Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Memorial Cup 2007

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re:Memorial Cup 2007

Congrats to the Vancouver Giants!!! There really isn\'t much to choose from between those two teams though. They could play another 9 games and it would likely be still tied.
    GWNHL Fantasy Cup Champs 06-07

Dobber Sports Stud

It was a great game. I am happy for the Giants but am also disappointed for MH. Both are such class organizations. I was disappointed to see the Giants get into the Memorial Cup through the \'back door\'. Winning the Memorial Cup by beating the team that beat them in the WHL Championship seems to make winning the Cup via the \'back door\' more acceptable. This is such a great tournament. It is my second and it never disappoints. Outstanding hockey.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

What a tourney. Vancouver put on a great show... Man if that would have went into OT, I would have been 100% right... Ahwell. So where does this leave Fransen and Russell??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Stud

I consider that Franson will be back with the Giants. He will be in Nashville\'s camp but they have so much depth in the defence corps. They won\'t rush Franson. In the future, he will look good alongside of Weber and Hamhuis. Good WHL boys.

Russell will be in Columbus camp. They need the pp quarterback. He will get his opportunity to show in the pre-season. How he does will identify whether he is in the NHL or the AHL. I think size is still an issue for him but he sure is good.

Dobber Sports Stud

I\'m with Hockeylifer to a point, though I would not be surprised to see Franson in Milwaukee (AHL) either. Agreed, Nashville has no reason to rush him... and if one takes Radulov as any indicator, it\'s also not their style.

That being said, the sale of the team will probably speed up his timeline to make it to the NHL. They\'ve going to have a very hard time signing UFA\'s for a couple of years, with all the questions surrounding the team\'s future.

Russell will get his shot, and I would not be at all surprised to see him earn a spot on the CBJ roster. Most likely though, he\'ll spend some time in Syracuse, and be called back up for good midway through the season.
    T.G.