Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [Black Aces] Writing Tips

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: [Black Aces] Writing Tips

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I would say no more than 1500 words if possible, but I don't really limit.

Another advantage - don't write about prospects. I usually don't need those columns so if you write them it is just for the benefit of the readers in the forum
    Do you consider NHL draft eligible players as prospects and fall into the category of not being required?

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Do you consider NHL draft eligible players as prospects and fall into the category of not being required?
    correct
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Monster

Some great points listed in the OP. My instructor pointed out to me that I should be mindful how I write my numbers. Some want it to be written out, and other want just the numbers. Will be writing a piece this coming Thursday. I am a little nervous about it since this will be the first time others will read an actual piece of mine but will give it everything I have.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Some great points listed in the OP. My instructor pointed out to me that I should be mindful how I write my numbers. Some want it to be written out, and other want just the numbers. Will be writing a piece this coming Thursday. I am a little nervous about it since this will be the first time others will read an actual piece of mine but will give it everything I have.
    I agree with Dobbers first rule above. I've always gone with any numbers between one and nine will be written out. Anything 10 and above you can use the actual number.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."