Page 41 of 371 FirstFirst ... 31 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 51 91 141 ... LastLast

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    For sure. I just find it ridiculous that Galchenyuk isn't on "the list of people were't not going to take anyway".

I'd say if for whatever reason hell froze over and we didn't draft Yakupov, Galchenyuk would be the next best choice,.
    no, that would be Murray

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    no, that would be Murray
    Personal opinion, no? Murray's a no-brainer candidate, but don't see why making a case for Galchenyuk isn't possible.

EDM's greatest need as an organization is still a #2C - They have good defensive prospects in the pipeline now, but still no possible Gagner replacements.

Defense now is their greatest need, not denying that. And that's a role Murray could fill. But longterm they'll need an upgrade on Gagner and there's no one in the organization looking like they could even come close.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    For sure. I just find it ridiculous that Galchenyuk isn't on "the list of people were't not going to take anyway".

I'd say if for whatever reason hell froze over and we didn't draft Yakupov, Galchenyuk would be the next best choice,.
    That's why that list seems like baloney!

"Hey Stu, quick - 5 names for the draft we can throw out there"

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    That was obvioulsy coming. I'm just curious to see # of years. I hope no more than 2,

Krueger and Sutter are frontrunners at this point it seems.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Going to be quite the offseason.

Addition of Schultz and Yakupov + a new coach. Tack on another blueliner perhaps.

If the team can string together some healthy games from guys like Hemsky and Whitney and the young guys continue to moderately develop then this team should be looking at the playoffs.

Ahh, offseason optimism!

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Going to be quite the offseason.

Addition of Schultz and Yakupov + a new coach. Tack on another blueliner perhaps.

If the team can string together some healthy games from guys like Hemsky and Whitney and the young guys continue to moderately develop then this team should be looking at the playoffs.

Ahh, offseason optimism!
    Which is usually followed by pre-season and early season confidence, then a crashing, burning, despair.

Dobber Sports Ninja

One stage at a time here.

The Oilers being accused of tampering by the Ducks, followed by drafting Murray, and then hiring MacTavish are all for later in the summer.

For now, let me enjoy my fantasies!

More Sutter to Edmonton speculation...

Somebody I know insists that Brent Sutter already has been told he's got the job as Edmonton's next coach, which flies in the face of most the reports I've seen and what GM Steve Tambellini has said on the record.

Possible? Sure. Verifiable? Not with Tambellini and president of hockey operations Kevin Lowe tighter than clams these days. It also conflicts with the insistence by 630 CHED radio man Bob Stauffer associate coach Ralph Krueger is a serious contender for the job. This version of the coaching sweepstakes doesn't jibe with what I've heard.

If Sutter ends up with (or already has) the job, I wonder if he might want to re-visit supposed interest the Oilers have had in Jarome Iginla in the past? That sounds way out there, doesn't it? Doesn't it? Just asking.
    http://oilersnation.com/2012/6/10/sp...on-a-rainy-day

Dobber Sports Superstar

hmmmm

https://twitter.com/NHL_Oilers/statu...16207024193536
    GM Steve Tambellini announces ‪#Oilers‬ have added Craig MacTavish to the Hockey Operations Management Team as Senior VP, Hockey Operations

Dobber Sports Ninja

There must be a competition on between the Islanders and Oilers to see who can look the most stupid.

So now we have the replacement for Tambellini when he gets fired in the near future.

IDIOTS IDIOTS IDIOTS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by letnry View Post
    Why, for the love of god, why?!?!

More Sutter to Edmonton..

So what's going on with Brent Sutter in Edmonton? Not exactly news that the head coach vacancy is believed to be his if he wants it. Sutter still had time on his contract with Calgary and, even though he probably would have received (official) permission to talk sooner, he apparently decided to relax a little after the worlds. You also have to think that he'd want to know who the Oilers will draft and how they plan to upgrade all over the ice. It makes sense.
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...-penguins.html

Seems like my initial hunch will be right... sutter's going to be our new coach.

Dobber Sports Ninja

So the next step is drafting Murray right?