Page 89 of 371 FirstFirst ... 39 79 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 99 139 189 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 5551

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Banned

YAYYYYYYY, we finally played a team worse than us!

YAYYY

lmao...

get a grip...this is not a good team

Dobber Sports Ninja

Lmaoooo...Devils = the worst.

Dobber Sports Sage

It was too good to be true lol

On the bright side, I was only hit with a -2 on that SHGA.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Ninja

Theeeere we go. That's the Oilers I know

Dobber Sports Ninja

Was that ever an ugly 2 points. I tell ya though, Nugent-Hopkins is such a fantastic hockey player. I'd take him over anyone else on that roster easily.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Was that ever an ugly 2 points. I tell ya though, Nugent-Hopkins is such a fantastic hockey player. I'd take him over anyone else on that roster easily.
    Yeah he was great all game long. Such a smart player. 28+ minutes too. Incredible in his first game back.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Stud

Wow. I have Perron and Schneider. That game could not have turned out any better for me.

Management bringing in Gordon and Ference was a great move btw. Gritty D who plays well positionally, and knows what it's like to win. Gordon's great on faceoffs and can provide a better 3rd line presence than Horcoff could for the last few years. A legit top 4 Dman, a #1 G (Ryan Miller definitely comes to mind since he's FA after this season), and some Boston-like 4th liners for good measure, are the only things remaining for Edmonton to be a real serious contender.
    Last edited by LakeSoup; October 8, 2013 at 12:30 AM.
    ------------OLD------------
    15 Team Yahoo Rotisserie (1YR)
    Max Games Played
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 4BN
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C: Giroux, Stastny, Fisher
    LW: Benn, Hall, Lucic, Hartnell
    RW: Stamkos, Hossa, Stafford
    D: Karlsson, Byfuglien, Brodie, Borowiecki, Pouliot
    G: Elliott, Allen, Dubnyk, Stalock
    IR: P. Kane

Notable Trades:
    Khudobin -> Hartnell (Oct 12)
    Ehrhoff -> Lupul (Nov 12)
    Greiss -> Hossa (Nov 21)
    Forsberg, Kucherov, Stalock -> Stamkos (Dec 20)
    Varlamov -> Lucic (Jan 20)
    E. Staal -> Byfuglien (Jan 20)
    Halak, Perreault -> Benn (Feb 10)

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by grendel View Post
    YAYYYYYYY, we finally played a team worse than us!

YAYYY

lmao...

get a grip...this is not a good team
    Who is this angry fellow?

Don't be so mad..................

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by MolsonX View Post
    Who is this angry fellow?

Don't be so mad..................
    Grendel's day job is fighting the care bears.

Dobber Sports Wizard

LOLOL. Fair enough.

Fighting care bears is a tough job, no wonder he's so angry.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LakeSoup View Post
    Wow. I have Perron and Schneider. That game could not have turned out any better for me.

Management bringing in Gordon and Ference was a great move btw. Gritty D who plays well positionally, and knows what it's like to win. Gordon's great on faceoffs and can provide a better 3rd line presence than Horcoff could for the last few years. A legit top 4 Dman, a #1 G (Ryan Miller definitely comes to mind since he's FA after this season), and some Boston-like 4th liners for good measure, are the only things remaining for Edmonton to be a real serious contender.
    Make that a #1 D, a couple top 4 D, and about 6 bottom 6ers

Dobber Sports Padawan

I find it funny to read all the doom and gloom around the Oilers on this forum. We're only 3 games into this season and people are talking like the whole season is a write-off already!

I'm certainly not oblivious to the problems they currently have, but people have to relax a little. Let's see where they are 1/4 of the way in, then half way, not after 3 bad games (although what a glorious comeback that last game was). Goaltending needs to be better, but you have to give them more than 1 or 2 games to settle in. Defensively they have to play better, but as someone else mentioned they are learning another new system and there's always an adjustment period.

At the end of the day, to me the 2013-14 Oilers don't look like a playoff team but I think they will be good enough to at least be in the hunt nearing the end of the year. We won't see them winning many 1-0 games snoozefest games, but we'll see a lot of 5-4 wins or losses. That's part of the fun though of being an Oilers fan. What other team plays a style like that to take you on a rollercoaster of emotions all season long?
    League 1: 16 Teams. 8 Keepers. Weekly H2H
    F (Start 6): Barkov, J.Hughes, Zibanejad, E. Kane, Buchnevich, Kopitar, Coyle, Trocheck
    D (Start 4): Josi, Hamilton, Toews, Hanifin, Pionk, Clarke, Korchinski
    G (Start 1): Vasilevskiy, Daccord

Point System
    G=2, A=1, D-man G/A=+1, PIM=0.5, +/-=0.5, Shot=0.1, PPG=1, PPA=1
    Goalie Points
    W=4, S= 0.14, GA=-1, OvertimeW=1, ShootOutW =1, ShutOut=2

League 2: 12 Team Dynasty League - 30 man roster plus 7 farm.
    Keep 20 + 7 farm. Weekly H2H Roto. G, A, Shots, Hits, Blocks, PPP, Goalie W, SV%, GAA. Forward Positional Requirements.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by joeb323 View Post
    I find it funny to read all the doom and gloom around the Oilers on this forum. We're only 3 games into this season and people are talking like the whole season is a write-off already!

I'm certainly not oblivious to the problems they currently have, but people have to relax a little. Let's see where they are 1/4 of the way in, then half way, not after 3 bad games (although what a glorious comeback that last game was). Goaltending needs to be better, but you have to give them more than 1 or 2 games to settle in. Defensively they have to play better, but as someone else mentioned they are learning another new system and there's always an adjustment period.

At the end of the day, to me the 2013-14 Oilers don't look like a playoff team but I think they will be good enough to at least be in the hunt nearing the end of the year. We won't see them winning many 1-0 games snoozefest games, but we'll see a lot of 5-4 wins or losses. That's part of the fun though of being an Oilers fan. What other team plays a style like that to take you on a rollercoaster of emotions all season long?
    This year just looks like every other has looked, so it's not hard to feel like nothing has changed.

Banned

Grendel's day job is fighting the care bears.

Administrator

This year just looks like every other has looked, so it's not hard to feel like nothing has changed.
    Exactly. I give them credit for solving the depth issue on the blue line but as we've seen there still isn't enough depth in the system up front to cover up for injuries. I'm prepared for another long season.

The one place I'm not doom and gloom is in goal. Dubnyk has played like garbage but EVERY goalie who has ever been a starter in the league has had bad stretches. We know Dubnyk isn't a game-stealer but I'm perfectly comfortable with him in goal. Play better in front of him and we'll see results. If there was another option available I would gladly consider it but there isn't so we'll have to accept mediocre goaltending and hope the team plays better. They won't but I'm in no hurry to splurge on a goalie who isn't available anyway.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg