nicest play of Frattin's career. Fratty chipped the puck past the defence, gave Colborne a no-look spin pass from behind the net into a wide open space, where Colborne fanned on it but it still went in.

Dobber Sports Stud

Seems like Bozak's having a field day too...

6-1 leafs so far *coughasIwritethis7-1cough*

Bozak's now somehow managed to pick up 9 points in the last 7 games. Seems like someone woke him up.

Connolly with a 3 pointer tonight as well (and potentially counting).

Seems like the Leafs' secondary scoring is waking up with that 7-1 win against WSH and now the (as of now) identical score against Tampa.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO