Page 115 of 414 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 125 165 215 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 6196

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

With Bibeau, I think it's more that he's spent less time as a pro, 31 games last year, 29 this, he's slightly younger and want to limit disruptions in his development. There is also likely certain aspects of his game they feel he needs more work on than Sparks. He was only called up to the Leafs this year to back up Sparks when both Bernier & Reimer were out with injury.

I really like Bibeau and think he could be the best option within the current Leafs system to be a long term solution. He was phenomenal in the Memorial Cup a couple years back.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

FA Goalie Market:
    2016:
    Ward, Hiller, Reimer, Enroth, Lindback, Raanta, Kuemper (RFA), Andersen(RFA), Nilsson (RFA), Pickard (RFA).
    2017:
    Miller, Bishop, Mason, Elliot, Neuvirth, Markstrom, Darling, Lehner (RFA), Allen (RFA), O’Connor (RFA), Vasilevskiy (RFA), Grubauer (RFA), Ullmark (RFA), Subban (RFA), Korpisalo (RFA), Hellebuyck (RFA), Bibeau (RFA), Matt Murray (RFA)

Obviously they won’t get O’Connor or Murray via trade, but the UFA’s are solid in the enxt couple of yrs.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I can see the leafs staying with bernier for another year, take another high draft pick and then acquire a tender in the 2017 off season, vasilevskiy, subban seem like great young prospects that could be acquired seeing their positions in front of them

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    FA Goalie Market:
    2016:
    Ward, Hiller, Reimer, Enroth, Lindback, Raanta, Kuemper (RFA), Andersen(RFA), Nilsson (RFA), Pickard (RFA).
    2017:
    Miller, Bishop, Mason, Elliot, Neuvirth, Markstrom, Darling, Lehner (RFA), Allen (RFA), O’Connor (RFA), Vasilevskiy (RFA), Grubauer (RFA), Ullmark (RFA), Subban (RFA), Korpisalo (RFA), Hellebuyck (RFA), Bibeau (RFA), Matt Murray (RFA)

Obviously they won’t get O’Connor or Murray via trade, but the UFA’s are solid in the enxt couple of yrs.
    There really is not a lot there that won't be kept by their current club (speaking of those with RFA beside their name) so yes there are some good guys but none of the starter caliber guys are going to be available. In terms of UFAs, Miller will likely be available but don't count on Markstrom...expect him to sign an extension as the long term option in Vancouver. As for the rest:
    Reimer (well you already had that shot), Neuvirth, Enroth, Lindback, Raanta & Darling...are all backups, even comparing to Bernier, these guys are not improvements

Bishop, Ward, Miller, Elliot, Hiller, Mason...well expect Bishop and Mason to be retained by their clubs. Ward is useless. Elliott plays behind a superb hockey team which inflates his numbers and Miller is significantly past his prime.

Most likely, Miller, Ward and Andersen are most likely the 'best' options for the Leafs and none are really a viable solution to stabilize the net position for the Leafs. Majority of teams find their #1 goalies through drafting and developing behind a competent starter, that is the best option for the Leafs.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    There really is not a lot there that won't be kept by their current club (speaking of those with RFA beside their name) so yes there are some good guys but none of the starter caliber guys are going to be available. In terms of UFAs, Miller will likely be available but don't count on Markstrom...expect him to sign an extension as the long term option in Vancouver. As for the rest:
    Reimer (well you already had that shot), Neuvirth, Enroth, Lindback, Raanta & Darling...are all backups, even comparing to Bernier, these guys are not improvements

Bishop, Ward, Miller, Elliot, Hiller, Mason...well expect Bishop and Mason to be retained by their clubs. Ward is useless. Elliott plays behind a superb hockey team which inflates his numbers and Miller is significantly past his prime.

Most likely, Miller, Ward and Andersen are most likely the 'best' options for the Leafs and none are really a viable solution to stabilize the net position for the Leafs. Majority of teams find their #1 goalies through drafting and developing behind a competent starter, that is the best option for the Leafs.
    With the way the Leafs are doing everything else, I can't see them going any other route... add in C Hart in the upcoming draft and we're talking. Looking at the last couple trade deadlines, goalies don't tend to get traded. The only G the Leafs would go out and sign as a UFA would be someone they could do this with, but they generally don't move.. there are exceptions, but no guarantees.

Miller isn't an option, he signed on the west coast because his wife works on LA.. he's not coming East. I expect a tandem of Bernier & Sparks/Bibeau next year with the plan to continue to develop Sparks/Bibeau. Bibeau being the likely best option at this moment long term.

Give the Leafs Matthews (#1) & Hart (#31) as 2 of their first 3 picks and it will be a banner draft.

I also see them trading down Pitts pick for added picks and more likely trying to take Hart mid 20's

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

goaltening shouldn't even be a concern for the leafs right now.

it wont matter who we have in net if our defense remains as is, we'll be no different than the oilers.

unless we can sign/trade for a couple top 4 dmen i just don't see us trading for a goalie.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Zaitzev, Dermott, Neilson are coming. In 3 years the back end will be completely different Reilly being the only guarantee to remain.

To say goaltending shouldn't be a concern for the Leafs now, I can't accept that. It takes the longest to develop. All aspects of the roster should be a priority. You take the top G prospect in the draft and exercise patience. The last thing you want is to have a talent laden roster and have no one that can stop the puck in 3 years. You want a stable of young goaltending and last year.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Give the Leafs Matthews (#1) & Hart (#31) as 2 of their first 3 picks and it will be a banner draft.
    If they don't "win" first overall, they would be wise to consider Dubois for their first pick. Laine & Puljujarvi get all the hype for #2 & #3 but don't be surprised to hear Dubois' name thrown around the top 3 as the draft nears. He is being overlooked at this position currently but has all the tools to be an elite star. And is the #2 Centre in the draft...a prototypical centre that every team covets and teams like the Leafs desperately need.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    If they don't "win" first overall, they would be wise to consider Dubois for their first pick. Laine & Puljujarvi get all the hype for #2 & #3 but don't be surprised to hear Dubois' name thrown around the top 3 as the draft nears. He is being overlooked at this position currently but has all the tools to be an elite star. And is the #2 Centre in the draft...a prototypical centre that every team covets and teams like the Leafs desperately need.
    Totally agree, I'm big on Dubois as well. If they end up 2nd overall it'll be interesting. I don't see them passing on both Laine & Puljarvi, 3rd, maybe... 4th Dubois definitely. I don't see Chychurn as the best available at 4 and that's what Tor will be drafting, BOP

I did qualify my post (Matthews/Hart) as being a 'banner draft'

In Hunter I trust.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

If they fall to second, I can see them taking the big winger and pushing hard on stamkos, and slide nylander in as the 2nd line center/1st/2nd line wing like kane as been in the past

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

only way leafs select dubios/tkachuk etc is if they fall out of top 3. pretty much goes for any team at this point.

i'm not even going to discuss that as i'd be pretty pissed off if it happens. i don't mind losing out on matthews (as more than likely we won't get him), but if we miss out on both finns too i'll lose my shit.

so the question is...would the leafs be better off with laine or puljujarvi?

laine has size...so he may have the edge.

Dobber Sports Titan

Corrado and Carrick will get the edge on anyone else because babcock loves his LH-RH matchups.

Marincin, I dunno. Half the time I think he’s got the brain but not the skill to pull things off, then I think he has the skill but not the brain. He’s intriguing. Last 5 games he’s been averaging above 22minTOI. I think he’ll be suitable until other guys come up.

Goalie wise, I think it’ll be dependent on if Sparks/Bibeau show they can start. If they don’t like Bernier as a 1B when his contract is up, I’d look to see if Elliot would like to be a Leaf. He’s shown he can be a 1B/1A goalie mentally.

I like how Soshnikov made Greiss think shot the whole way on last nights SO goal. Greiss 100% thought Sosh was going forehand shot, nice cheeky backhand by Sosh. Also, Nylander had Greiss guessing the whole time he was going in, Greiss just got him with a poke check. If it didn’t connect, Nylander would have prolly scored and made Greiss look ridiculous.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    In Hunter I trust.
    This basically says it all...If they don't pick #1, Tkachuck will be the pick for the Leafs

Dobber Sports Jedi

If you look at last years draft beyond Marner, Specifically - Dermott, Timashov, Neilson and a lesser extent Bracco. There is a lot to be excited about way beyond our top 4 pick. Neilson's size & numbers this year have to create comparisons to Shea Weber... just a monster year in the WHL.

If they don't take Tkachuk, there's going to be a reason for it and it'll scare a few other teams off and he'll slide. Hunter knows him better than anyone else in this draft (for obvious reasons)... so yeah, there's a linear connection to him being #4.

I really like Dubois, but Tkachuk has been nothing short of a beast himself this season. At 4 I will be smiling with either of these choices. A big C though is so tough to find and the Leafs are so light down the middle. It'll be very hard to pass Dubois for a winger.

It's clear based on last draft, Leafs care solely about skill, size is a distant afterthought -- I think they'd take Puljujarvi at #2. 3rd will be very interesting who take Dubois or the other Fin.

My prediction is the Leafs draft board looks like this:
    Matthews
    Puljujarvi
    Dubois
    Laine
    Tkachuk

Dobber Sports Expert

Bracco is nothing to be excited about. He was a waste of a second round pick. He'll likely never play more than a few game here and there in the NHL.