Page 272 of 414 FirstFirst ... 172 222 262 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 282 322 372 ... LastLast
Results 4,066 to 4,080 of 6196

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Administrator

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

Stop the panicking, everything is back to normal now

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Funke View Post
    The leafs have won 24 of their last 50 regular season games. That’s only one more than Edmonton.
    That's pretty bad.

They had their back up goalie in Neuvirth, but he messed that up.

Looks like Marner could end up with a win win. He got the contract and will probably soon be rid of Babcock. Maybe Buffalo is still interested?

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    That's pretty bad.

They had their back up goalie in Neuvirth, but he messed that up.

Looks like Marner could end up with a win win. He got the contract and will probably soon be rid of Babcock. Maybe Buffalo is still interested?
    I'm pretty sure Buffalo is happy with their coach.

Dobber Sports Titan

I'm surprised they aren't giving Dermott a conditioning stint in the minors.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I'm surprised they aren't giving Dermott a conditioning stint in the minors.
    I'm guessing, since he's been fully healthy ready to go for the past 10 days and involved 100% in practices they don't feel he needs it.
    Due to LTIR... with an early recovery - the leafs hands were tied they had to leave him on the IR.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Barrie - 20:15
    Ceci - 24:15
    Dermott - 12:56
    Holl - 20:25
    Muzzin - 4:22
    Rielly - 33:16!

Rielly really manned up last night taking on Muzzin's minutes after he left. And remember Rielly's missed the last 3 practices with an undisclosed injury. He looked tired in the back half of the third period, obviously. But right when I was thinking that, Matthews dumped it in on the bench side of the ice and Rielly goes flying in. Guy's a pretty smart d-man now, knowing when to hold back.

Howeverrrrr. PENALTIES. OMG. Played with fire and they got burned. However, Leafs had more PP than the Caps! Weird game. Luckily they have some days to rest up before their game on Saturday.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Barrie - 20:15
    Ceci - 24:15
    Dermott - 12:56
    Holl - 20:25
    Muzzin - 4:22
    Rielly - 33:16!

Rielly really manned up last night taking on Muzzin's minutes after he left. And remember Rielly's missed the last 3 practices with an undisclosed injury. He looked tired in the back half of the third period, obviously. But right when I was thinking that, Matthews dumped it in on the bench side of the ice and Rielly goes flying in. Guy's a pretty smart d-man now, knowing when to hold back.

Howeverrrrr. PENALTIES. OMG. Played with fire and they got burned. However, Leafs had more PP than the Caps! Weird game. Luckily they have some days to rest up before their game on Saturday.

Rielly is turning into full beast. What is a little concerning is I'm not sure he's the Lidstrom that Babcock thinks he is. But- he's the best we have, so moot point really. Play him until he drops.

A couple other quick points: Ovi's comments were interesting. He got some criticism but I think he was 100% correct in his assessment of the Leafs. Their top guys aren't in that mode yet - i.e. doing whatever it takes to win.
    They're still about the stat sheet.

The Athletic had an interesting note about how Babcock's choice for goaltending (in btb games) is all analytics based.
    That's fine and dandy, but analytics are meant to be one tool of many. You don't just close your eyes, follow the analytics and throw your judgment out the window. Starting Anderssen on a Friday against the Sharks and then Hutchinson on the Saturday against MONTREAL is idiotic and inexcusable. I'll quote this at the end of the year when Montreal and Toronto are duking it out for the final playoff spot.

Dobber Sports Titan

Think I saw that JT was practising with the team today. Or was planning too. Status for Saturday still up in the air.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    Rielly is turning into full beast. What is a little concerning is I'm not sure he's the Lidstrom that Babcock thinks he is. But- he's the best we have, so moot point really. Play him until he drops.

A couple other quick points: Ovi's comments were interesting. He got some criticism but I think he was 100% correct in his assessment of the Leafs. Their top guys aren't in that mode yet - i.e. doing whatever it takes to win.
    They're still about the stat sheet.

The Athletic had an interesting note about how Babcock's choice for goaltending (in btb games) is all analytics based.
    That's fine and dandy, but analytics are meant to be one tool of many. You don't just close your eyes, follow the analytics and throw your judgment out the window. Starting Anderssen on a Friday against the Sharks and then Hutchinson on the Saturday against MONTREAL is idiotic and inexcusable. I'll quote this at the end of the year when Montreal and Toronto are duking it out for the final playoff spot.
    Regarding the b2b goalie thing: Babcock has been doing this since he came to Toronto and to bring it up now is just dumb. No one complained last year or the year before.......? Weird.

There are so many other faults he does that are probably actually being focused on.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Regarding the b2b goalie thing: Babcock has been doing this since he came to Toronto and to bring it up now is just dumb. No one complained last year or the year before.......? Weird.

There are so many other faults he does that are probably actually being focused on.
    There was complaints, just it's amplified this yr as 8 of their 14 games have been the b2b variety. So it's quite the talking point.

Dobber Sports Expert

It was definitely brought up last year. I think Sparks lost 2 games against the Bruins last year on the 2nd night of B2B games if I recall correctly.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Except that it was brought up last year. Because it's one of the worst things he does.
    But I'm not going to call you dumb for ignoring that.

The Great One

This isn't anything new. He's been doing this for decades!

But lets bring it up now.....?

Dobber Sports Titan

This isn't anything new. He's been doing this for decades!

But lets bring it up now.....?
    Except it's been said that it isn't just being brought up now.
    It might be more at the forefront since it hasn't brought positive results recently, but I do remember a fair few discussions on it.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

The btb goalie topic keeps coming up because it's baffling. Why and how it's somehow "dumb" to bring it up again/now is also baffling.

I can understand the logic if the Saturday team is also out of division.
    But when Montreal is the opponent on Saturday, THAT is the must win game. Not the Sharks game. So you start your best goalie in the divisional game. I simply cannot comprehend how anyone can dispute this. I cannot comprehend how Babcock doesn't receive MORE criticism for this stupidity.