Page 48 of 371 FirstFirst ... 38 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 58 98 148 ... LastLast

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Wouldn't have minded us gambling on Slepyshev or Ebert either.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    IMO Finn > Musil who we used our 31st on last year and Both >>>> Moroz...

I like the Yakupov, Laleggia, and Zharkov picks. Pretty much hated the rest.

FWIW, given who was still on the board at our picks, if I was drafting I would have gone:

2nd: Matt Finn
    3rd: Tim Bozon
    3rd (from LAK): Zharkov
    4th: Brady Vail
    5th: Joey Laleggia
    6th: Jesse Graham

Long story short, I really liked MTL's picks haha.
    Looking at the Canadian teams, I felt Montreal had the best draft picks, hands down.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Montreal had an unreal draft...I loved what they did with their picks.

I also think gambling on Ebert would have been a good idea. I'm really surprised he almost didn't get drafted.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Guru

Moroz was #56 in MacKenzie's list and here's what Button wrote about him:

Mitchell is a player who enjoys the physical game. He will hit and punish opponents but is also willing and able to stand up to the challenges that comes with playing that particular style. He's a very good skater and can close on opponents very quickly and thus there is not a lot of wiggle room to avoid a check when he's on the ice. Because his skating is so good, he can play versus better players and make them uncomfortable. He plays in straight lines and is very effective along the boards. He doesn't run around without purpose and he is very effective in his approach. He has very good awareness playing and is capable of contributing in areas other than physical play. He battles for the puck, will go to the net and is a player who plays with energy and an undeniable spirit and determination. He gives players on the ice a certain comfort but only if you are on the same team. Playing versus him, is a challenge and not fun because he is focused on doing what he can to disrupt you and help his team win.
    Sounds like an interesting type of player. I'll definitely keep an eye on him. You never know when the next Milan Lucic/David Backes emerges.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Montreal had an unreal draft...I loved what they did with their picks.

I also think gambling on Ebert would have been a good idea. I'm really surprised he almost didn't get drafted.
    Ebert was awful this year without Ellis and it would not surprise me if he had some other unknown issues as well.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Looking at the Canadian teams, I felt Montreal had the best draft picks, hands down.
    yeah their's looks really good but a lot of the time since these guys are only 18, the good drafts on paper don't always come to fruition. They picked a couple of small guys too. Galchenyuk is a good pick but after that you will have to wait many years to determine the winner.

Banned

as for Zharkov he started out injured then really came on, scoring at like a goal per game pace, but then tapered off as the season went on. I've only seen him on Bellevile ice, which is international size, so I don't know how he looks on smaller ice with less time and space.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    Sounds like an interesting type of player. I'll definitely keep an eye on him. You never know when the next Milan Lucic/David Backes emerges.
    That's pretty optmistic. I'm thinking more along the lines of a Brandon Prust. If he was not an Oil King there would be a lot more outrage than there currently is over this pick.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Ninja

People are going to hate Yakupov. I hope he pans out in Edmonton, because it would be nice for people to actualy dislike the Oilers as opposed to feel pity for them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=F36YNCae9yg#!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    People are going to hate Yakupov. I hope he pans out in Edmonton, because it would be nice for people to actualy dislike the Oilers as opposed to feel pity for them.

He loves beating Canada and now he needs to love playing for a NHL team in Canada.. Which he has already stated that he does!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post

Hopefully Yakupov puts some swagger into that dressing room. Oilers need some more off the wall character. RNH and Eberle will be great players but they are pretty vanilla and reserved in front of the camera. I think Hall may feel able to let loose once in a while now as well. He is entering his 3rd year and doesn't feel any rookie or sophomore stigma. I think Taylor has that emotional fire to make things interesting and be that lightening rod for the Oilers on the ice.

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    Hopefully Yakupov puts some swagger into that dressing room. Oilers need some more off the wall character. RNH and Eberle will be great players but they are pretty vanilla and reserved in front of the camera. I think Hall may feel able to let loose once in a while now as well. He is entering his 3rd year and doesn't feel any rookie or sophomore stigma. I think Taylor has that emotional fire to make things interesting and be that lightening rod for the Oilers on the ice.
    That's the thing I love about Taylor - my god he makes some dumbass plays, but his drive out there is second to none.

Dobber Sports Stud

After one injury-riddled, error-prone season, defenceman Cam Barker is no longer an Edmonton Oiler. The club did not qualify the restricted free agent on Monday but did retain the rights to Linus Omark.

In total, the Oilers qualified seven players: goaltender Devan Dubnyk, centre Sam Gagner, defencemen Theo Peckham, Jeff Petry, Alex Plante, and as well as centre Chris Vandevelde.

Forwards Hunter Tremblay and Milan Kytnar, like Barker, have been cut loose.
    http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...028/story.html
    10 Team Yahoo Roto
    Keep 3F, 1D, 1G (to max 2 years unless franchise keeper)
    3C,3LW,3RW,4D,2G,2BN,2IR Roto-play 85games/position
    Player: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, HIT, BS SOG, FW
    Goalie: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: (F1) Tavares, Stastny, Carter
    LW: 1-Hall, Pacioretty, B.Schenn
    RW: Mackinnon, Nyquist, Hornqvist
    D: 1-Carlson, Josi, Faulk, Franson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    BN: Jones, Niemi

#- denotes number of years I have kept a player. 2 = I need to trade him this year, (F1) = Franchise Keeper, up to 4 years.

Well that should improve our gaa right?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Well that should improve our gaa right?
    DOn't worry, Dennis Wideman will be coming soon to fix that.