Poll: Which option would you rebuild with?

Thread: Rebuild with Sid Or Twins

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Question Rebuild with Sid Or Twins

So, I went through a full rebuild to obtain the Twins for a strong run next season. However an opertunity has come up to trade the Twins for Crobsy stright up. I know, I'll be losing out, but would you do it? Team listed below in sign. Ovie & Sid sounds so dirty...
    Last edited by wwkwan3; January 11, 2011 at 2:28 PM. Reason: Posted in the wrong area, admin, would you please relocal thanks.
    12 Team roto Keeper League
    Player: G, A, PPG, PPA, +/-, PTS = 2pts
    Goalie: GGP, W, GAA, SPct, SO = 1 pt

Lineup: 2C, 4W, 4D 2G, 6Farm Players.
    Keep 5/Team; Free Carryovers (under Age24)

C: H.Sedin, Weiss
    W: Ovechkin, D.Sedin, Booth, Voracek
    D: Streit, Suter, McCabe, M.Staal
    G: Bryzgalov, Neimi
    Farm: Leighton, White
    Carry: Connolly, McBain, Kabonov

Addicted to trading....sigh

Dobber Sports Expert

I prefer Sid, but not straight up for the twins.

See if you can get a keeper back with Crosby. A goaltender, for example.
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

Dobber Sports Icon

You would be foolish to trade both twins for Crosby alone. Playing together, the Sedins have a chance to rack up 100+ pts for a good 3-5 years. No point in planning for after that period anyways.

If you had a better supporting cast, I would consider it, but given that you only keep 5 and yor keepers drop off dramatically after your top 3, I wouldn't give them both up for Crosby.

However, if you can get them to toss in another player who would make your keeper selections, I would pull the trigger.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thinking about just keeping the Twins as they should be 100pt players fior the next 3years.
    But Crosby and Ovie sounds soo sweet on 1 team. and he's just entering his prime years now.

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    You would be foolish to trade both twins for Crosby alone. Playing together, the Sedins have a chance to rack up 100+ pts for a good 3-5 years. No point in planning for after that period anyways.

If you had a better supporting cast, I would consider it, but given that you only keep 5 and yor keepers drop off dramatically after your top 3, I wouldn't give them both up for Crosby.

However, if you can get them to toss in another player who would make your keeper selections, I would pull the trigger.

Dobber Sports Pro

I wonder if theres any poolies out there who have owned both Sedins all season, and arent winning there pool??

I'd keep the twins unless he's willing to give you another keeper in the deal.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Giant

in our league the team that owns the twins are in dead last, although thats all they have.
    i own crosby and ovi and im in first.
    coincidence maybe?
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Ninja

This is a keep 5 league - so keeping the best players is the best option here for sure - get Crosby!!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Arrow

The GM is just playing Hard ball. Twins for Crosby or no deal.. not even willing to toss in a draft pick.

I think I should be able to pick up some decent players maybe one protect next season though. I currently hold my 1st round pick, three 2nd round picks and two 3rd rounders.

My guess for next years players tossed back in the draft would be:
    Alfie, Horton, Hejduk, Weber, Robidas, Burns, Erhoff, Howard, Kopecky
    Kesler, Havlat, Rafalski, Gonchar, Ryan Whitney, C.Anderson, Briere
    Zajac, Morrow, Bouwmeester, Franson, Vokoun, Doan, Elias, Hornqvist, Markov
    Ladd, J.Jokinen, Pleckanec, Enstrom, Bryzgalov, Pitkanen, Yandle
    Brodeur, Clowe, Wisnieeski, R.Smyth, Chara, B.Campbell, JM Liles, Justin Williams
    Krejci, Ribeiro, Burrows, Marleau, Sharp, Vanek, Byfuglien, Visnovsky, Quick

Dobber Sports Icon

Normally in such a limited keeper I would say to take Crosby, but I look at who your keepers would be after that and I don't think you could be competitive. After Crosby/Ovie and Streit you are looking at keeping maybe Voracek, Johnson or one of those goalies? Sorry, but to me it doesn't scream competitor even with Crosby and Ovie heading up your team.

While there are some solid players available to draft, Enstrom, Bryz, Howard, Marleau all jump off the page, you can decide to build around guys like that when you land them next year.

I still say to stand pat with the twins over Crosby for now, until you can build up a good solid keeper base.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Genius

Do it Twins will fall back to mediocrity in about 2 or 3 years meanwhile Crosby will be 120+ player for the next 10...you can make up losing a solid forward option no problem if you make a shrewd move or two...easily get Crosby no question...there are always guys like a Chris Stewart etc who come out of nowhere and blow up each year way beyond what was expected just be first one to the punch...keep 5 league suring up Crosby and Ovechkin your stacked up front for the next 10 years no questions asked much better overall than 3 years worth of Sedins...keep Voracek in the extra slot as he very well could hit 70 next season which when coupled with Crosby's 120 is just like both Sedins going 95-95 each...get Crosby as it will never be an option again without Ovechkin going back across and you will without question regret it
    Last edited by MT319; January 12, 2011 at 6:47 AM.

The Wolverine

Multi cat roto league and keep 5, give me Crosby no question. Henrik's value is deflated in such a league that has 2 categories catering to goal scorers. You can pick up a solid LW in the draft next year, but he doesn't need to be a keeper. You have more of a need for a keeper goalie. If Bryzgalov is available in the draft (depending on the owner and 2nd half performance), he would be my first pick.

Accept the deal and you'll be happy for years.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

To me, everyone saying trade the twins for Crosby are a bit silly. Yes it's limited keeper, and yes Crosby is the best player of the 3. But look at the rest of the team. Would you rather keep both Sedins for next year, or would you rather keep Crosby and one of Booth/Voracek/Niemi? I'd rather have the Sedins.

OP, if you're in contention this year, keep Sedins. If you're way way out, move them for Crosby providing you think you can make another 2-for-1 or something to upgrade your last keeper.
    12-team Rotisserie
    G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, FOW
    W, saves, GAA, SV%, SO

2C-
    2LW- Marchand
    2RW- Giroux
    4D- Rielly
    2G- Bishop, Price

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Given the quality of guys that will be available in the draft, take Sid here easy. Who cares if you're forced to keep Voracek/Booth or some such silliness. Your keepers next year could be Ovie, Sid, Voracek, Bryz, Weber....or whoever you manage to draft.

The question is not Sedin, Sedin vs Crosby/Booth
    but
    Sedin, Sedin vs Crosby and whoever you draft.

In a keep 5, that's a great deal.

Dobber Sports Wizard

If you're looking 2-3 years down the road then Crosby is the way to go. He'll be in his mid 20s while the twins begin their decline.

One factor that points to keeping the twins is the fact that you're league has positional requirements. If it was straight forwards, then I would be heavily leaning towards getting Crosby.

The fact that Sedins cover C and RW respectively makes me look at it with more caution.

Personally, I like the Sid side of this by a slight margin. Sid and Ovie on the same team, magic.

Cheers.