Page 88 of 370 FirstFirst ... 38 78 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 98 138 188 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 5550

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    that may be, but winning teams don't roster players like schultz. he is very likely the worst defensive defenceman in the league and no amount of offence can compensate for that.
    LOL Well, we could keep arguing but I just want to watch a good 3rd period here. I've got these guys and Giroux absolutely killing me...
    Last edited by VintageVibe; October 7, 2013 at 11:15 PM.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    The owners need to clean house at the top level. That's where it all starts.

They already have franchise players and trade chips - they need to install the mind trust who will know how to play the hands properly.
    sorry to break it to you but no they don't have sweet **** all...

they've got a team full of prima donnas who all want to be #1 and no one to do the hard work that needs to be done. I'd probably keep Hall and Eberle and ditch Hopkins and Yakupov for players who will actually help the team

they won't do squat until they stop with this tactic of trying to buy a franchise by tanking year after year, its ****ing bullshit

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by grendel View Post

they've got a team full of prima donnas who all want to be #1 and no one to do the hard work that needs to be done. I'd probably keep Hall and Eberle and ditch Hopkins and Yakupov for players who will actually help the team

they won't do squat until they stop with this tactic of trying to buy a franchise by tanking year after year, its ****ing bullshit
    They don't have a high enough competition level, lack of heart save a couple of guys, no franchise players on D, maybe one franchise player in all, a poor offensive system which doesn't help their lack of D and G.

Ryan Murray should have been taken over Nail Yakupov.

Dobber Sports Ninja

It's at the point where there are no answers. Everyone has opinions, but it's going to take trading away players like Hall/Eberle/Yakupov and making massive changes to the team in order to make a difference I think.

I certainly don't have any suggestions.

Hall looked like one of the top players in the league last year, but he's been brutal this season. Schultz was certainly suspect defensively but was SO good offensively that it didnt mattter. This season he's been invisible.

Smid and N Schultz have really looked terrible and slow.

Goaltending has been horrific.

Team looks like it has no plans on 5 on 5 or powerplay, and while they pressure on the PK, they are not exactly amazing.

There's no answers here. I guess we'll see what the team decides needs to happen, but it certainly looks like massive changes all over the board are in order, and probably the young guys are next in line since they have tried almost everything else now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by big ev View Post

ryan murray should have been taken over nail yakupov.
    agree!!!!!

Banned

The answer starts in net. You get a great goalie back there, your team will be confident and it will show in their play. Your goalie can cover up a lot of deficiencies in your skaters. Your goalie can carry you on nights when you're terrible and a great one can get you in the playoffs by himself.

IMO Ryan Miller would be the best add (Craig Anderson in the off-season as well), but would he accept a trade there?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by grendel View Post

I never said they have all the pieces to be a good team... I said they have a lot of valuable pieces. There's a big difference.

I don't think we're saying different things here. With the right management in place to make the right moves (shoring up the D, adding grit and experience, adding role players, drafting to fill need instead of name, etc), they can be competitive sooner than most in this thread seem to believe.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    The answer starts in net. You get a great goalie back there, your team will be confident and it will show in their play. Your goalie can cover up a lot of deficiencies in your skaters. Your goalie can carry you on nights when you're terrible and a great one can get you in the playoffs by himself.

IMO Ryan Miller would be the best add (Craig Anderson in the off-season as well), but would he accept a trade there?
    Sure, that's one opinion. It's as good, and as bad, as any other one out there. I've pretty much heard every single theory out there on what the Oilers should do. Every guy has a great plan while drinking beer on his couch.

I sure don't

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post

Not saying Dubnyk is a stud by any means, but I think he would look a lot better on a team where the D weren't so atrocious and the forwards so irresponsible defensively.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Not saying Dubnyk is a stud by any means, but I think he would look a lot better if the D weren't so atrocious and the forwards so irresponsible defensively.
    Pretty tough to say how good he'd be with a decent team in front of him.

Dobber Sports Sage

They're starting to come alive... Yak looking really good in the 3rd.

EDIT: Wow, Perron with a quick goal off the face-off. Seems to me the only one left with anything to prove this game is Hall. He has been awful.

EDIT#2: Aaaaand just as I type that. What a comeback. Hall! Now all I need is a nice empty netter... with one or two apples from one of my 5 Oilers lol
    Last edited by VintageVibe; October 7, 2013 at 11:54 PM.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Banned

Christ the Devils are worse

Dobber Sports Ninja

Um. What am I watching?

Dobber Sports Wizard

LOLOLOL, what a comeback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned

Time for Marty to hang em up. Schneider's team now.