Page 39 of 79 FirstFirst ... 29 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 49 ... LastLast

Thread: Philadelphia Flyers

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: Philadelphia Flyers

Talk to me about Sanheim. Seems to get less love on this site than others.
    I just drafted him and am hoping for good news!
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Master

Its no wonder that this thread has been dormant since August. No Flyers fan wants to come in here to give an update. The reason for that is because the entire team (except maybe Mason) is playing like complete shit. Gudas was on the ice when the Flyers were pressing with 90 seconds left. This means that Hakstol thinks Gudas is the best option at that stage of the game! My jesus, if that doesn't say it all. I watched the third period and absolutely nothing went right. They were full of fail. Not once did I think they would come back and win. No confidence, no hustle, no chance. Its gonna be a long season if a great many things dont start clicking. I wish I didn't buy GCL for the first time. It feels like a waste of money watching the Flyers.

Banned

Just traded Ryan for Mason. Let's go Stevie!

The Great One

Mason was put on waivers in one of my leagues and I've put in a claim for him. I doubt I get him, but if I do he will be a nice third-string goalie for me. I think he has played well and I want to believe that Philly will turn this around eventually.

What I really like about this team is that their biggest weakness is on defense and they clearly have a lot of very good dmen in the minors that could help them by next season, if not earlier.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Mason was put on waivers in one of my leagues and I've put in a claim for him. I doubt I get him, but if I do he will be a nice third-string goalie for me. I think he has played well and I want to believe that Philly will turn this around eventually.
    I like Mason as a goalie but I think it will be hard for him to get wins

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by rangerfan2430 View Post
    I like Mason as a goalie but I think it will be hard for him to get wins
    yeah, I know that. Especially this year. I'm thinking more long-term.

Likely won't matter anyway for me because my waiver priority is 9 of 12 teams. It is highly unlikely that 8 teams pass on Mason considering some of the goalies on those teams (Tokarski, Subban, Ramo, Hammond, and Stalock).
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Master

Well I caught the Oilers game the other day. They were outshot 19-2 in the first period. 19-2.... against the Oilers.... and their backup! Jeez. They did have some moments in the 2nd period that gave me a bit of hope that they would win. That hope was crushed in the 3rd. The only good I saw came from Laughton and Neuvirth. Laughton skated with a lot of energy and passion. Him, Read and Simmons might have been the best line, but they couldn't get much going. Neuvirth played very well, but the rest of the team didn't come to the party. Can't ask amy more of Neuvirth. He did his job well. Raffl played with G and Voracek. Normally, I would say that is a good thing for Raffl, but at the moment that doesn't help anyone. Gudas is getting a lot of minutes in pressure situations. I'm surprised. In terms of minutes its Streit, Del Zotto, then Gudas.

The way this team played, its like they have no belief. If it continues this way, its gonna be a long season. Can we have a mulligan on the season please? With the players on this team, it should be a lot different. Maybe its taking longer than expected to shift to Hakstol's system? Dunno. This should be different than they are though. Its not pretty at the moment.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    Well I caught the Oilers game the other day. They were outshot 19-2 in the first period. 19-2.... against the Oilers.... and their backup! Jeez. They did have some moments in the 2nd period that gave me a bit of hope that they would win. That hope was crushed in the 3rd. The only good I saw came from Laughton and Neuvirth. Laughton skated with a lot of energy and passion. Him, Read and Simmons might have been the best line, but they couldn't get much going. Neuvirth played very well, but the rest of the team didn't come to the party. Can't ask amy more of Neuvirth. He did his job well. Raffl played with G and Voracek. Normally, I would say that is a good thing for Raffl, but at the moment that doesn't help anyone. Gudas is getting a lot of minutes in pressure situations. I'm surprised. In terms of minutes its Streit, Del Zotto, then Gudas.

The way this team played, its like they have no belief. If it continues this way, its gonna be a long season. Can we have a mulligan on the season please? With the players on this team, it should be a lot different. Maybe its taking longer than expected to shift to Hakstol's system? Dunno. This should be different than they are though. Its not pretty at the moment.
    I remember looking at that and thought it was a typo lol. Then I saw McDavids icetime wasnt changing. Thought it was an error. Then heard on sportscenter that there is bad news in edm. i figured out what happened. This is an interesting game though. Both teams are struggling and really I think both teams are better than their records indicate.

Dobber Sports Master

Well tonight was better. I think there is a lot of improvement to be made coming out of their own zone, but the Flyers were better tonight. Neuvirth is solid. Really solid and he has earned more playing time. I'll be pissed if he doesn't start against the next game against the Avs back home. He made some great saves, he was lucky when he needed to be and he deserved the shutout. As I am currently suffering from PTSD, I fully expected the Flyers to blow the shutout for him. It would have been a shame, but I did expect it. Glad it didn't happen and also glad that I didn't feel that we would blow the lead. It was a different feeling tonight and I liked it (remembered it!).

Poor Jake just cannot score. He is doing all the right things though, so I think when he does eventually score, he will explode. If Jake scores soon, I think that we might go on a run and make the playoffs. The team looked a lot better tonight and I hope they find some consistency.

After watching Gudas a bit more, I now see what Hakstol sees and I understand why he's getting the minutes. He's pretty dependable. I thought he was a goon as I hadn't watched him play much since being traded to the Flyers. I'm getting on board with him now. He was quite good tonight against the Jets and I hope it wasn't an anomaly.

Let's hope this win is the start of a good run.

Dobber Sports Master

F%CK!!!!!!!!! Booed off the ice at home after losing 4-0 to the Avs, who were the team with the least points in the Western Conference. 4 nil.... at home.... 40 shots to 25. I cannot post anything positive.

Dobber Sports Master

I only caught the last half of the game, but I'm happy with coming back from two goals down. The transition game is just terrible. They come out of the defensive zone so slow, so sloppy. Thankfully the Canes are worse than us and we managed to get a win.

The real story is Jake getting his first goal. I yelled real loud when it happened. My wife asked me what was going on. hahhaa Hopefully the floodgates will be opened now.

Dobber Sports Master

Watched the Sens/Flyers game tonight. Well... I only made it until it was 4-0 before I turned it off. Absolutely gross... Admittedly, the boys were kind of unlucky. The Sens capitalized on a couple mistakes. It seemed like no matter that the Flyers did, they fail. Sens get a couple chances and score twice. Rough to watch.

Giroux and Voracek were ghosts. No reason to be hopeful yet. This bad streak could go on for a while.

Its been a while since I've had a real positive post on the boys. Feels like shit.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    Giroux and Voracek were ghosts.
    Wait. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? All the Ghostisbehere love around here makes me wonder.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Deity

I was flipping it around and watched some of this game myself. Mason looked bad. Voracek got beat around pretty bad. Most of the Flyers forwards were invisible. I wonder how long Hakstol lasts.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Seeing as there is no good news on the horizon for the Flyers and I hate being a negative person all the time... its time to mention the massive game at Man City on the weekend. They were absolutely destroyed by Liverpool. Mauled! It was a complete joy to watch. I realized that I miss that feeling. Good times.