Thread: Long Term Decision

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Long Term Decision

My current Goalies:

Steve Mason
    Craig Anderson
    Ondrej Pavelec

I'm looking to move one of the 3 at some point this season (can only keep 2) either at the deadline or sooner to strenghten my wing or defence positions. Just hoping to hear opinions on who I should hang onto.

My views:
    -Pavelec is on fire right now, should I deal the hot hand or is this his true potential showing?
    -Mason has been a roller coaster... He's been playing decently lately, is now time to move him or is he slowly starting to correct the ship?
    -Anderson was rock solid last year, can I count on him to coutinue as a solid tender?

My team completed it's rebuilding phase last season and is contending this year. Team and league info are in my signature, any replys will be much appreciated.
    18 Team Keeper, H2H, Daily, 10 Keepers/Season
    G,A,P,+/-,PIM,PPP,GWG,W,GAA,SV%,SHO
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G

C - Stamkos, Giroux, Tavares, Ribeiro,
    LW - Booth, Chimera, Ruutu, Thornton
    RW - Hudler, Hemsky, Alfredsson, McDonald
    D - Edler, Carle, Visnovsky, Kuba, Faulk, Orlov
    G - Pavelec, Ward

The King of Diatribes

I think Pavelec has proved this season he's an elite goalie. You never know what kind of streaks he'll run into, but the POTENTIAL is clear - he's a keeper.

Between Mason and Anderson I would still hang on to Mason. He still has tons of upside and the more he plays with Garon, the more he's learning the mental toughness aspects of the position.

I don't get good vibes from Anderson right now. He's too ambitious to get back into the lineup (of course he should be) but read-and-react goalies that rely on their flexibility and reflexes to make saves usually go through stretches of nagging groin issues, or their timing isn't very good.

Anderson will stop a lot of pucks, don't get me wrong, but I just don't know what to expect with Anderson and contract issues heading into the summer. I could see both sides being quite stubborn.

You could probably net a really nice return for Anderson if there's a manager looking for a dude that will post a solid save percentage. But I was right about his "not-as-good" october this year compared to last and I think that's going to extend throughout the season.

I'd keep Pavs and Mase for sure!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks, exactly the breakdown I was looking for.
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G

G - Pavelec, Ward

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Resurrecting this thread just to see if anything has changed. Need to keep 2 goalies out of the following:

S. Mason
    Anderson
    Pavelec

Just curious to see if Mason and Pavelec remain the best choice as keepers. Anderson really had a great run at the end of the season in Ottawa. Then Pavelec (and the Thrashers in general) kinda tailed off at the end of the season. I guess the choice comes down to Pavelec or Anderson. Thanks for your response.
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G

G - Pavelec, Ward

The Magnificent One

i like mason and anderson here.

mason to me is a wildcard but worth protecting. if he can bounce back to his 2 yrs ago playing look out. and anderson is the clear #1. bad team but not a bad goalie overall.

my issue with pavelec is his injury history. until this year he was injured alot. so i wouldnt forget about that just yet.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I am leaning towards Mason and Anderson for the same reasons.
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G

G - Pavelec, Ward