Page 30 of 414 FirstFirst ... 20 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 40 80 130 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by JD88 View Post
    To each his own I suppose.......I dont agree with your assesment with Schenn at all? As for CHI there is no one hurt right now that is keeping Carcillo in the top 6 he is there for the reasons I stated above and it very well likley not be all year but there are always examples of this in hockey! Take Burrows for example again we was NEVER meant to be a top 6 fwd and just through hard work forced his way up there!!
    To each his own and well we both might disagree about Scheen's ability we are both Leaf fan's GO LEAFS GO!!!
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    P.S I assume you meant to put Kommy in second line...
    Scheen
    Garbo
    Scheen
    Wasn't referring to Komisarek, was referring to the fact that we don't have an NHL player named Scheen. His name his Schenn.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Master

5-1-1! Not much more to say! I'm kinda exhausted but I wanted to give some tidbits of info from the game.

I want to mention how ecstatic I am to have Jake Gardiner on the Leafs. For a rookie, this kid looks like a seasoned veteran. Speedy, defensively responsible, and an offensive threat. Absolutely incredible, I know see why the coaching staff kept him around.

The fact that Komisarek saw the ice with 5 minutes to go was insane. He even played with 50 seconds left, and in OT. Not smart thinking. Besides Jay Rosehill, I can't think of anybody else on the active roster that I'd rather not have playing overtime than Komi.

Kessel is still on fire.

Grabovski too.

And Dion

Kadri and Frattin are slowly turning into two of my favourites on the team. Whenever they're on the ice, good things seem to happen. Opportunities are created. Shots are fired. People are hit. Penalties are drawn. All the things you want from guys on the team. Kadri was lucky to have been called up the day after returning from injury, and he's making the most out of his ice time. Frattin also got robbed again tonight, that first goal will come!

That's really any points that came to mind...anything you guys want to add?
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Veteran

I have to agree that Kadri is making me get a little excited when I watch his craftyness with the puck he looks very solid to start the year and good with Fratten on that 3rd line......I still say that MacAruther doesnt look himself and Schenn looked good again tonight I think he may have found a partner in Gardiner who yes looked great......Is it just me or does everyone cringe everytime someone takes a shot on the Monster he looks teribble in net really, really bad and if Riem's is hurt and missing time Scrivens is coming up and I think he will get a shot at starting.....I give Monster one more weak game and he gets replaced on the roster all together by him!!!

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by JD88 View Post
    I have to agree that Kadri is making me get a little excited when I watch his craftyness with the puck he looks very solid to start the year and good with Fratten on that 3rd line......I still say that MacAruther doesnt look himself and Schenn looked good again tonight I think he may have found a partner in Gardiner who yes looked great......Is it just me or does everyone cringe everytime someone takes a shot on the Monster he looks teribble in net really, really bad and if Riem's is hurt and missing time Scrivens is coming up and I think he will get a shot at starting.....I give Monster one more weak game and he gets replaced on the roster all together by him!!!
    Reimer is fine. He had whiplash symptoms and they got worried. He's good to go I'm pretty sure!

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by TK12555 View Post
    The fact that Komisarek saw the ice with 5 minutes to go was insane. He even played with 50 seconds left, and in OT. Not smart thinking. Besides Jay Rosehill, I can't think of anybody else on the active roster that I'd rather not have playing overtime than Komi
    Don't know if you remember, but I was in favour of using Komi as our 7th defender/send him down to marlies....but I think the Montreal game was his best to date. After sitting vs Boston, it really woke him up. He didn't try to much today, and even made a couple break out passes. As much as I dislike Komi in the lineup, I have to give him some credit. Now lets hope he can build on this.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyGuru View Post
    Don't know if you remember, but I was in favour of using Komi as our 7th defender/send him down to marlies....but I think the Montreal game was his best to date. After sitting vs Boston, it really woke him up. He didn't try to much today, and even made a couple break out passes. As much as I dislike Komi in the lineup, I have to give him some credit. Now lets hope he can build on this.
    Saying it was his best game is like praising a failing student for getting a 53 on an exam

Dobber Sports Veteran

Saying it was his best game is like praising a failing student for getting a 53 on an exam
    Bahahahahah I agree LOL

Dobber Sports Stud

Amazing reference.

But progress is progress! (What does that make congress? lol)

Yeah, I missed this game too (I wish I hadn't... seemed like an exiting one). Just glad they won.

As for MacArthur not looking like himself, has anyone considered that what we're seeing is his normal self and that last year was just him going bonkers? That one ever come to mind?

And I remember the last time a Leaf was leading the points and goals race this early in the year for this long. Sundin and Antropov were both ahead early on a few years ago.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Just a thought on Kessel.......What do you think getting picked last at the All-Star game did for his motivation??? He ended the year with 30 pts in 33 games and now starts the year with 14 pts in 7 games!!! Thats 1.1 pts/game!

So I am thinking getting picked last in the All-Star game was the best thing that ever happened to him and he is capable of scoring 80 pts.........not saying he will this year, though I personally think he's close come end of year but he has the skills and has shown consistancy since the last pick thing!!

Just my Thoughts!

Dobber Sports Stud

the leafs are turning into one of the most exciting teams to watch so far this season something always seems to happen
    Kadri and frattin im loving that 3rd line as well, they just create so much when they are on the ice
    Grabo may have finally woken up, looks more comfortable out there, back to his usual self

and I totally agree The Monster scares the shit out of me every time the other team shoots...
    When Reimer is in net i feel safe, something i haven't felt with a goalie since the Belfour days
    NFHA categories: G(25) A(25) PIM(3) Hits(2) Blocks(2) PPP(15) SHP(20) Goalie Stats: W(50) Sv(2) ShOu(100) OtL(10) ShL(10) L(-10) GA(-12)
    Cold As Ice Dynasty H2H categories: G A PIM SOG PPP +/- HIT BLK WINS GAA SV% SHO
    Starting Roster:
    Center - Giroux, Krejci, W.Karlsson
    Left Wing - Hall, Guentzel, Danault
    Right Wing - Stone, R.Smith, Compher
    Ultility Forward - Fast, Gaborik
    Defense - Klingberg, Pietrangelo, Jones, C.Miller, Phanuef, E.Johnson
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller
    Bench - M.Foligno, Sheahan, Laughton, Glendening, Djoos, Jensen, H.Fleury
    Prospects - Kyrou, Andersson Hinostroza, Grundstrom, Roy, Timmins, Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Lindgren

Dobber Sports Sage

That was a very exciting game. I have been very impressed with Kadri. I would love to see what he could do on the second line with Grabovski and Kulimen. They are both excellent 2-way players, so I think they would be a good fit. MacArthur is just simply not a skilled enough player to be playing on that line. Besides the first 25-30 games of last year he has done very little. I think he would b much better suited to a third line rule. As for Grabovski I think it might be the time that he starts to turn into a all-star caliber player. All he needs is a little more consistency. Him and Kulimen excite me to no end. Gardiner looked great again. He is calm and his maturity is well beyond his years. As for SCHENN I won't say much except for that besides his secondary assist on Steckel's goal he had a brutal game again and I think the fact that a rookie D-man had 19+min TOI and he had 12min will attest to that. Only players on the team with less TOI were are fourth liners.
    Last edited by bigbabybuda; October 24, 2011 at 10:46 AM.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Guru

lines today at practice

jonasTSN1050 Jonas Siegel
    D: Gunnarsson-Phaneuf. Gardiner-Schenn. Liles-Komisarek. Looks to be same lineup as Saturday. Gustavsson starts.
    10 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
    ยป
    jonasTSN1050 Jonas Siegel
    Lines this morning: MacArthur-Grabovski-Kulemin. Lupul-Lombardi-Kessel. Kadri-Steckel-Frattin. Brown-Dupuis-Rosehill.

Dobber Sports Stud

I guess that means that Connolly is still nursing a glass/strained (insert any body part here).

Dobber Sports Veteran

Still think that Gunner as well as he has played is not a top pairing D man and that he is just being showcased for a trade so that they can bring the big guy Aulie up! but as long as we keep winning they wont change anything and I cant blame them.