Thread: Ryan vs Hall

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Ryan vs Hall

Points only no positional requirements, who would you rather own in two years Bobby Ryan or Taylor Hall? How wide is the margin?

Dobber Sports Padawan

This is an interesting post. I really like both going forward but I guess it depends on where your team stands now. I could see Ryan hitting the 70-75pts plateau next year where as I think Hall will step up to 65pts next year. They will likely be within 10pts of each over the next two seasons and I think Hall will bust out and be the "star" everyone thinks he is going to be. So with that said I it really depends on what you're expecting from the rest of your team over the next few years. I currently have Hall in a pts only league (team 1 in sig) and I would trade him straight up for Ryan but my team is built to win over the next few years. If I was in a complete rebuild (or even a partial one for that matter) I would go with the higher upside in Hall.

Goodluck!
    10-team Auction League, $160 team salary, weekly H2H, start: 6F, 4D, 1G and 5 Bench

Scoring structure: (F : 1pt G / 1pt A / 0.15pts SOG / 0.15pts Hits / 0.15pts BlkS), (G : 5 pts W / 3 pts SO / 0.01 pts Saves)

Forwards : Ovechkin ($43), Kessel ($20), Benn ($7), Spezza ($13), Brown ($7), Marchand ($13), Landeskog ($3), Elias ($1), Plekanec ($1),

Defenses : Letang ($26), Visnovsky ($1), Bieksa ($1), Faulk ($2) Ehrhoff ($2)

Goalies : Holtby ($7), Nabokov ($2)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

2 year window I like Ryan as he has a couple seasons under the belt and he is skating with Perry/Getzlaf. Anything after 2 years I would probably lean towards Hall. As for margins I believe Ryan will flirt with 80-90 pt seasons and Hall has the potential to hit 90-100.
    12 GM Weekly H2H Points Based System Limited Keeper
    Start:6 FW, 4 D, 2 G
    +/- G=5pts A=3pts SOG=.2pt SHG=3pts Hattrick=5pts GA=-1pt S=.2pt SHOL=3pts SO=3pts W=10pts *Bonus point added to defenseman G or A

FW-Stamkos, Voracek, D.Sedin, H.Sedin, MacKinnon, Duchene
    D-Doughty, Carlson, Josi, Klingberg
    G-Rask, Price
    Bench-Henrique, Stastny, Yakupov, Zuccarello, Sekera, Gostisbehere, Beauchemin, Gustavsson, Condon, Hellebuyck, Vasilevskiy
    Keep 10(max 2 goalies)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Short term, Ryan. Long term, Hall.
    12-Team One-Year League Rotisserie
    G A +/- PPP SOG HIT W GAA SV% SHO
    Daily Start 2C 2LW 2RW 4D 2G
    The Maroons
    The Wanderers

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm asking because I own Ryan now and could possibly trade him for Hall this season. I am out of the running for this year and I will be in a semi-rebuild next year. 2012-2013 is the season that really matters to me, I will be fully aiming to win that year. That's why I"m just kind of wondering where people think each guy will be at around that point. I know its a little far into the future to make accurate predictions but I appreciate your responses guys.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy D Monkey View Post
    I'm asking because I own Ryan now and could possibly trade him for Hall this season. I am out of the running for this year and I will be in a semi-rebuild next year. 2012-2013 is the season that really matters to me, I will be fully aiming to win that year. That's why I"m just kind of wondering where people think each guy will be at around that point. I know its a little far into the future to make accurate predictions but I appreciate your responses guys.
    Id try and get more then Hall if I can. Though I like Hall better longterm, Ryan is still very young and showing his wares. Take advantage of that. Be it a top pick or prospect added to deal.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Give me Ryan call me a sucker but I like a guy that has shown what he can do at this level and who continues to progess. Plus I am not a fan of Hall and I just dont see the 100 point potential in him like others do. I keep Ryan!