Page 22 of 414 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 32 72 122 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    Phanuef " might" get suspended for the hit on Conboy.
    That would be a complete disgrace... shoulder to shoulder ffs. The guy got back up and got sandwitched by Ryan and Rosehill later on in the same period, too!

As for your question Eric, in my opinion, there is just so many goalies behind Gustafsson ready to jump (Rynnas, Scrivens, Owuya) on his spot the second he leaves it open that he has to go up and prove he can be a force. There's also Reimer, though, who has the inside track.

I haven't been able to see much of Gus last night as he wasn't tested (and I'm no professional when it comes to analyzing goalies unless I see them over 10-20 games) much so I can't say if he got better or worse this summer.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Master

Kessel, Lupul, Macarthur, Reimer, Franson, Schenn among notables making preseason debuts tonight.

Blacker and Gysbers the biggest rookies debuting tonight.

Grabovski, Kulemin, Bozak, Phaneuf, Armstrong, Aulie, Liles notables that are not in the lineup tonight.

Gonna try and watch a bit later, give you some updates after the game.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by TK12555 View Post
    Kessel, Lupul, Macarthur, Reimer, Franson, Schenn among notables making preseason debuts tonight.

Blacker and Gysbers the biggest rookies debuting tonight.

Grabovski, Kulemin, Bozak, Phaneuf, Armstrong, Aulie, Liles notables that are not in the lineup tonight.

Gonna try and watch a bit later, give you some updates after the game.
    What abotu Conolly? Did he get injured in the pre-game skate?

I also (unfortunately) won't be watching as procrastination is being my best friend again, delaying my school work.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    What abotu Conolly? Did he get injured in the pre-game skate?

I also (unfortunately) won't be watching as procrastination is being my best friend again, delaying my school work.
    Connolly is in. I just forgot to write him

Anyway, I just realized the Leafs have 6 games in 7 days...crazy preseason schedule.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Stud

Connolly is in. I just forgot to write him

Anyway, I just realized the Leafs have 6 games in 7 days...crazy preseason schedule.
    6 in 7? Daaamn. Crash course much?
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Administrator

6 in 7? Daaamn. Crash course much?
    At this rate the NHL training camps will start to look like NFL lineups prior to the preseason cuts.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Master

I don't know how it's gonna work, but the entire Leafs organization is going crazy for Jake Gardiner. The young defenceman, acquired along with Lupul for Beauchemin, is really turning heads in the pre-season, and could very likely crack a spot with the big club.

Now the question is, how do they do this? I had a discussion with my friend that works with the Leafs. He's strictly told not to release any information that could be considered tampering, but he told me two things:

1) Komisarek is in good spirits about being in such a tight race for a starting role on the team, but would not object to being traded to a team of his liking (he does have a limited NMC)

2) Burke is a very brash GM. If there is a member of his squad that he would not move, and somebody inquires about them, he essentially hangs up the phone (or harshly says, not available). Burke does not do that for Aulie and Gunnarsson. If the right deal came along for one of those guys, It's quite possible that they move. Mind you, Burke is very high on Aulie, and he's not being auctioned off for a small price. Likelyhood is, Aulie doesn't move.

So keep an eye out for what goes on with the Leafs as training camp/pre-season wraps up. Should be fun to watch who makes the team!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Last night at the beginning of the Leaf game they said Frattin and Kadri are battling for that 3rd line spot. Who do you think will earn that spot?
    Follow me for some fantasy hockey, Jays tweets @thelandshock

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by littleranger View Post
    Last night at the beginning of the Leaf game they said Frattin and Kadri are battling for that 3rd line spot. Who do you think will earn that spot?
    Kadri, and there's little doubt about it. Things are always subject to change, but that 3rd line spot should be Kadri's. I want Frattin to make the team this year, but there are so many in contention for that 4th line, it'll be difficult.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Thanks!

Just read "Leafs send Caputi, Colborne, D’Amigo, Hamilton, Mueller, Ryan, Scott, Zigomanis, Blacker, Finger, Gysbers, Holzer, Mikus, Owuya to Marlies."

and Lombardi is cleared for contact. What a deal.
    Follow me for some fantasy hockey, Jays tweets @thelandshock

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

what was the best part of the deal?

A) getting franson
    B) lombardi healthy to start the season screwing over the preds
    C) getting rid of lebda

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    what was the best part of the deal?

A) getting franson
    B) lombardi healthy to start the season screwing over the preds
    C) getting rid of lebda
    All of the above?

My favourite was A) Getting Franson. This guy has some serious potential. Watching his offensive ability and defensive poise will be a joy to watch this year.

My second-favourite part was C) Getting rid of Lebda, or rather attaining this for only Lebda. This guy sucks, and no longer having him on our roster is a great thing.

B) Lombardi healthy is a very nice addition, but it's just not needed. We have tons of mediocre centres, and we need to eventually find a legit #1. Nonetheless, Lombardi will help our nice depth.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by littleranger View Post
    Thanks!

Just read "Leafs send Caputi, Colborne, D’Amigo, Hamilton, Mueller, Ryan, Scott, Zigomanis, Blacker, Finger, Gysbers, Holzer, Mikus, Owuya to Marlies."

and Lombardi is cleared for contact. What a deal.
    So Colborne got cut. Not surprising. Should see him next year, or come up to the big leagues on occasion throughout 2011/12.

None of these names really surprise me, but some nice players heading to the farm.

Dobber Sports Stud

So Colborne got cut. Not surprising. Should see him next year, or come up to the big leagues on occasion throughout 2011/12.

None of these names really surprise me, but some nice players heading to the farm.
    Basically only young guys left I can think of are Kadri, Frattin and Gardiner.

Is it just me or is Scrivens still up?
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Dobber Sports Master

Basically only young guys left I can think of are Kadri, Frattin and Gardiner.

Is it just me or is Scrivens still up?
    Not just you, I think they've kept him around.