Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nabokov Yahoo status ruling

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

As people are saying, He will not be in yahoo till if and when he signs with an NHL team which then he will appear on waivers.

As for the guy in your league getting first crack. If he kept a different player in place of Nabokov then it's too bad for him (even though he wanted to keep Nabokov). If he wasted a keeper spot on him then dropped him after finding out he was going to the KHL and had an empty keeper spot, I say give him the first crack. Otherwise, first on the waiver should be the one.
    H2H 12 Team/12 Keeper League. Cats: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, HITS, BS, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SO, Saves

C - Crosby, Malkin, Backstrom
    LW - Gaudreau, Parise, E. Kane, Jenner (C), Panik (RW)
    RW - MacKinnon (C), Ehlers (LW), Komorov (C), Shaw (C), Vrbata
    D - Karlsson, Ekman-Larsson, Subban, Gostisbehere, Gudas, Klefbom
    G- Holtby, Bishop, Hellebuyck, Vasilevskiy

Farm - Aho, Eriksson-Ek, Schmaltz, Kaprisov, Theodore, Zaietsev, Sorokin, Stolarz

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by repenttokyo View Post
    i kept radulov for two years after he left for the khl - despite him not being on yahoo as an active player. if he wanted to keep nabokov, he should have bitten the bullet and done it and lost the roster spot, like i did with rads. otherwise, tough.

Yahoo had Radulov listed until this year with a NA. I picked him up at the end of last year and considered keeping him until he signed his extension. He then disappeared from the league.
    14 team H2H keeper. 8 keepers + 2 players with less than 100 NHL games.
    C,C,LW,LW,RW,RW,D,D,D,D, UTIL, F,W, G,G,G, BN,BN,BN,BN. Min 4 goalie appearances/wk

G,A,P,+/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, L, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C - Crosby, Kessler, J. Benn, O'Reilly, Perreault
    LW - Ennis, Beleskey, Glencross, Hartnell
    RW - Vrbata, Tarasenko, Wheeler,
    D - Josi, Streit, Klingberg, Garrison
    G - Price, Fleury, Greiss, Tokarski, Brodeur

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I think if a team wanted to hold on to him but couldn't because he was no longer in the database, that team should have first go at him this time around.
    Disagree.

If you want to be in a fantasy league that allows for managers to keep/own players who aren't listed in the system, yahoo isn't for you. If everyone in the league deals with (and accepts) the short comings of the system you're in, then you can't really make an exception for this guy.

It isn't anything about you or him... it's the system that hosed him. Sometimes you just have to accept that sometimes the system screws you. If you're not willing to deal with that... you should switch to a new system.

I think this guy will understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by repenttokyo View Post
    i kept radulov for two years after he left for the khl - despite him not being on yahoo as an active player. if he wanted to keep nabokov, he should have bitten the bullet and done it and lost the roster spot, like i did with rads. otherwise, tough.
    I imagine that you discussed with your league this way of keeping the rights to the player...

you didn't retroactively try to make a claim once conditions changed (claiming that you had some sort of ownership rights).

If this guy had worked out a way to keep nabby, maybe I'd see where the original poster is coming from... but if nothing was agreed upon... I say that he just goes into waivers like everyone else.
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Very similar situation in a keeper league where I am the commish.

Upon hearing that Nabby was coming back, he messaged me saying that he should be the one to get him. His reasoning was that he drafted him in the inagural draft with his 2nd pick and was basing his team on goaltending. He also argued that he should have gotten a compensation pick because Nabokov left... that's another story but to make matters short, the league could not justify it

After consulting with a couple other GMs, we saw in no way how it would be fair that he gets first crack at Nabby because he was not kept. If he used one of his 6 keeper spots and went a man short on his roster then we would be okay with it. However, he kept Rinne in his place. We decided it would not be fair to allow him to essentially have 7 keepers.

We looked at it from every angle we could think of. One GM suggested that he would have to drop one of his keepers for him. The problem with this is that the GM with 1st Waiver will essentially get a free keeper caliber player.

All in all, it has become a touchy subject with the GM who thinks he deserves Nabokov back. Our league decided that the Nabby should be regarded as a free agent and must clear through waivers upon his potential return. It was a cruddy deal that Nabokov left for the KHL. The GMs I spoke with felt it was no different from players like Jagr, Radulov or even retirees like Sakic and Sundin. If those players should ever return, the GMs who owned them would not exspect first dibs on them.

Hope this helps.

C: Taveras, Malkin(RW),
    LW: Ovechkin, Lupul, Semin, Whitney
    RW. Wheeler, Parenteau, Jagr
    D: Letang, Keith
    G: Crawford, Niemi, Lehtonen, Emery

Points League C LW RW F F F D D D G G 5Bench
    G(3) A(2) P(1) PPP(1) PIM(0.5) GWG (2) SHG(2)
    W(4) GA(-1) SV(0.2) SO(4)

Dobber Sports Expert

My 2 cents worth. If the GM kept a roster spot open(went down a roster spot) and your league discussed beforehand that this spot was in reservation for Nabby if he came back than that is just. However as you have stated, he was benefitting by having another proven goalie in Rinne, so really he should be up on waiver priority. If he was committed enough to wanting Nabby or expecting his return and he wanted fair dibs, he should've kept a roster spot opened and clarified with the league of his intentions.
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Jer Bu View Post
    As long as that GM made it clear he wanted to keep him, AND didn't benefit from not keeping him (for example, in my league I received a chunk of valuable cap space back when he went to Russia) then he should have first dibs.
    I agree......

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by golfguy1672 View Post
    He will get added when he signs.

He will be on waivers when he is added.
    I know this is the biggest question in my league. At the moment it is unknown how he will be added. Will it be a free for all when yahoo adds him because he will simply be listed as a FA, so whoever happens to look for him first gets him. Or will yahoo actually put him on waivers because he was not in the system, so the top waiver guy can get him. I know I have the 1st waiver claim and hope he is on waivers. Add to that the fact that I have Howard and Anderson, he would be sort of important if landing in Detroit. If he is just a FA, it just seems bogus, so in my mind he has to go on waivers, but does anyone really know the answer.

Do we have any real confirmation about how this sort of situation will be handled?

The Wolverine

When MA Bergeron was added, he was placed on waivers. I would expect the same with Nabokov.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    When MA Bergeron was added, he was placed on waivers. I would expect the same with Nabokov.
    Yeah that's how it's going to work, unless there's no waiver time in your league.

Dobber Sports Novice

awesome, this is great news. Because it is something that you dont really see, it was a mystery how it will be handled. i guess I cant wait to add him...I wonder where he will truly end up.

Funny thing I did read is that if claimed, he can actually refuse to report to the team if he wants and then just sign for next year.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by smakovits View Post
    I know this is the biggest question in my league. At the moment it is unknown how he will be added. Will it be a free for all when yahoo adds him because he will simply be listed as a FA, so whoever happens to look for him first gets him. Or will yahoo actually put him on waivers because he was not in the system, so the top waiver guy can get him. I know I have the 1st waiver claim and hope he is on waivers. Add to that the fact that I have Howard and Anderson, he would be sort of important if landing in Detroit. If he is just a FA, it just seems bogus, so in my mind he has to go on waivers, but does anyone really know the answer.

Do we have any real confirmation about how this sort of situation will be handled?
    In another post I asked the same question, and it turns out it depends on how your Yahoo league is set up.

Look under "Players" then under "NHL Roster Changes" - you'll see who was added. You should see Jordan White - G - SJS added.

Someone here in Dobber land told me more than likely if he is on the waiver hold period - then Nabakov will be as well. If he's in a free for all - then watch out for Nabakov.
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SHP,GWG,H,BS,W,SV%,SA,SO
    12 Man H2H Salary Keeper League
    C - S.Crosby/S.Monahan/G.Landeskog(lw)/W.Karlsson
    LW- T.Hall/B.Rust(lw)/N.Hoglander
    RW - J.Guentzel(lw)/ T.Tatar(lw)/J.Pulujaarvi/K.Kapanen(lw)
    D - B.Burns/E.Karlsson/M.Heiskanen/J.Carlson
    G - I.Sorokin/I.Shesterkin/T.Demko/C.Peterson/C.Talbot
    Farm - C.Primeau/P.Kochetov/C.Caufield/E.Svechnikov

Dobber Sports Novice

I can confirm that Jordan White is on waivers, so I hope the same holds true for Nabokov.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Chico Resch View Post
    In another post I asked the same question, and it turns out it depends on how your Yahoo league is set up.

Look under "Players" then under "NHL Roster Changes" - you'll see who was added. You should see Jordan White - G - SJS added.

Someone here in Dobber land told me more than likely if he is on the waiver hold period - then Nabakov will be as well. If he's in a free for all - then watch out for Nabakov.
    Actually I think it was me that said it depended on your league settings, but I would like to correct myself.

My league is set to allow all players to go to Free Agency after the draft instead of to waivers.
    However, when I just checked on Jordan White I see that he is placed on waivers. So it really doesn't matter what your league setting are. Nabby will be placed on waivers for at least a day.

Good luck grabbing him.
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 93213 View Post
    Actually I think it was me that said it depended on your league settings, but I would like to correct myself.

My league is set to allow all players to go to Free Agency after the draft instead of to waivers.
    However, when I just checked on Jordan White I see that he is placed on waivers. So it really doesn't matter what your league setting are. Nabby will be placed on waivers for at least a day.

Good luck grabbing him.
    No. It depends on the league settings. Check your league settings and see what it says about Waiver time. If it's says no waivers then Nabokov will hit free agency as soon as Yahoo adds him. If it says 2 days then he'll be on waivers 2 days from the moment Yahoo adds him.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    No. It depends on the league settings. Check your league settings and see what it says about Waiver time. If it's says no waivers then Nabokov will hit free agency as soon as Yahoo adds him. If it says 2 days then he'll be on waivers 2 days from the moment Yahoo adds him.
    Okay that makes sense.
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50