Page 214 of 371 FirstFirst ... 114 164 204 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 224 264 314 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 5551

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    That seals Yamamoto being returned to Juniors I would think.
    Letestu playing 2nd line RW shows the lack of depth this team has at RW. Not sure I like that idea, especially because it opens up his typical spot at #4c where he is very good.

Would love to see RNH have a big game because he has looked really good so far this year.
    Letestu did not last long on the RW of the 2nd line. He was replaced by Strome. RNH had the game that you wished for with 2 goals. Does anybody else think that Pat Maroon is not a very good hockey player. Sure he has 7 points in 9 games and scored 27 goals last year but he has played something like 98% of this even strength time with McDavid. I would rather see Caggiula on a line with McDavid and Draisaitl as I think he would be a much better fit with those 2.

Dobber Sports Deity

Maroon is there because he goes into the dirty places and adds a physical presense to McDavid's line. It was supposed to be Lucic's role but he didn't gel well with McDavid where are Maroon seems to fit well. He doesn't have to be a good hockey player, he just has to be a good linemate to McDavid and so far, he's become that.

As we saw last year, not everyone works well with superstars (*cough Eberle) and when you find one, you keep it working. Much like Kunitz with Crosby. Most didn't think Kunitz was a very good player either, but he worked well with Crosby and allowed him to do what he needed to do.

My only fear is Maroon signing a big payday for his role. I can see him getting a good term deal but I am afraid of the cap hit he will get once his new deal is signed.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Maroon is there because he goes into the dirty places and adds a physical presense to McDavid's line. It was supposed to be Lucic's role but he didn't gel well with McDavid where are Maroon seems to fit well. He doesn't have to be a good hockey player, he just has to be a good linemate to McDavid and so far, he's become that.

As we saw last year, not everyone works well with superstars (*cough Eberle) and when you find one, you keep it working. Much like Kunitz with Crosby. Most didn't think Kunitz was a very good player either, but he worked well with Crosby and allowed him to do what he needed to do.

My only fear is Maroon signing a big payday for his role. I can see him getting a good term deal but I am afraid of the cap hit he will get once his new deal is signed.
    Agreed with all of the above. Maroon is not a great player in a bubble, that is obvious from his career high 12 goals and 34 points when not on a team with McDavid. That being said he does play extremely well with McDavid, and sometimes superstars finding consistency is tough. Maroon's next contract is going to be interesting, I hope the Oilers don't give him a big payday. I can see him getting like $4.5m+ from some team and scoring 20 goals and 45 points in another City.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Deity

I didnt get to watch the game last night, but I read about the game this morning. Glad to see the Oilers get the win but disheartened to hear that Oiler fans in attendance booed Taylor Hall after he scored. Man, it's not like he was a holdout or demanded a trade out of Edmonton. Just sad to read that this morning.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

I didnt get to watch the game last night, but I read about the game this morning. Glad to see the Oilers get the win but disheartened to hear that Oiler fans in attendance booed Taylor Hall after he scored. Man, it's not like he was a holdout or demanded a trade out of Edmonton. Just sad to read that this morning.
    Yeh, not classy at all by Edmonton fans. Just makes me more disgusted with this franchise and fanbase.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Pro

The booing was half hearted and more tongue in cheek than anything. Most of the fanbase still really likes Hall. You're reading too much into it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy D Monkey View Post
    Yeh, not classy at all by Edmonton fans. Just makes me more disgusted with this franchise and fanbase.
    Awwwwwwwwwwwww, feel free to choke on your disgust.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    The booing was half hearted and more tongue in cheek than anything. Most of the fanbase still really likes Hall. You're reading too much into it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I didn't take the booing as directed against Hall, but against the trade and the fact that he's having a great year so far and the Oilers were offensively hamstrung. I think there's still a lot of affection for Hall among Oiler fans.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

You could be right. As I say, I didn't watch the game but felt bad for Hall after reading that this morning.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    Agreed with all of the above. Maroon is not a great player in a bubble, that is obvious from his career high 12 goals and 34 points when not on a team with McDavid. That being said he does play extremely well with McDavid, and sometimes superstars finding consistency is tough. Maroon's next contract is going to be interesting, I hope the Oilers don't give him a big payday. I can see him getting like $4.5m+ from some team and scoring 20 goals and 45 points in another City.
    You really see Maroon getting those numbers on another team?
    I dunno.
    I think he'll get 5+ easy. He's not going anywhere if MacDavid says so.

Dobber Sports Icon

There is no way that Patrick Maroon is worth anything near $4M per season. He is simply the result of spending so much time with the best offensive player in the NHL. Here is the list of forwards that have shown "chemistry" with McDavid (players with who McDavid has a higher Corsi For% when playing with then when playing without from either the 2016/17 or the 2017/18 NHL season as per naturalstattrick).

Puljujarvu
    Pakarinen x2
    Eberle
    Draisaitl
    Lucic x2
    Nugent-Hopkins
    Pitlick
    Slepyshev
    Jokinen
    Yamamoto
    Letestu
    Strome

Notice someone who does not make this list? That's right, the guy who has shown tremendous "chemistry" with Connor McDavid actually brings McDavid's corsi for % down when they are on the ice together.

*I understand there are some very small sample sizes at work

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    There is no way that Patrick Maroon is worth anything near $4M per season. He is simply the result of spending so much time with the best offensive player in the NHL. Here is the list of forwards that have shown "chemistry" with McDavid (players with who McDavid has a higher Corsi For% when playing with then when playing without from either the 2016/17 or the 2017/18 NHL season as per naturalstattrick).

Puljujarvu
    Pakarinen x2
    Eberle
    Draisaitl
    Lucic x2
    Nugent-Hopkins
    Pitlick
    Slepyshev
    Jokinen
    Yamamoto
    Letestu
    Strome

Notice someone who does not make this list? That's right, the guy who has shown tremendous "chemistry" with Connor McDavid actually brings McDavid's corsi for % down when they are on the ice together.

*I understand there are some very small sample sizes at work
    The only stats that matter are goals and assists. Unfortunately, Maroon will likely get paid more than what he should. However, the Oilers can play on the McDavid factor and see if Maroon will sign for less than what he MIGHT get on another team in order to "keep the band together". It will be interesting to see how this plays out for sure.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports All-Star

Ok, so what's going on with this team? Lost again today at home to Detroit 4-0.

How can a team with supposedly the best player in the world be 9 points behind an expansion team in the standings and the 2nd worst team in the league point wise? Have they quit on Todd McLellan? Is it Talbot? Are they not as good as everyone thought they were going to be? All of the above?

Yes, it is too early to panic, but how long do we keep saying that?

Dobber Sports Star

Per the Hall booing, it doesn't have to mean "you're a prick and we hate you". Booing can just mean "you're not one of us anymore so you're the enemy".

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    Ok, so what's going on with this team? Lost again today at home to Detroit 4-0.

How can a team with supposedly the best player in the world be 9 points behind an expansion team in the standings and the 2nd worst team in the league point wise? Have they quit on Todd McLellan? Is it Talbot? Are they not as good as everyone thought they were going to be? All of the above?

Yes, it is too early to panic, but how long do we keep saying that?
    Playoffs are slowly getting out of reach, so I would think they'll do something to wake up the team. I doubt we see anyone from their core traded anymore, so firing the head coach is more likely. I have no idea if that helps or what's the real problem with that team but they seem slow and lazy, especially defensively.

Just speculating, no source or inside information (apparently that's important to clarify each time ).

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Playoffs are slowly getting out of reach, so I would think they'll do something to wake up the team. I doubt we see anyone from their core traded anymore, so firing the head coach is more likely. I have no idea if that helps or what's the real problem with that team but they seem slow and lazy, especially defensively.

Just speculating, no source or inside information (apparently that's important to clarify each time ).
    Yes. Thanks for the disclaimer. Should be included in all necessary posts.