Page 17 of 414 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 27 67 117 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by TK12555 View Post
    watching games doesn't make you an addict. Doing what you do is, covering the rookie tournament, or following the team and caring like you do. You're a die-hard addict, don't think otherwise
    A die-hard addict who can't saturate his addiction because I can barely see a damn game anymore >_>
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Stud

Seems like Matt Lombardi will be healthy enough to attend training camp, after all.

"He says he is going be at training camp, and our guys believe he will," Maple Leafs general manager Brian Burke said.

"He feels really good," Burke said. "The most recent medical report we had on him is that the remaining discomfort he's having isn't concussion-related."
    Seems like the Ledba trade (who if I recall, was placed on waivers and was to be bought-out, although apparently there was another CBA issue there. I haven't kept track of the situation, to be honest) will bring in a lot after all...

Who would've thought Lebda would've brought some use.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    Seems like Matt Lombardi will be healthy enough to attend training camp, after all.

Seems like the Ledba trade (who if I recall, was placed on waivers and was to be bought-out, although apparently there was another CBA issue there. I haven't kept track of the situation, to be honest) will bring in a lot after all...

Who would've thought Lebda would've brought some use.
    I don't believe that Lebda can be bought out.

But man, I am loving this trade even more. Lombardi and Franson on opening night? That would be crazy!!
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Boooo. Preds get uber-screwed and I just moved Lombardi since the outlook wasn't too bright.

Damn you Burke.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Boooo. Preds get uber-screwed and I just moved Lombardi since the outlook wasn't too bright.

Damn you Burke.
    Score one for the good guys (you trading Lombardi)

That's great news though that he's going to be ready. This past year must have been extremely tough, I hope he does well.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Master

A Lombardi outlook (fantasy wise). If he starts out the year on the active list, expect him to play line 3 with Kadri and Armstrong. I think that Kadri and Lombardi could click, and work out just fine together.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

I can't see Lombardi clearing 35 on the Leafs...

Dobber Sports Master

I can't see Lombardi clearing 35 on the Leafs...
    Depends on his role. If he only plays line 3, than yes. But if Connolly get injured and he gets boosted up to top line, then no, he'll easily surpass 35.

Depends on his role. If he only plays line 3, than yes. But if Connolly get injured and he gets boosted up to top line, then no, he'll easily surpass 35.
    You think he'll get top line over Grabo?

I dunno, he had a career high of 53 playing with Iggy and dwelled in the 30-35range most other years as a 2nd line C. Don't really see him putting up a ton points-wise.

Dobber Sports Master

You think he'll get top line over Grabo?

I dunno, he had a career high of 53 playing with Iggy and dwelled in the 30-35range most other years as a 2nd line C. Don't really see him putting up a ton points-wise.
    he got 53 in PHX.

Grabo won't leave his line of Macarthur/Kulemin. The chemistry there is insane.

he got 53 in PHX.

Grabo won't leave his line of Macarthur/Kulemin. The chemistry there is insane.
    I'll just admit embarassment and defeat and leave this thread for now. haha

Dobber Sports Master

I'll just admit embarassment and defeat and leave this thread for now. haha
    good, you're not wanted here.

The Great One

good, you're not wanted here.
    Lmao- nice Tk- hahaha!

In all seriousness though thats pretty sweet. I thought his injury basically made him a salary dump. I know hes kind of viewed as a one dimensional speed merchant but then again it wasnt that long ago he was lauded as having a 70ish point upside. Not saying he gets there but more options certainly arent gonna hurt the leafs up front.

The optimist in me wonders if he cant create some chemistery with Kessel to create some offense off the rush. We'll see I guess but pretty interesting news.

Thats gotta sting for Nashville...

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Lmao- nice Tk- hahaha!

In all seriousness though thats pretty sweet. I thought his injury basically made him a salary dump. I know hes kind of viewed as a one dimensional speed merchant but then again it wasnt that long ago he was lauded as having a 70ish point upside. Not saying he gets there but more options certainly arent gonna hurt the leafs up front.

The optimist in me wonders if he cant create some chemistery with Kessel to create some offense off the rush. We'll see I guess but pretty interesting news.

Thats gotta sting for Nashville...
    he'll play 3rd line, and that's awesome. We now have 3 borderline 1st/ solid 2nd line centres on our team.

The Great One

Yeah I think Lombardi on your 3rd line is pretty solid. Not saying he'd be ideal if it went down- but makes me feel a little better as insurance if that dreaded connolly injury strikes. What a sweet move that was for Burke- not gonna vault them into contention but pretty sweet additions at virtually no cost...