Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Merry Christmas Fantasy Advice!

I...am your father.

Default Merry Christmas Fantasy Advice!

Fire away folks! I'll jump on all day and respond to as many as possible.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Fire away folks! I'll jump on all day and respond to as many as possible.
    Hey Dobber,

Merry Christmas to you as well!

Who would you say are the top 3 (or 5) buy low candidates out there right now that have the potential for really big second halves?

Are there any must pickups for the end of the year?

Thanks!
    One year, 9 team, roto

G/A/P/+,-/PPG/PPA/PPP/SHG/GWG/PIM/HITS

GS/W/L/GAA/SV%/SO

Start: C/C/LW/LW/RW/RW/F/W/D/D/D/D/UTIL

C: Henrik Sedin, Mike Ribeiro, John Tavares

LW: Alex Ovechkin, Thomas Vanek, Zach Parise, Simon Gagne

RW: Johan Franzen, Dustin Brown, Steve Downie, Drew Stafford, Matt D'Agostini

D: Shea Weber, John Carlson, Brett Clark, Cam Fowler

G: Henrik Lundquist, Ondrej Pavelec, Corey Crawford

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Don't really have much to ask, but these opportunities are rare so I gotta come up with something haha.

Byfuglien - Does he keep up a relatively good pace and finish with 65+? Where do you rank him as far as other d-men going into next season? Does he replace Keith as the #2 option or does he fall into a lower rank?

Which trade do you like best? Cats: G,A,PIM,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,+/-,GWG,SOG,FO%
    1) Okposo for Brown
    2) Huselius + Okposo for Brown + Bieksa
    3) Prospal + Okposo for Plekanec + Knuble

If Kovalchuk keeps this pace for the rest of the year or doesn't clear 50ish, where do you draft him next year? Does he no longer become first round material?

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Gfunk View Post
    Hey Dobber,

Merry Christmas to you as well!

Who would you say are the top 3 (or 5) buy low candidates out there right now that have the potential for really big second halves?

Are there any must pickups for the end of the year?

Thanks!

San Jose is legendary for their strong second halves. That is to say - Thornton, Marleau, Heatley, Boyle are top buy-low candidates. Also their goaltenders - pick one, and if you get the right one (shrugs shoulders as to which one) you'll get 15 second half wins.

I also like Carter, Steen, Laich, Weiss, Hall, Karlsson, Zajac, Kovalchuk, Tavares and Okposo for big second halves.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Don't really have much to ask, but these opportunities are rare so I gotta come up with something haha.

Byfuglien - Does he keep up a relatively good pace and finish with 65+? Where do you rank him as far as other d-men going into next season? Does he replace Keith as the #2 option or does he fall into a lower rank?

Which trade do you like best? Cats: G,A,PIM,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,+/-,GWG,SOG,FO%
    1) Okposo for Brown
    2) Huselius + Okposo for Brown + Bieksa
    3) Prospal + Okposo for Plekanec + Knuble

If Kovalchuk keeps this pace for the rest of the year or doesn't clear 50ish, where do you draft him next year? Does he no longer become first round material?
    65 seems can't miss for Big Buff. Atlanta's style just seems to play right into his hands. He has to slow down, but I'm penciling him in for 68 or 69

With hits as a category, I like Option 1

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Subban - how long do I have to wait until he produces 45+ points (relatively consistently)?

My defence needs improving (league in signature) and I have the option to package PK Subban with another one of my forwards for Voracek (who I like) and Visnovsky (who I like for the next year or two but I am a little concerned with because ANA relies heavily on him and his history of injuries)

From my signature, which forward would I have to include to make this deal FAIR. The other member is a dobberite and I want to make a deal that works for both of us.

PK Subban + ___________ (fwd from signature)
    FOR
    Visnovsky + Voracek

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Hey Dobbs,

Thanks for being an awesome resource for hockey fans and poolies! I'm reluctant to share your site with the youngbloods in my keeper league who ask me for some good fantasy resources.

I'm just wondering if you can give me some advice on how I can gain some ground in the standings. I fluctuate between 2-3rd place. I am almost dead last in the PPG and SHG categories but am at or near the top for most others. If I get even one SHG I will certainly gain big points so they are definitely the rarest.

Aside from a quick visual audit of my team, any body that you recommend me moving/trading etc? This is a keep 10 pool.

Cheers

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    Subban - how long do I have to wait until he produces 45+ points (relatively consistently)?

My defence needs improving (league in signature) and I have the option to package PK Subban with another one of my forwards for Voracek (who I like) and Visnovsky (who I like for the next year or two but I am a little concerned with because ANA relies heavily on him and his history of injuries)

From my signature, which forward would I have to include to make this deal FAIR. The other member is a dobberite and I want to make a deal that works for both of us.

PK Subban + ___________ (fwd from signature)
    FOR
    Visnovsky + Voracek

Pominville and a middle draft pick.

I know Subban is getting scratched, but I still think he'll top 40 points this year. The tools are there. The NHL readiness is there. But the coach is trying to rein him in a little. A switch is going to flipped at some point - next week? Next month? - and when that happens I think he'll rattle off dizzying numbers.
    Visnovsky is a proven d-man, but he gets hurt too much for my liking, so to get JV for Pommer as the other half of this deal evens it up.

Dobber Sports Star

Merry Christmas Dob's thanks for the site.
    Your Right this time lol Varly looks to be sitting for a while.

Dobber Sports Stud

I am debating 2 deals for the salary cap league in my sig.

deal 1 - my lundqvist, brouwer, and grabner for Getzlaf, J Bernier, and Monster

deal 2 - My rinne, vanek, clarkson, and 1st in 2012 for OV

I dont think I can do the 2nd deal until I have another goalie.

oh.. another one.. voracek for C schneider and a 1st in 2011 (likely top 5 pick)
    14 team Fantrax H2H keeper league
    G, A, P, SOG, Hits, Blocks, FOW, - W, Gaa, Sv%, Svs

C - Crosby, Tavares, Kopitar, Toews
    LW - Hall, Giroux(C), Vrana, Gaudreau
    RW - Pastrnak, Kane, Stamkos(C), Kubalik
    D - Burns, Murphy, Morrisey, Cernak, Whitecloud, Chiarot
    G - Mrazek, Campbell, Brossoit, Greiss
    Bench - Middlestat, Wennberg, Perron, Olofsson, Schwartz, Atkinson, Yama

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by 403GL View Post
    Hey Dobbs,

Thanks for being an awesome resource for hockey fans and poolies! I'm reluctant to share your site with the youngbloods in my keeper league who ask me for some good fantasy resources.

I'm just wondering if you can give me some advice on how I can gain some ground in the standings. I fluctuate between 2-3rd place. I am almost dead last in the PPG and SHG categories but am at or near the top for most others. If I get even one SHG I will certainly gain big points so they are definitely the rarest.

Aside from a quick visual audit of my team, any body that you recommend me moving/trading etc? This is a keep 10 pool.

Cheers

What would it take to land Josh Bailey? Waivers? A trade? Kick tires and see what the cost is. All you need is to keep him active for three or four weeks until he gets you another SH goal (or two, if you're lucky). He'll get some SHG within a couple of months, plus I think he'll be a lot more consistent going forward.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by golfguy1672 View Post
    I am debating 2 deals for the salary cap league in my sig.

deal 1 - my lundqvist, brouwer, and grabner for Getzlaf, J Bernier, and Monster

deal 2 - My rinne, vanek, clarkson, and 1st in 2012 for OV

I dont think I can do the 2nd deal until I have another goalie.

oh.. another one.. voracek for C schneider and a 1st in 2011 (likely top 5 pick)
    I like those last two deals a lot. Who cares about another goalie if you land OV, trade for one later!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    What would it take to land Josh Bailey? Waivers? A trade? Kick tires and see what the cost is. All you need is to keep him active for three or four weeks until he gets you another SH goal (or two, if you're lucky). He'll get some SHG within a couple of months, plus I think he'll be a lot more consistent going forward.
    Bailey? Just plucked him off waivers.

thanks Dobbs and Merry Christmas to you and the crew!

Dobber Sports Stud

so dont like the lundy deal?
    14 team Fantrax H2H keeper league
    G, A, P, SOG, Hits, Blocks, FOW, - W, Gaa, Sv%, Svs

C - Crosby, Tavares, Kopitar, Toews
    LW - Hall, Giroux(C), Vrana, Gaudreau
    RW - Pastrnak, Kane, Stamkos(C), Kubalik
    D - Burns, Murphy, Morrisey, Cernak, Whitecloud, Chiarot
    G - Mrazek, Campbell, Brossoit, Greiss
    Bench - Middlestat, Wennberg, Perron, Olofsson, Schwartz, Atkinson, Yama

Dobber Sports Recruit

Merry Christmas Dobbs,

1 year league all stats are counted. I have to make room for Hossa coming off the IR, would you drop Clarkson or Stralman. Considering my RW now is Carter, Cleary, Little and Clarkson and my D is Green, Doughty, Gonchar, Suter and Stralman. I'm torn, I feel like both of them could have a decent 2nd half.