Page 31 of 79 FirstFirst ... 21 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Philadelphia Flyers

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    No doubt. Been super impressed with him. Drafted him really early in my one year league and immediately asked myself why but he's been terrific. I only managed to watch the last 10 minutes or so of the game and wow he made some incredible saves on some good NYR opportunities that came about from sloppy play in front of him. It could have easily been 4-1 or 5-1 in the time that I was watching.
    He's been incredibly composed. I laughed when the Flyers came back from a zone clearing on the PP and Bryz came out of his net and was telling them all, from my perspective, to calm the **** down. It was priceless. You could see that he's far more comfortable this year in the crease.

I sat him tonight in my league only because Rask and Niemi have been playing incredibly as of late on their respective teams.
    The Untouchables Cup.
    C: Crosby, Giroux, J. Staal, Statsny, Desharnais
    RW: Voracek, B. Ryan, Brown, Gallagher
    LW: Parise, Landeskog, Lucic, van Riemsdyk
    D: Suter, Edler, Carlson, Girardi, Hamhuis, Giordano
    G: Rask, Luongo, Halak
    Categories:
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP,
    SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, SV, SV%, GAA, SHO
    10 Team Roto Limited Keeper
    3C, 3RW, 3LW, 2W, 1F, 6D, 2G, 3BN

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think I broke Giroux. I drafted him in the first round this year (5th overall).

Sorry Flyers
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Bryzgalov is playing great.

The defense can't get the puck out of the zone fast enough.

Giroux is not moving his feet

The forwards are not complimentary on each line. Like they are just going out there and not trying to make anything happen. Simmonds maybe or talbot but they don't have the skill. I will give Briere one more game of slack.

All and all this team better get it together and quickly. And I really think couturier should play with Giroux. Let schenn handle the 3rd line

Dobber Sports Veteran

Its not G's fault they give him the captaincy, Jagr is gone and suddenly Hartnell goes down and the line is gone. His points will come but it doesn't look like he'll have as great of a season as last year.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I think the loss of Hartnell is huge, more than most people think. He is to Giroux what St. Louis is to Stamkos - not the same type of player, but they are the key guys that enable Giroux and Stamkos to flourish.
    Thats nonsense Giroux will produce with anybody just give him a few games. Hartnell is not the guy that enables him to produce points get serious dude.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Master

I'm not so sure. Hartnell is a really experienced guy. He goes to all the tough areas, which frees up space for G along the boards. They developed a lot of chemistry last year and it cannot be considered an insignificant effect. G had 65 assists last year. I dont know how many of Hartnell's 37 goals are in that group, but I would imagine a fair few. G wont have as many assists, as he does not have a 37 goal scorer to line up with. Also, no one on the team can replace what Hartnell does in front of the net. His production will most certainly be affected.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy D Monkey View Post
    Thats nonsense Giroux will produce with anybody just give him a few games. Hartnell is not the guy that enables him to produce points get serious dude.
    I didn't mean to dis Giroux or his prodigious talent, but Hartnell is a very unique player in the NHL (large, talented player who can score) and he was more than just a passenger on Giroux's wing. Not saying Giroux NEEDS Hartnell to put up points, definitely NOT, but it's going to hurt his production for sure. No different if Stamkos were to lose St. Louis for an extended period, there's going to be an adjustment period.

Dude, I am almost always not serious.

Dobber Sports Master

The Flyers looked better tonight. High energy with constant forecheck. Much improved since the last game I was able to watch, which was also against the Bolts. This time we were much quicker to the puck. Front of the net was protected very well.... except for the complete meltdown by Gervais who left Pouliot all by himself in front of the net. Outside of that we were very good defensively.

On the offense, Roux can't seem to get any breaks. He's hustling out there but not getting many chances. McGinn did not look out of place playing with Briere and G. That line seems to be working ok.

Seemed to be this mostly tonight upfront.

Briere - G - McGinn
    Knuble- Couturier - Read
    Rinaldo - Schenn - Voracek
    Fedotenko - Talbot - Sestito

Couturier played a lot. They seem to be leaning on him a lot. He played well. BSchenn on the other hand seems to be getting energy line minutes.

Bryzgalov was friggin fantastic tonight. Never lost composure a single time. The only goal was a defensive breakdown and not his fault at all. He is putting his game back together and I am very pleased with what I saw from him tonight.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I will never forgive Bruno Gervais. Was really hoping I would catch a break and grab a shutout this week after my opponent rolled Cam Ward's amazing performance last night.

Never again Bruno...never again.

Bryz was awesome all game. I really hope nothing comes of that collision with Conacher.

What's Matt Read's long term value in a multi cat league with SOG PIMs and Hits?

Thanks
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Master

Holy sweet jesus we played shitty tonight.... I dont remember any good first passes out of the zone the entire night. The PP was completely atrocious. The boys didn't look like they would score the entire evening. Just a pathetic performance overall. Completely terrible.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm in shock with how terrible this team has played this season.

How have we lost our identity over the course of one year? Sure, losing Carle, JVR and to a lesser extent, Jagr hurt us but we still have the pieces here to be a contending team.

My prediction? They've stopped listening to Lavy and he will be fired in a week. Terry Murray will replace him and implement a defensive minded system.
    The Untouchables Cup.
    C: Crosby, Giroux, J. Staal, Statsny, Desharnais
    RW: Voracek, B. Ryan, Brown, Gallagher
    LW: Parise, Landeskog, Lucic, van Riemsdyk
    D: Suter, Edler, Carlson, Girardi, Hamhuis, Giordano
    G: Rask, Luongo, Halak
    Categories:
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP,
    SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, SV, SV%, GAA, SHO
    10 Team Roto Limited Keeper
    3C, 3RW, 3LW, 2W, 1F, 6D, 2G, 3BN

Dobber Sports Pro

Briere looks awful out there. Trade him for an equivalent winger. Trade Couturier for a PMD, like Yandle. Bring Laughton up from junior. Stop forcing the puck to Giroux all the time.

The Great One

Yeah, something is going to change soon, either with the roster or coaching (or both)...this team is too good to struggle.

Their most obvious need, imo, is an offensive dman and second-line scoring help (Read's eventual return will help there). The only thing that has gone right for the team all year has been the emergence of Voracek and Bryzgalov's decent play (no where near earning his salary, but at least he hasn't been a side-show this year and more often than not he has played well).
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Ninja

I don't know why I watch these Flyers games. It's so frustrating watching them play with Bryzgalov on my fantasy squad.

How is Philly only winning 3-2 despite having 6 opportunities on the PP? And what's with the brutal turnovers leading to goals against. First one a stupid turnover by Voracek in his own zone after he tried to use fancy moves to get around a guy one on one, then Briere goes off the ice while the puck is hemmed in his own zone, and then NOBODY REPLACES Briere on the ice leaving the Flyers a man down.

Then Giroux with a stupid turnover in the opposing blueline leading to a short handed goal.

And I get that Bryzgalov is getting hung out to dry on a lot of goals but it's hilarious watching his feeble attempts to make saves when there is pressure on him. The fact is if this guy is gonna be paid 7M a year he should be able to make a few big time stops when his team does leave him out to dry. I'm tired of defending him.

In case you're wondering, the reason why I'm so frickin frustrated is because Bryzgalov just singlehandedly lost me my goalie %s this week. Wish he'd just get hurt and put me out of my misery.

/endrant