Thread: Halak - Blues Fans Need some info

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Halak - Blues Fans Need some info

Halak is been major inconsistent stats wise over the last few months now. Is he playing bad and giving up bad goals, or is it the team in general.

I need to make a decision soon, on if I want to keep him or try and trade him with a player to upgrade. I try and believe he is going to turn into what a lot of people thought he would this year... but I really don't know.
    10 Team Yahoo Roto League - H2H, weekly changes - $100 WW budget - 75 remaining
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, Sv%, SOot

C - Getzlaf, E.Staal
    LW - Parise (RW), Benn
    RW - Giroux (C), Radulov
    D - Striet, Pietrangelo
    Util - Backes, Riberio, Malone
    G - Halak (Elliot), Rinne, Bryz
    Bench - M.Koivu, Kane (C)

Banned

it's both. he has been very inconsistent. one minute he is making his usual unbelievable, highlight real saves... the next he is letting in very weak goals. the announcers, last night, mentioned that shooters have been taking advantage of his glove hand for a while now and it has become a weak spot for halak. in fairness, the team started the season on a tear and halak was phenomenal - something like one loss in his first 12 games and he had that string of 3 shutouts. but injuries to key forwards and defence really derailed the whole team and halak's struggles certainly were part of this. his skill set is so high though, you have to assume that at some point, he will turn things around - just not sure whether or not it will be sooner or later (next year?)...