Page 44 of 371 FirstFirst ... 34 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 54 94 144 ... LastLast

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Saw that. Don't know details but would imagine it's a one-way.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

If the Oilers do indeed take Yakupov at #1 I wonder what the lines will look like next year? Has Hemsky ever played LW in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by tmurdeR View Post
    If the Oilers do indeed take Yakupov at #1 I wonder what the lines will look like next year? Has Hemsky ever played LW in the past?
    Either Hemsky or Yak on the LW I think.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I believe Hemsky's days in Oil country are counting down. I think they will move him at the draft for a d-man. I hate to say it, but either way is ok with me. It's hard to ignore Hemsky's skill.....him and Yakupov on the 2nd line centering Gagne is great depth. I'm sure they'll shuffle the 1st and 2nd line up a bit, but either way there is a lot of talent amongst the 2 lines. Should work out fine. That being said, if Hemsky does move (I think for Yandle or OEL,...or I hope), MPS or Hartikainen can fill in nicely. It's nice to have such young depth! Really excited for the up coming days!! Please Tambellini, don't screw this up, be very, very active! Go Oilers
    14 team points only league
    9 forwards (3 of each position)
    4 defense
    2 goalies
    farm team option
    Must submit top 4 pointing players back into draft at end of every season
    14 rounds
    Can only carry over 12 players each year

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Jake44 View Post
    I believe Hemsky's days in Oil country are counting down. I think they will move him at the draft for a d-man. I hate to say it, but either way is ok with me. It's hard to ignore Hemsky's skill.....him and Yakupov on the 2nd line centering Gagne is great depth. I'm sure they'll shuffle the 1st and 2nd line up a bit, but either way there is a lot of talent amongst the 2 lines. Should work out fine. That being said, if Hemsky does move (I think for Yandle or OEL,...or I hope), MPS or Hartikainen can fill in nicely. It's nice to have such young depth! Really excited for the up coming days!! Please Tambellini, don't screw this up, be very, very active! Go Oilers
    Might just be me, but in no way would Hemsky by himself be enough to land Yandle or Ekman Larsson. His injury history takes his value way down. Perhaps Hemsky for one of their Dman in the pipeline would be fitting, but not for the two you listed.

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Guru

from twitter:

Bob Stauffer ‏@Bob_Stauffer
    According to Edmonton Oilers Head Amateur Scout Stu MacGregor the Oilers are down to 2 players for the #1 pick

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    from twitter:
    I would have been shocked if that wasn't the case. What baffles me a little is this, what new info do they expect to find between now and then to help them make the decision? (assuming it hasn't already been made)

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Puck Daddy on the First Overall and the Edmonton Media:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...medium=twitter
    Meh, Puck Daddy has a tendancy to reach for conspiracy theories when there is none. He is just making script and really waffling on the whole topic. I listen to and read the Edmonton hockey writers enough to think that there isn't a real bias against Yakupov or Russians in general. But they discuss the Oilers everyday at nuseum and have to generate some controversy and debate to keep topics fresh and interesting. So for sure the media has taken the whole 'best Dman or best player available discussion' to the nth level and attempt to manufacture some discourse. I think Oiler management is doing a great job of hiding their intentions tomorrow just like they did for the last 2 drafts for the 1st OA picks. They know it makes for good media.
    It will all be elementary after the first round of drafting is done tomorrow.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by letnry View Post
    I would have been shocked if that wasn't the case. What baffles me a little is this, what new info do they expect to find between now and then to help them make the decision? (assuming it hasn't already been made)
    lol, like I said, the Oilers are just trying to generate more excitement and keep fans and the media engaged. Less than 32 hours to go!

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm expecting the Oilers to pick Krueger as their head coach, potentially even today...

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I'm expecting the Oilers to pick Krueger as their head coach, potentially even today...
    Didn't they say they wouldn't have a coach in place until after the draft?

Banned

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Didn't they say they wouldn't have a coach in place until after the draft?

They did, but I am not so sure.

Dobber Sports Giant

This could be it:

Edmonton Oilers ‏@NHL_Oilers
    GM Steve Tambellini to address the media at the Renaissance Hotel in Pittsburgh in 15 minutes. Stay tuned for full coverage.

This was posted 13 minutes ago...

Dobber Sports Giant

Well I guess Tambellini answered some of the questions:

"I've had a lot of discussions. Today I've had a few." - GM Tambellini on discussing trades for the first-overall pick

"I'm very comfortable if we hold onto our first overall pick." - GM Tambellini

"Obviously not good enough ... And I'm fine with that." - GM Tambellini when asked about the quality and quantity of trade offers

"We're going to focus on the draft now and leave the rest until next week." - GM Tambellini, asked about the vacant head coach position