Page 196 of 370 FirstFirst ... 96 146 186 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 206 246 296 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 5550

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Coyle and Dumba for Nuge or Ebs is interesting for both sides.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by deantime419 View Post
    I can't see how they get both in that deal. Doesn't seem like Minny is even willing to deal Dumba alone for a forward.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Veteran

Maybe it's wishful thinking but we could throw in Yak/Reinhart/picks as well.

I really thought RNH was worth more than Dumba at this point.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow

Dobber Sports Deity

It would appear that Minny wants to deal Brodin (for cap reasons) and Edmonton is reluctant to take him because he really isn't what they are shopping RNH for, which is a smooth, puck moving Dman. Brodin is an excellent shutdown type of guy, but Chiarelli is looking for puckmovers more.

That's my guess on the stalemate.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

I don't watch a lot of Minnesota. Close to none. I rarely watch their games against the Oilers even as they have always been some of the worst type of hockey you can imagine. However, my understanding is that Brodin was basically just a matter of being good when paired when Suter and weak to average when not. I don't see him or Dumba being a good trade (one for one) for Nugent-Hopkins. Not saying it won't happen, but seems like the type of 'lose the deal and hope it works out' type deal that I fear is coming.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I don't watch a lot of Minnesota. Close to none. I rarely watch their games against the Oilers even as they have always been some of the worst type of hockey you can imagine. However, my understanding is that Brodin was basically just a matter of being good when paired when Suter and weak to average when not. I don't see him or Dumba being a good trade (one for one) for Nugent-Hopkins. Not saying it won't happen, but seems like the type of 'lose the deal and hope it works out' type deal that I fear is coming.
    Oiler's would have to careful with Brodin if they acquired him. Still can be a good Dman but he would need to be sheltered at first and the Oiler's have no Suter type dman to help Brodin. Brodin and Dumba are good 3/4 options but Chia needs to concentrate on 1/2 or 2a/2b dman options.

Dobber Sports Superstar

During the playoff series with the Stars, I thought Coyle was their most dangerous forward. I doubt they make that deal. I think I might rather have him than RNH regardless.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    During the playoff series with the Stars, I thought Coyle was their most dangerous forward. I doubt they make that deal. I think I might rather have him than RNH regardless.
    It likely won't happen, because I think the franchise (and fans) over-value RNH and the rest of their players. Dumba's an excellent player. If he's available, they should find a way to make it happen. I like RNH, but he's a 2nd line centre. You're not going to get a #2 D-man for him, in my opinion.

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/JasonGregor/stat...35396163072000

#Oilers did not qualify Luke Gazdic, Adam Clendening, Kale Kessy and Niklas Lundstrom.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    It likely won't happen, because I think the franchise (and fans) over-value RNH and the rest of their players. Dumba's an excellent player. If he's available, they should find a way to make it happen. I like RNH, but he's a 2nd line centre. You're not going to get a #2 D-man for him, in my opinion.
    Dumba isn't quite a top pairing dman yet.

What's the asking price on Spurgeon if Dumba's is too high?
    12 tm pts only dynasty

Dobber Sports Titan

Dumba isn't quite a top pairing dman yet.

What's the asking price on Spurgeon if Dumba's is too high?
    If the price on Dumba is too high, the price on Spurgeon would be too high as well.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ninja

All kinds of crazy going on in Oiler land right now. Names like Lucic, Demers, Barrie, Hamonic. Very strange, but it's pretty clear the Oilers will be a drastically different looking team to start next season.

Dobber Sports Deity

I don't hate Demers, but I don't see him as much of a top pairing Dman to be signed to a big contract. He's a solid 3/4 guy but not the top pairing guy they need to be paying big bucks to bring in.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I don't hate Demers, but I don't see him as much of a top pairing Dman to be signed to a big contract. He's a solid 3/4 guy but not the top pairing guy they need to be paying big bucks to bring in.
    He won't be the keystone blueliner anyways, but I do have the same concerns - mainly of salary.

I'd say someone like Eberle is gone (maybe even as soon as today) for a blueliner like Barrie and he'll be the key guy they bring in. But who knows. Chiarelli could be doing something else entirely. Fun times. Oilers are crawling back to relevancy again I hope.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Agreed. I really like him on the Oilers if they can make him into a 3/4 Dman.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)