Page 108 of 414 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 118 158 208 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 6196

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    Getting Bracco at 61 imo makes this a wash, since we got 2 picks on top of him instead of picking him up earlier in the draft. No complaints from my end at this point in time, we'll see when development happens.
    loving their moves at the draft.

taking marner over hanifin was a big sigh of relief.

i admit i thought it was stupid to trade down from 24 so much especially when konency was available. but getting bracco with 61 was a steal, and i dont know much about dermott but it was obvious they were going to select a D with their next pick and he seems to be a great passer and good at his own end. definitely has the tools to be a top 4 D one day.

and trading mr.steroids and a 4th for marincin? even if marincin ends up as a bottom pairing D thats a steal considering he already has experience and is still young.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    loving their moves at the draft.

taking marner over hanifin was a big sigh of relief.

i admit i thought it was stupid to trade down from 24 so much especially when konency was available. but getting bracco with 61 was a steal, and i dont know much about dermott but it was obvious they were going to select a D with their next pick and he seems to be a great passer and good at his own end. definitely has the tools to be a top 4 D one day.

and trading mr.steroids and a 4th for marincin? even if marincin ends up as a bottom pairing D thats a steal considering he already has experience and is still young.
    And picking up Korostelev in the 7th round just seems ridiculous. And that kid from the Q in the 5th is intriguing.

Reading on all of these guys and apart from them being average to below average in size, and for the most part wingers, they are all of the "high-skill, potential homerun" type. The faith in Hunter and Dubas is warranted after this weekend, at least in terms of drafting. For me, anyways.

Next step is developping and adding more talent to the cupboards in the long run, but man, this looks to be a hell of a start to the Hunter/Dubas/Shanahan era.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Expert

I think people expected too much from MM. Only 2 half seasons of experiance. And I cant imagine what playing in that lousy environment last season did to him. Hes young has size and skill. Give him time.
    Also Agree with Praba, Bracco could be a gem.

Jeremy Bracco, C/W, 5’9’’ (USNTDP)The highest rated “undersized” prospect by all major media outlets, Jeremy Bracco, went into the combine as the shortest prospect on record - a fact he merely shrugged off. The Boston College commit is one of the most entertaining players to watch in the entire draft; he has undeniable talent and should be viewed as one of the best playmakers, not just in the draft, but in recent prospect memory. Bracco set the new U18 record for assists last season with 64 apples in 65 games. Over two seasons with the U18 program, Bracco is statistically the best U.S. NTDP playmaker of all time with his combined 122 assists. Considering the players who’ve come out of that program, Bracco’s accomplishments are worth taking note of. Hopefully come Draft Day, his ability to play the game and not some grandfathered belief of old timey hockey will shine through--because Bracco and company, like notable undersized players before them, deserve a shot to disrupt the league and it’s belief that bigger is always better. "

Dobber Sports Expert

https://vine.co/v/eWgqIpZIulQ

Check out the sweet pass to Colin White for the big goal... none other then Bracco...

Dobber Sports Titan

It’s crazy to think how much of an influence Tyler Johnson and Johnny Gaudreau have had on the “short guys” and their draft day value. 2-3yrs ago, Marner would have been a 10-15 pick prolly just because of his size.

Marner – 5’11”
    Nylander – 5’11”
    Brown – 5’11”
    Dermott – 5’11”
    Bracco – 5’10” (some have 5’9”)

I found that pretty funny, the top prospects really the Leafs have are all the same size practically. And for those who don’t know much about Nikita Korostelev, he’s a bigger guy who has been compared to JvR or Hall (speed, shot, hands, and drive to go to the net), but ‘typical Russian’ negatives. Doesn’t play well without the puck, consistency level is not good, doesn’t try when the team is down, and tries to be too fancy at times.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan321 View Post
    https://vine.co/v/eWgqIpZIulQ

Check out the sweet pass to Colin White for the big goal... none other then Bracco...
    Sorry link doesn't seem to work. Try this from 2:48 mark

http://m.u18worlds2015.iihf.com/en/g...26/USA-vs-FIN/

Dobber Sports Initiate

So, the Leafs have traded Kessel without taking a big contract back. I'm not sold on the deal, but the extra cap room is pretty intriguing. My question for Leafs fans is, what are the chances they actually land Stamkos? I hear he is negotiating an extension with Tampa, and since they went to the final I would think the odds are in favour of him staying put, but it would be nice to see more superstar talent on Canadian rosters.

I still don't understand how the Leafs turned from average to epically terrible after Carlyle left.
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    So, the Leafs have traded Kessel without taking a big contract back. I'm not sold on the deal, but the extra cap room is pretty intriguing. My question for Leafs fans is, what are the chances they actually land Stamkos? I hear he is negotiating an extension with Tampa, and since they went to the final I would think the odds are in favour of him staying put, but it would be nice to see more superstar talent on Canadian rosters.

I still don't understand how the Leafs turned from average to epically terrible after Carlyle left.
    Chances to land if he hits FA : I'd say are pretty high. Local boy, nice timeline, cap space, etc. That said, he could go to another team who is closer to contention and has the space at that point.

Chances that he hits FA : At this point? Remote. Extremely remote. It exists only because it's a possibility. That said, it is interesting to see how Tampa manages their upcoming potential cap crunch (Stamkos, Johnson, and many others are FA's next summer).

I think it might have been they just said "**** it" when Horachek tried to get stuff done, knowing he's just an interim.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

The Great One

It might be a really good time to buy a PSL (Personal Seat Licence) and season tickets for the Leafs. I would assume prices will drop over the next 16 months before they rise by 5% a year again

Dobber Sports Titan

Highlights of Kapanen’s play has be intrigued on the deal. His release on his shots is ridiculous. He doesn’t shoot it hard just yet, but he beats goalies based on pure release and once he gets some velocity on it, watch out NHL.

Nylander – Marner – Kapanen is a solid top line if Marner can add some weight. But at least the Leafs have a prospect that’s over 5’11”

Dobber Sports Stud

stinky leafs

wee willy nylander

miniature mitch marner

kaspar the friendly ghost

what a gongshow......shanny, dubas, hunter all will be gone in 3 years.....this is the NHL not hotel miniature floor hockey...

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Excellent article on Kessel's departure.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...&click=dlvr.it
    Great read. I was not a big fan of everyone poking holes in his game night in and night out. It was simply not his style. He was and always will be a goal scorer. It was insane to see how well he did with Bozak and JvR. JvR is a solid player, but it was practically just him and Kessel out there. I really hope Kessel meshes with Malkin or Crosby well; it’s going to be an absolute treat to see him play.

But the article didn’t give Kapanen and Harrington enough credit. Harrington is already a shutdown d-man (hard to find at a young age), and Kapanen was ranked like 14-18th in the draft rankings last yr. Good return considering everyone knew Toronto was selling low.

Dobber Sports Legend

All I know is this - if they come back in the fall with Phaneuf and Bozak still on the team, I will be furious. They clearly wanted to wipe the slate clean, so keep wiping it.
    The Leafs need a taker on Phaneuf. If the Oilers and Flames (during their recent Alberta arms race) didn't trade for Dion, I don't think there's a team in the world who wants him right now with that contract. Bozak - yeah, I think he'll be dealt soon.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Legend

They are eating 15% from Phil's deal, and he's a more valuable asset than Phaneuf. If they eat 15% of meathead's contract, that leaves 5.95 mil for the acquiring team to pay. As much as I hate him, that's not a crazy amount to pay someone who will slot into your top 3. He's about as good as someone like Sekera who just got paid 5.5. No?
    I agree. I think Dion gets a bad rap. He's a great 2nd pairing guy - he just can't be counted on to anchor a defense. I'd love it if the Leafs were willing to deal him to the Flyers for MacDonald and Umberger. No retention needed - just take back some funny money from Philly.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

The Great One

You need a dancing partner first.