Page 200 of 370 FirstFirst ... 100 150 190 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 210 250 300 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 5550

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    haven't seen much oilers action..is Draggula a shot to make the squad?
    He has certainly played well enough to earn it but whether he actually sticks or not is another thing. A lot depends on what they Oilers plan on doing down the middle. If Draisaitl moves to the wing, then I can see them keeping Caggiula up as the 3rd line center and moving Letestu down to the 4th line (which is where he should be) and Lander waived to the AHL.

A lot of pieces to fall yet but from what I've seen, he's earned his stripes this pre-season. The kid has looked good.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    If Draisaitl moves to the wing, then I can see them keeping Caggiula up as the 3rd line center and moving Letestu down to the 4th line (which is where he should be) and Lander waived to the AHL.
    You've seen more of the Oilers than I, but from the little I've seen so far in preseason, aren't the top 3 lines looking to be something like :

Lucic/McDavid/Eberle
    Pouliot/RNH/Pulju
    Maroon/Draisaitl/Yakupov

If this is the case, it's not Letestu who's going to be moved down (he's already down). Also, in this case, it would have to be Maroon or Yakupov who moves down for Caggiula to make the team on the 3rd line.

Correct me if I'm wrong. As I said, I've only checked the lines via gamecenter on nhl.com, and only once in a while, not a whole game's time.

This being said... if Caggiula does make the team, what would be his likely production this year?
    On a fantasy hockey break.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Potatoeman View Post
    You've seen more of the Oilers than I, but from the little I've seen so far in preseason, aren't the top 3 lines looking to be something like :

Lucic/McDavid/Eberle
    Pouliot/RNH/Pulju
    Maroon/Draisaitl/Yakupov

If this is the case, it's not Letestu who's going to be moved down (he's already down). Also, in this case, it would have to be Maroon or Yakupov who moves down for Caggiula to make the team on the 3rd line.

Correct me if I'm wrong. As I said, I've only checked the lines via gamecenter on nhl.com, and only once in a while, not a whole game's time.

This being said... if Caggiula does make the team, what would be his likely production this year?
    Lucic/McDavid/Eberle sees to be the line that will start together, but after that it's less clear.

Draisaitl could be moved to wing, Puljujarvi I suspect starts in the AHL unless he shows a pulse the last couple exhibition games. Yakupov has been marginally better as well. Versteeg may have earned himself a contract as well. Lots could happen.

What I suspect things look like to start the year?

Lucic/McDavid/Eberle
    Pouliot/RNH/Versteeg
    Maroon/Draisaitl/Yakupov - This line has seen some success in preseason
    Piltick/Letestu/Kassian - Pitlick has been excellent in preseason and I despise Kassian but he has that caveman attitude that Chiarelli seems to love. With injuries to Hendricks and Pakarinen the fourth line will be a hodgepodge of players.

Caggiula has been good but as the games ramp up I suspect he will fade like these young guys almost always do and he will become an injury callup player.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    Just curious who ends up with the most PP minutes on the backend in Northern Alberta. Got the guide yet ?
    I am VERY interested in the answer here, apparently sekera started last nite and both he and Larsson are avail in my league. Please keep us posted, Oilers-watchers!
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by larrylintz View Post
    I am VERY interested in the answer here, apparently sekera started last nite and both he and Larsson are avail in my league. Please keep us posted, Oilers-watchers!
    I second that. Klefbom at all a dark horse to slide in there? Or is he destined to prove his PP worth on the 2nd line?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

It'll probably be Pokka

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by larrylintz View Post
    Currently Klefbom is on PP1 and Larsson on PP2.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Currently Klefbom is on PP1 and Larsson on PP2.
    The PP lines in practice the last two days (not today) have been

McDavid, Eberle, Lucic, Draisaitl, Sekera
    Caggiula, Pouliot, Yakupov, Letestu, Klefbom

The lines have been:

Lucic - McDavid - Eberle
    Pouliot - Draisaitl - Puljujarvi
    Maroon - Caggiula - Yakupov
    Pitlick - Letestu - Kassian

RNH did not practice as he was sick.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    The PP lines in practice the last two days (not today) have been

McDavid, Eberle, Lucic, Draisaitl, Sekera
    Caggiula, Pouliot, Yakupov, Letestu, Klefbom

The lines have been:

Lucic - McDavid - Eberle
    Pouliot - Draisaitl - Puljujarvi
    Maroon - Caggiula - Yakupov

RNH did not practice as he was sick.
    Right, sorry, looks like Sekera and Klefbom were the main PP guys last night. Larsson only had 30 seconds. Not that there was a lot of powerplay time to dish out last night. Small sample size since they scored on 2/3.

Dobber Sports Icon

Lines at practice today:

Lucic - McDavid - Eberle
    Pouliot - RNH - Draisaitl
    Maroon - Lander - Yakupov

Caggiula was hurt last game and did not skate today. Mclelland did say that Draisaitl was going to play some wing tomorrow night.

Dobber Sports Padawan

My situation will become more urgent if Faulk's injury serious so please, anyone watching game last night I'd appreciate knowing who McLelland handles PP.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Initiate

So, how do you figure the lines will set up now that Yakupov is gone?
    On a fantasy hockey break.

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/NHLbyMatty/statu...11751479549952

So Anton Lander on waivers in Edm. No real surprise. Beaten out by Letestu as No. 4 centre. That's $1 mil in Bakersfield if he clears
    http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/ho...e-anton-lander

Based on this move, one would assume that Drake Caggiula must be close to coming back pronto for full-time duty. Reid Wilkins of CHED just tweeted out that Caggiula and Versteeg were on the ice Monday morning for practice There are only 12 healthy forwards on the roster at last count, with Hendricks and Pakarinen out and Caggiula and Versteeg nursing injuries. It looks right now like Jesse Puljujarvi, Anton Slepyshev and Tyler Pitlick have also made the team for now, along with Caggiula.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

Who doesn't love a penalty shot? Wow that was a weak call, though...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Nice to see a win but both of those teams looked quite weak, just like the Leafs/Sens game earlier in the night. Was like watching Jr hockey from those 4 teams. But I'll take a win over the Flames any day.