Page 205 of 371 FirstFirst ... 105 155 195 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 215 255 305 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 5551

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

While everyone slagged the Hall for Larsson trade at the time it certainly seems to have worked out well for the Oilers, and the Devils are a horrid team. Really makes one wonder about the true impact a player like Larsson has in terms of simply winning hockey games. Yes, a lot of the success for the Oilers has been purely McDavid related, but the defense on the team is like night and day as well, and the Hall/Larsson trade is a huge part of that.

I am watching meaningful Oiler hockey in January right now. It's been a decade since I have been able to say that.

- - - Updated - - -

While everyone slagged the Hall for Larsson trade at the time it certainly seems to have worked out well for the Oilers, and the Devils are a horrid team. Really makes one wonder about the true impact a player like Larsson has in terms of simply winning hockey games. Yes, a lot of the success for the Oilers has been purely McDavid related, but the defense on the team is like night and day as well, and the Hall/Larsson trade is a huge part of that.

I am watching meaningful Oiler hockey in January right now. It's been a decade since I have been able to say that.

Dobber Sports Deity

I actually liked the trade, after the initial kick in the nuts wore off and I calmed down to think about it sensibly. I hated losing Hall but I knew we needed the help back there and it wasnt coming cheaply, especially with every GM knowing Chiarelli has his back to the wall.

I do think Larsson has been solid for the Oilers but I also think the Kris Russell signing has been a big help too. Analytics or not, he's been just as good back there as Larsson in the games I've watched.

As far as last nights game goes, if not for Schneider standing on his head, the score should have been a lot worse. The Oilers outplayed the Devils most of the night last night.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually liked the trade, after the initial kick in the nuts wore off and I calmed down to think about it sensibly. I hated losing Hall but I knew we needed the help back there and it wasnt coming cheaply, especially with every GM knowing Chiarelli has his back to the wall.

I do think Larsson has been solid for the Oilers but I also think the Kris Russell signing has been a big help too. Analytics or not, he's been just as good back there as Larsson in the games I've watched.

As far as last nights game goes, if not for Schneider standing on his head, the score should have been a lot worse. The Oilers outplayed the Devils most of the night last night.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

I was not a fan of the trade, I'll admit it. However, I am learning more every day that I know very little about what it takes to run a real NHL team and win games. The more I can just enjoy the games, and cheer as a fan, and leave the coaching and GM job to the guys who do it for a living, the better. It's hard to just let it go and realize I don't know very much though. It's easier to think I know what's best

Dobber Sports Ninja

Let's face facts, many people on these boards are judging the Hall/Larsson deal by fantasy standards. Let's see what Matt Duchene yields for the Avs, if the rumours are true and they are seeking a D-man in return. Top pairing D are difficult to acquire via trade.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Administrator

Healthy McDavid + healthy Klefbom + consistent Talbot are having much more to do with the Oilers' turnabout than Larsson and Russell.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

I think all of the above play into it.

As long as this is the future going forward I'm va happy camper.

- - - Updated - - -

I think all of the above play into it.

As long as this is the future going forward I'm va happy camper.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Oilers ran the Senators show all night (I have no clue how they have so many points) but had some strange inanimate object in goal and they lose. wonder if they find someone new role play backup this year, that's not the first game he's lost for the team.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Oilers ran the Senators show all night (I have no clue how they have so many points) but had some strange inanimate object in goal and they lose. wonder if they find someone new role play backup this year, that's not the first game he's lost for the team.
    How do the oilers have so many points? I was only impressed by one line tonight

This I was a one off game for the sens as of late. They came off outplaying New York and Washington twice, in the last Three games and winning and dominating in Chicago before Christmas

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Maroon... kid looks like a superstar in the box scores. Is this all from playing with McDavid? I haven't been watching.

Perhaps warrants another pick up... (after I recently dropped him for D depth in Phaneuf.)

- - - Updated - - -

Maroon... kid looks like a superstar in the box scores. Is this all from playing with McDavid? I haven't been watching.

Perhaps warrants another pick up... (after I recently dropped him for D depth in Phaneuf.)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Yes it is from playing with mcdavid. I would add him if you can. Also he's 28 so don't esxpect much for future

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post

Certainly the McDavid effect, no doubt. He did this last season with McDavid and Eberle as well, though in a much smaller sample size.

Dobber Sports Deity

The Monster gave that game away last night. No wonder Talbot has more starts than any other goalie this season. Ugh!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Time to waive the Monster.... LB cant be any worse, and maybe just maybe he will be ready this time.
    16 GMs with 15 Keepers, Pts only, Top 9F,4D,1G count
    2020 & 2013 UFHL Champion

McDavid/Draisatl/Scheifele/Malkin/Marchand/
    Hall/Voracek/Nugent-Hopkins/Bergeron/Giroux

Hedman/Hamilton/Doughty/Ellis/Nurse

Grubauer

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    Time to waive the Monster.... LB cant be any worse, and maybe just maybe he will be ready this time.
    I wonder if they don't want LB sitting on the bench for most of the year but instead getting more playing time in the AHL. Have to think they need to do something. The Sens were the Oilers chewtoy and that game shouldn't have been close at all.

It sure is nice to be worried about things like backup goalies now instead of things like being dead last in the league.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I wonder if they don't want LB sitting on the bench for most of the year but instead getting more playing time in the AHL. Have to think they need to do something. The Sens were the Oilers chewtoy and that game shouldn't have been close at all.

It sure is nice to be worried about things like backup goalies now instead of things like being dead last in the league.
    The Sens controlled the first period. After that, the Oilers took over. But we just came off dominating the Caps and losing 1-0, so we deserved two points this weekend.