Page 26 of 371 FirstFirst ... 16 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 36 76 126 ... LastLast

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Administrator

Yeah the team is just getting run down. Part of the price you pay for actually trying on defense.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ninja

Hemsky showed to me that barring some sort of miracle mentally, that he's likely never going to be a top end player.

That display of fear on the icing call at the end can only be explained as someone who is terrified of hurting himself again and doesn't want to get hit.

He needs to be traded to any team that will take him.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Hemsky showed to me that barring some sort of miracle mentally, that he's likely never going to be a top end player.

That display of fear on the icing call at the end can only be explained as someone who is terrified of hurting himself again and doesn't want to get hit.

He needs to be traded to any team that will take him.
    I couldn't tell if it was fear or if he was just completely gassed. Either way I felt like it was a cop out but in the grande scheme of things I don't mind it. It was maybe two-three minutes earlier he went into the corner and banged with Seabrook on the forecheck. I'm not killing him for one play. I haven't seen a trend that he's going to be acting like less of the fearless player he has in his career but maybe he just really doesn't want to be the first guy in to the corner so he can protect his shoulder. That's a trend I'll be looking for over the next few games.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Hope you're right. He's been one of the VERY few bright spots on the Oilers roster the past decade and when he's on he's ON. I'd certainly love for him to get it all together again.

I really think he'll be traded though.

Administrator

Hope you're right. He's been one of the VERY few bright spots on the Oilers roster the past decade and when he's on he's ON. I'd certainly love for him to get it all together again.

I really think he'll be traded though.
    Yeah I really wonder about that. I think he can be a part of the solution in Edmonton though. At some point you can't keep trading vets and he does still set a solid example for the young guys even if he will never be 100% again. The guy was a playoff warrior when the Oilers went on that run. I'd like to see him get a shot at that again for the Oil. And with the injuries can the Oilers really afford to deal away more players?

It is entirely possible that a decision will have to be made between keeping Hemsky and Gagner long term. If the Oilers cannot convince Hemsky to sign an extension or at least have positive talks in that regard and they fall right out of the playoff race then he probably gets dealt. But maybe similar talks are happening with Gagner and those could be going any number of ways. Or maybe both are dealt. I think long term there is room for one and personally I would rather keep Hemsky. Throw the right players around him and he doesn't need to put his body on the line.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

So apparently rumor is Hemsky will be traded soon for a #2 d-man. Thoughts?

Personally, I'm ecstatic if we land a legitimate #2. Not so much if we land a #3/4 guy.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    So apparently rumor is Hemsky will be traded soon for a #2 d-man. Thoughts?

Personally, I'm ecstatic if we land a legitimate #2. Not so much if we land a #3/4 guy.

I'd be elated but I just have zero confidence the Oilers will get any kind of decent value for him.

But here's to hoping!

Administrator

I'm telling you it's gonna be Wideman. May god have mercy on our souls.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I'm telling you it's gonna be Wideman. May god have mercy on our souls.
    That's entirely the type of completely asinine and dumb-ass move the Oilers would make.

They did pull off the penner trade last year so who knows.

Administrator

That's entirely the type of completely asinine and dumb-ass move the Oilers would make.
    The depressing thing is that it would probably make them a better team.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    They did pull off the penner trade last year so who knows.
    At best a wash right now. Teubert is bouncing up and down from the AHL and Klefbom is only potential.

Administrator

At best a wash right now. Teubert is bouncing up and down from the AHL and Klefbom is only potential.
    Addition by subtraction. Penner clears room to bring back Smyth. Or would you rather have Penner still around teaching Hall, Ebs and the Nuge that working out involves a bucket of fried chicken and bag of M+M's?

Yea but that's north of $4M off our books for a player who's been a complete nonfactor. Hell, Teubert's almost contributed as much as him.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yeah true enough. Didn't think about the cap factor, good call.