Page 20 of 370 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 30 70 120 ... LastLast

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    That's a longggg time.

On a side note, I'm thinking more and more that Gagner won't be traded. However, something's gotta give... (well maybe not since we're constantly injured).
    i think your right, i guess we will see when hemsky gets back and how long he stays healthy for. I would love to see him playing with MP and Gags to get them both going. It sucks because the way i see it Lander will probably get sent down to the AHL but i wish he would stay. He has looked solid on that 4th so far and its probably one of the most reliable lines we have. Im still thinking a Gags and Omark package for a dman. Maybe NSH would give up one of their young studs for a package like that
    10 Team Yahoo Semi Keeper H2H Daily lineups (Keep 5 Vets & 5 Rookies), Play 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G daily

C-Giroux, Matthews (R), Petterson, Barzal (R)
    LW-Rakell
    RW-Tarasenko, Aho (R), Boser (R)
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

G, A, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, +/-, GWG, SOG, Hits, Blocks, PIM
    Wins, Saves, Goals Against, Shutouts

Rookies Eligible till 170 GP

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by diamondback87 View Post
    i think your right, i guess we will see when hemsky gets back and how long he stays healthy for. I would love to see him playing with MP and Gags to get them both going. It sucks because the way i see it Lander will probably get sent down to the AHL but i wish he would stay. He has looked solid on that 4th so far and its probably one of the most reliable lines we have. Im still thinking a Gags and Omark package for a dman. Maybe NSH would give up one of their young studs for a package like that
    I'd like that, but don't think they'd go for it. Not sure Gagner/Omark are what NSH needs.

And yea, I love Lander but ATM with a healthy team, there's not much room.

Hall-RNH-Eberle
    Paajarvi-Gagner-Hemsky
    Smyth-Horcoff-Jones
    Petrell-Belanger-Eager

And thats with Lander and Omark in the AHL. However, Hemsky is made of glass as we know and we've never had any shortage of injuries.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'd like that, but don't think they'd go for it. Not sure Gagner/Omark are what NSH needs.

And yea, I love Lander but ATM with a healthy team, there's not much room.

Hall-RNH-Eberle
    Paajarvi-Gagner-Hemsky
    Smyth-Horcoff-Jones
    Petrell-Belanger-Eager

And thats with Lander and Omark in the AHL. However, Hemsky is made of glass as we know and we've never had any shortage of injuries.
    Really like those lines however now I hear that Omark has an out clause in his contract which allows him to flee the country (back to europe) so it seems he will have a gun towards Tambo's head to make a move, not a fan of that at all. Seems that the leverage is in the players and opposing GM's hand. For the record don't hate Omark oil just need to be sure of Hemsky PERIOD, but that's always a tough call.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by OILSLICK View Post
    Really like those lines however now I hear that Omark has an out clause in his contract which allows him to flee the country (back to europe) so it seems he will have a gun towards Tambo's head to make a move, not a fan of that at all. Seems that the leverage is in the players and opposing GM's hand. For the record don't hate Omark oil just need to be sure of Hemsky PERIOD, but that's always a tough call.
    Ya Omark does have an out clause but I thought it was only was he was sent down I could be wrong on that one though. Also he wants to play in the NHL and he realizes the implications of using that clause. If he was to use it he may be doing career suicide over here. He will play in the AHL for a bit. The Oilers will have some injuries and either we will be able to use him in the top nine sometime throughout the year or we will end up trading him. I think somebody might of all ready mentioned it here but at the 60 game mark Omark cant be moved back and fourth freely and would be required to go on waivers. I think he is about 3 games shy of that mark ATM.
    10 Team Yahoo Semi Keeper H2H Daily lineups (Keep 5 Vets & 5 Rookies), Play 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G daily

LW-Rakell
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    The last time the Oilers had more than 41 wins in a season (so more wins that losses/ties)

1987-1988

The team is long overdue for a better than average team.

Next year could finally be that year.
    That was my first year on Earth. I've felt shortchanged ever since.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Administrator

Just saw this tweet from DownGoesBrown:
    Fantastic.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ace

just finished watching the Oilers game on CBC(I love how if i miss there games i can watch it the next day) and it looked like they waited a bit to long to start playing.

dubnyk looked a little shaky and defiantly should of had that first goal. he played decent and I guess only let in the one soft one but looked a bit nervous at times to me.

the nuge continued to impress me with his strength and composure, the guy hardly ever turns the puck over. he is gonna be the best player out of the bunch. just the complete package and will score a lot because he does all the little things right.

teubert looked great out there IMO. a little nervous at times but I thought he didnt look to out of place for a young dman. I think he could defiantly turn into a solid 5/6 guy for us.

gagner and mp need to get it going. in order for us to win this year were gonna need our 3rd line chipping in. the kids are providing steady offence, the second line is doing great, its our 3rd line that hurts our scoring depth. i hope when hemsky gets back we keep the top 2 the same and slide gags to center and put hemmer on the wing. i guess that makes lander the odd man out but hes still young and would benefit from a year in the AHL. I think this could help create a good balanced attack that would help take the pressure off the kids.

LW-Rakell
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

Hemsky's back - Paajarvi is a scratch.

Hall-RNH-Eberle
    Smyth-Horcoff-Hemsky
    Jones-Belanger-Gagner
    Petrell-Lander-Eager

Will be lines for tonight.

Barker is also back in for tonight's game - not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Dobber Sports Ace

damn not the way i would of worked the lines but i guess we will see how they do. we know the top 2 lines are going be good, my biggest issue was trying to spread the balance around so we could role 3 scoring lines. Also I would of liked to see MP and Gags get jump started by Hemsky but oh well. This is a crucial game IMO. Originally I wanted the Oilers to go 500 on this road trip and were going have our hands for on the weekend with Detroit, Chicago and Boston.

LW-Rakell
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

Dobber Sports Ninja

Not a fan of the lines, but who knows, if Hemsky's line can produce then it could work out well.

Dobber Sports Guru

Despite the fact that the "kid line" has been clicking I would ratehr see Hemsky and his big body with Hall and RNH and then Eberle's speed would do well on the second line with the bigger slower Smyth and Horcoff. Then again im not an NHL coach so what the eff do I know.

Dobber Sports Ace

I thought the Oilers played decent tonight. I think the shots on goal were unfair. There were times that I was scared and the Habs were really coming on strong and putting on some pressure but the Oilers also had some decent chances. I think the Oilers did get outplayed but just barely.

Hemsky looked like the old Hemsky and that line looked like they never skipped a beat. They played great together and did everything you could ask from them. Smyth always looks a step behind everybody but with Hemsky on that top line it made a world of difference

The kids played alright, they had a great shift in the late 3rd holding the habs in their own zone for a long period of time.

The 4th line for me was probably the best line all night IMO. They were the most reliable at all times and had some great opportunities. I think its only a matter of time before Lander starts producing. He has been all over the ice and had some great chances tonight.

Personally I hope they give Teubert another chance and take out Wrekhem. He did destroy a guy in the corners but I still think he is a little slow. I thought teurbert looking amazing and was playing with a fire under his ass

For me to be happy we need one more win in the next 3 games on this road trip so lets see what happens

LW-Rakell
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

Dobber Sports Ninja

Very strange. Lots of wins for the Oilers lately but I'm not finding the hockey all that entertaining and I think the current lines are not sustainable long term.

Kid line likely will need to be broken up at some point.

Omark should be back with the club to help the anemic offense and powerplay.

Gagner needs to be stuck with some creative scoring forwards (not Belanger and Jones) to try and kickstart his game or else move him.

Lots of different options right now, but I imagine Renney will stick with the status quo as long as the team keeps winning.

Definitely not an exciting game and the kids really haven't looked special at all the past two games.

But a win is a win.