Page 80 of 86 FirstFirst ... 30 70 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1276

Thread: Detroit Red Wings

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Detroit Red Wings

Wings posted their Traverse City tournament prospect roster.
    Their recent 1st and 2nd rounders highlight the list.
    Includes: Nate Danielson, Kasper, Mazur, Hanas, Lombardi, Soderblom, Wallinder, Tuomisto, and Cossa are on the list.
    https://twitter.com/DetroitRedWings/...72155064422713

Schedule:
    Thursday, September 14th
    3:30 p.m. Columbus vs. Toronto
    6:30 p.m. Detroit vs. Dallas

Friday, September 15th
    6:30 p.m. Dallas vs. Toronto

Saturday, September 16th
    3:30 p.m. Detroit vs. Columbus

Sunday, September 17th
    11:00 a.m. Columbus vs. Dallas
    2:00 p.m. Toronto vs. Detroit

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    with 2 WIngs on my squad now, im kind of curious about this team. always seem to be in the convo with OTT and BUF as the next ones..
    Most experts would have them ranked behind Buffalo (obviously) and Ottawa. Detroit's problem is they don't have prospects with a lot of elite upside and they won't be drafting high as they are becoming a playoff contender. They really need Seider and Raymond to be stars and one or two of their other prospects to far exceed their projected ceiling.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Most experts would have them ranked behind Buffalo (obviously) and Ottawa. Detroit's problem is they don't have prospects with a lot of elite upside and they won't be drafting high as they are becoming a playoff contender. They really need Seider and Raymond to be stars and one or two of their other prospects to far exceed their projected ceiling.
    i agree they are behind these tow, but always in the same convo. im excited to see what ADBcat can bring. i've always liked Husso and feel hes gonna be solid again.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Deity

Are Wings fans starting to wonder about the Yzer-plan yet?

He was so good at drafting and finding mid round gems in TB. He's finding 1st round talent but not much outside that in DET so far, and his FA signings have been, shall we say, questionable?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post

He was so good at drafting and finding mid round gems in TB. He's finding 1st round talent but not much outside that in DET so far, and his FA signings have been, shall we say, questionable?

Not a Wings fan but my thoughts - for sure he hasn’t been perfect, but i think most signings have been ok. Petry was a no-brainer at that AAV and the feel good story. Ghost was interesting, also not a bad signing. Chiarot has turned out bad and was definitely a questionable bet at the time. Compher I like even though it’s 2 years too long and maybe $500k to $1m too pricey. I like Copp and Perron fit. And Debrincat is home run. Who am I missing?

He’s got some good young pieces in Raymond, Berggren and Wallman with Edvinsson coming.

I think the Wings are in tough cause of the sick division they’re in, but overall i’ve liked the direction he’s forged there. All the above plus he signed Larkin at a reasonable deal.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Not a Wings fan but my thoughts - for sure he hasn’t been perfect, but i think most signings have been ok. Petry was a no-brainer at that AAV and the feel good story. Ghost was interesting, also not a bad signing. Chiarot has turned out bad and was definitely a questionable bet at the time. Compher I like even though it’s 2 years too long and maybe $500k to $1m too pricey. I like Copp and Perron fit. And Debrincat is home run. Who am I missing?

He’s got some good young pieces in Raymond, Berggren and Wallman with Edvinsson coming.

I think the Wings are in tough cause of the sick division they’re in, but overall i’ve liked the direction he’s forged there. All the above plus he signed Larkin at a reasonable deal.
    Justin Holl?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Justin Holl?
    Oh right! Yeah not sure about that one. That said, much like Sandin, I wouldn’t be shocked if the move revitalizes him and he turns out not to be quite as terrible as Leafs fanbase have made him out to be.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Sage

Wouldn't call myself a Red Wings fan either but I follow them relatively closely. I definitely am wondering about Yzerman's plan. Looks like he is building a playoff team that doesn't have a dominant enough core to truly contend. Holl, Compher, Copp, Chariot- not very impressed with those signings. I understand signing veterans to help the younger players along but every FA contract seems to be an overpay.
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Stud

Still have faith in the plan... but yes, I also see a few red flags.

Agree with Ross that signings are decent (albeit uninspiring) and landing Cat was a boon. Holl (which was pre-Petry) will help shelter Mo from tough PK minutes all the time.

Agree with Daydream too though that we're trending into NYI territory a bit with the core not looking skilled enough... though I wouldn't have said that a year ago.

Losing Vrana and Zadina (and even Ned) worries me because high-skill guys and NHL-level goaltending are usually the hardest pieces to find. Those often come through the draft (high-skill anyways) and we're exiting the bottom-feeder stage where we'd be more likely to get one.

The Z one in particular frustrates me - although I realize it wasn't fully in Stevie's control - but it'd be like burying Raymond because he had a sophomore slump last season to the point where he wants to leave.

Add on that with the cap opening up in the coming years, the ability to continue weaponizing that cap space is going to be less valuable/likely with other teams not being quite as crunched...

So we're (theoretically) exiting the stage of high-picks and cap-space advantages - and I'm not sure we've accrued the talent-level (core-wise) to give us a sustained run.

TL;DR
    Still have faith in the Yzer-plan. Also have some concerns. Going to need an unexpected gem from these past few drafts to emerge to fill some of the talent-gap moving forward.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Initiate

It's a bit of a meme - "the Yzerplan". He seems to be a good-very good GM and I believe he's made mostly the right moves at the right time. The Holl signing is insignificant in the end. It won't move the needle either way, they won't contend during his contract and we'll see if he can be of some use the next couple of years, or not. In retrospect, one more tank season would've been better, but I'm not sure it's possible to do or to predict, so it is what it is.

The lack of high end talent is the overall issue, but I don't see how Yzerman should've fixed that. Drafting better with the draft picks he had? He's done a decent job so far, not great, but not bad either. The biggest miss as it seems, was moving up to draft Cossa instead of Wallstedt, but it's goalies and a few years to early to say anything definitive. Just doesn't look like a good move now.

Overall, it's concerning. They should contend for a playoff spot in a year or two, but they may very well be behind Buffalo, Ottawa and Columbus at that point, with little chance of passing them. Is it the fault of Yzerman? not in my opinion. There are 32 teams and you need some luck and good opportunities to succeed.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by loppantorkel View Post
    It's a bit of a meme - "the Yzerplan". He seems to be a good-very good GM and I believe he's made mostly the right moves at the right time. The Holl signing is insignificant in the end. It won't move the needle either way, they won't contend during his contract and we'll see if he can be of some use the next couple of years, or not. In retrospect, one more tank season would've been better, but I'm not sure it's possible to do or to predict, so it is what it is.

The lack of high end talent is the overall issue, but I don't see how Yzerman should've fixed that. Drafting better with the draft picks he had? He's done a decent job so far, not great, but not bad either. The biggest miss as it seems, was moving up to draft Cossa instead of Wallstedt, but it's goalies and a few years to early to say anything definitive. Just doesn't look like a good move now.

Overall, it's concerning. They should contend for a playoff spot in a year or two, but they may very well be behind Buffalo, Ottawa and Columbus at that point, with little chance of passing them. Is it the fault of Yzerman? not in my opinion. There are 32 teams and you need some luck and good opportunities to succeed.
    Wings will look much better in a year when they acquire Pettersson.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Wings will look much better in a year when they acquire Pettersson.
    True, that would change a lot. Seems more like a Vancouver nightmare scenario than something likely to happen though.

Things would look even bleaker without draft winners like Seider.

edit: of course a bit funny how the Detroit - Cossa, Dallas - Wyatt Johnston got switched around. Johnston on Detroit would have been nice.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Wings lines at practice today... Take it for what you will....

DeBrincat Larkin Rasmussen
    Perron Compher Raymond
    Fabbri Copp Sprong
    Kostin Veleno Fischer

Walman Seider
    Chiarot Petry
    Määttä Gostisbehere
    Edvinsson Holl

Black jerseys: Berggren, Danielson, Elmer

Power plays

Seider
    DeBrincat Larkin Gostisbehere
    Perron

Petry
    Sprong Compher Raymond
    Fabbri

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Wings lines at practice today... Take it for what you will....

DeBrincat Larkin Rasmussen
    Perron Compher Raymond
    Fabbri Copp Sprong
    Kostin Veleno Fischer

Walman Seider
    Chiarot Petry
    Määttä Gostisbehere
    Edvinsson Holl

Black jerseys: Berggren, Danielson, Elmer

Power plays

Seider
    DeBrincat Larkin Gostisbehere
    Perron

Petry
    Sprong Compher Raymond
    Fabbri
    Not great for Raymond. 2 D on PP1?

The Great One

Not great for Raymond. 2 D on PP1?
    It’s ok. Rataylor says no teams will do that so problem solved.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch