Page 38 of 79 FirstFirst ... 28 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 48 ... LastLast

Thread: Philadelphia Flyers

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Philadelphia Flyers

Arrrrrrrrrgghhhhhhh!!!!!! Fml.

Dobber Sports Genius

A lot of flyers fans have been waiting for this.

@FriedgeHNIC: RT @NHLFlyers: BREAKING: The #Flyers have recalled D Shayne Gostisbehere from the @LVPhantoms. Details → http://t.co/oKU6ET4leR/s/94O7

Dobber Sports Master

And...... blown ACL. That is perfect...

Dobber Sports Master

Well, this season is quickly turning to shit. If I could make it to a game, I would be throwing waffles.

2 wins in the last 10 games! COME ON!!!!!!!

Dobber Sports Master

Who is Philly's equivalent to Anne Murray? Whoever it is, I bet she is pissed.

Dobber Sports Deity

Flyers changing up their lines. Took Voracek off 1st line and moved Simmonds up.

https://twitter.com/BroadStBull/stat...19930214350848

Raffl-G-Simm; Read-Coots-Vor; White-Schenn-Umb; VV-Bell-Rinaldo. Schultz-Streit; MDZ-Coby; Grossmann-Mac. #Flyers #DesperateTimes
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

So the Flyers follow up a loss to the worst team in the league (Buffalo) by beating the best team in the league (Nashville), go figure, these guys make no sense at all!
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    So the Flyers follow up a loss to the worst team in the league (Buffalo) by beating the best team in the league (Nashville), go figure, these guys make no sense at all!
    It's a roller coaster!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    Arrrrrrrrrgghhhhhhh!!!!!! Fml.
    Don't get discouraged!

Dobber Sports Master

Well boys, I am in a much better head space than the last time I posted in this thread. Hextall is a genius! Love that guy.

Had a great draft. I'm excited for our 1st rounders. Moving Grossmann was addition by subtraction. Any guesses which young defenceman moves into that roster spot? Gostisbehere seems the most likely candidate. I hope they take it nice and slow with Sanhiem and Morin. The future of our blue line looks brilliant.

Provorov - Morin
    Sanheim - Gostisbehere
    Interestingly.... they all shoot left.

Hextall has some cap space to play with. I'm guessing that he plays it cool with the cap space. He'll go into the season without dipping into the free agent pool. Evaluate until Xmas and then decide what (if anything) he needs to do. I hope he takes it slow. No need to overpay some for free agents. He doing all the right things to build a winner and I really hope he stays on target.

Banned

That's actually a pretty big issue if none of them can play right D. Somebody will be the odd man out if they all make it one day.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    That's actually a pretty big issue if none of them can play right D. Somebody will be the odd man out if they all make it one day.
    It could be an issue...or not so much. It's like wingers who play their offside, some can do it, some can't. Most prefer one side over the other, but can still play the other side. With defensemen, it could cause bigger problems if you are not comfortable playing on your offside, so I get what you are saying Ev. At the end of the day, it really depends on the player.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Master

At worst its a potential future problem. Not a huge problem though. More of an inconvenience. Most teams are looking to add left D. We have four in the stable. I doubt that all four players will pan out as top four defenders with the Flyers anyway. We will be extremely lucky if all player end up being what they were drafted to be. A lot of things happen b/w now and 3-4 years when all these players should be NHL ready. The worst case scenario is we have four home grown, top 4 defenceman who all shoot left. Not exactly a nightmare.

Dobber Sports Expert

Good draft weekend for the Flyers, but i still wouldn't call Hextall a genius. He extended Rinaldo and Schultz to questionable deals and the Hartnell trade was a bad one too.

Maybe just a rough start and now he's turning it around. Pretty amazing what he did in the last days.

Dobber Sports Master

I thought I would take a look at the defensive depth chart for the Flyers and ... it does not look good. This is how I see it.

Streit/MDZ - gross as a top pairing
    Schenn/MacDonald - gross in general
    Medvedev/Schultz
    Gudas, Manning, Gostisbehere, Provorov - will fight for minutes

I am hoping that either Gostisbehere or Provorov step up and take over one or two spots in the top 4, pushing the other down the depth chart. I dont expect this to happen as it would be a pretty big step, just hoping they can do it. If they aren't ready, then no big deal, let them develop naturally. The worst thing to do would be to panic and rush them.

I'm excited for Sanheim and Morin, but I dont think they will be ready this year. I'd be surprised if Provorov could make the leap, but people are saying that he is good enough right now. I'll believe it when I see it. I do think that Gostisbehere is ready for the jump.

TLDR - the defence is still a shambles and we wont win a lot of 1-0 games.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I just heard that the Flyers and Voracek have agreed to a contract extension!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​