Thread: Chad Denny

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Chad Denny

Chad Denny is a defenseman who plays in the QMJHL with the Lewiston Maineiacs. He is 6\'3\" 227 lbs and was drafted by the Atlanta Thrashers in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft, in the 2nd round, 49th Overall. His stats for the 2006-2007 Season were 59GP-17G-48A-65PTS-89PIMS and in the Playoffs his stats were 17GP-10G-9A-19PTS. He helped lead the Lewiston Maineiacs to the QMJHL Championship and will be playing in the Memorial Cup. He is a hard hitting defenseman who can produce offensively, while also being solid defensively. Not afraid to take off the gloves, this southpaw has yet to lose a fight and has been said to have among the hardest shots in the CHL. He is exactly the type of player who is valuable to a team in the \'new\' NHL, one that can contribute to his team, while also having the ability to drop the gloves if need be.

With the Thrashers needing help on D, look for Denny to make an impact possibly in 07-08, but most certainly in the years to come. I would have posted this sooner, but waited until I drafted him in all of my fantasy teams. :whistle: .

Any insights, Bugg or Dobber?

Post edited by: Nehithaw, at: 2007/05/18 07:31
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

I...am your father.

Default Re:Chad Denny

He looks like he\'ll be an NHLer, but he won\'t make the team this year. I think Popovic and Oystrick will.

Also, I recently finished profiling the Atlanta Thrashers for the Score Forecaster magazine and Denny was not one of the prospects they listed as a guy they wanted profiled. And they\'re pretty extensive with their list.

Keep in mind that he is an overager this year. He\'s playing with kids that are still growing.

This time next year let\'s readdress, after he\'s had a year in the AHL under his belt.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re:Chad Denny

Dobber wrote:
    He looks like he\'ll be an NHLer, but he won\'t make the team this year. I think Popovic and Oystrick will.

Also, I recently finished profiling the Atlanta Thrashers for the Score Forecaster magazine and Denny was not one of the prospects they listed as a guy they wanted profiled. And they\'re pretty extensive with their list.

Keep in mind that he is an overager this year. He\'s playing with kids that are still growing.

This time next year let\'s readdress, after he\'s had a year in the AHL under his belt.
    Technically you\'re right, he turned 20 on MAR 27, BUT he started and played most of the season as a 19 year old. He also produced 19 goals last season, so still pretty darn good totals for a player who started the year as an 18 year old (last season). He probably won\'t make the team until next year, but personally, I wouldn\'t count him out

Post edited by: Nehithaw, at: 2007/05/18 12:37
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,