Page 192 of 371 FirstFirst ... 92 142 182 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 202 242 292 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 5555

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    He should win the Calder (though he probably won't because you have a 36 year old "rookie" playing shotgun to Kane this season, hilarious), and he could win the Hart as soon as next season with a full slate of games under his belt.

This is McDavid's league now. Beautiful.
    I'll disagree with you on the Calder. Panarin deserves it. McDavid has missed too many games. I don't care how many points a player is "projected" to get when judging a trophy that should be about performance, not potential. Don't get me wrong, I'm still an Oiler and McDavid fan, but Panarin should win the Calder. Think about it, Gretzky didn't win the Calder either and maybe McDavid is the second coming, so maybe symmetry? The NHL took care of the age thing a long time ago, limiting it to what, 26 I think? Regardless, it is Panarin's first year in the NHL and it's the best league in the world. How many guys can come over from one of the other pro leagues (KHL, SEL, etc) and excel in the NHL? Not many. Rundblad quickly comes to mind.

I'll agree that McDavid is starting to dominate the league as he becomes more and more comfortable and that next season should be mighty fine for the next one.

I like the early returns on Patrick Maroon. More grit. Definitely needed.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I finally get to see McDavid live today!! I've only had to wait 9 months since he was drafted, HaHa..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I'll disagree with you on the Calder. Panarin deserves it. McDavid has missed too many games. I don't care how many points a player is "projected" to get when judging a trophy that should be about performance, not potential. Don't get me wrong, I'm still an Oiler and McDavid fan, but Panarin should win the Calder. Think about it, Gretzky didn't win the Calder either and maybe McDavid is the second coming, so maybe symmetry? The NHL took care of the age thing a long time ago, limiting it to what, 26 I think? Regardless, it is Panarin's first year in the NHL and it's the best league in the world. How many guys can come over from one of the other pro leagues (KHL, SEL, etc) and excel in the NHL? Not many. Rundblad quickly comes to mind.

I'll agree that McDavid is starting to dominate the league as he becomes more and more comfortable and that next season should be mighty fine for the next one.

I like the early returns on Patrick Maroon. More grit. Definitely needed.
    Both Gretzky and Crosby missed out on the Calder, so maybe it's for the best, but there's already talk of him winning it anyways, even with only half a season. If he maintains his current play I think he'll probably win it despite Panarin and Gosthisbehere tearing it up this season. When guys like Damien Cox (what a turd) and Bruce Arthur, who may not even watch any Western Conference games, are stating that he probably should win the award, it makes things interesting.

I'm more interested in whether he wins the Hart next year though.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Both Gretzky and Crosby missed out on the Calder, so maybe it's for the best, but there's already talk of him winning it anyways, even with only half a season. If he maintains his current play I think he'll probably win it despite Panarin and Gosthisbehere tearing it up this season. When guys like Damien Cox (what a turd) and Bruce Arthur, who may not even watch any Western Conference games, are stating that he probably should win the award, it makes things interesting.

I'm more interested in whether he wins the Hart next year though.
    RNH was in line to challenge for it his rookie year too but an injury derailed his opportunity.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    RNH was in line to challenge for it his rookie year too but an injury derailed his opportunity.
    This is true. Nugent-Hopkins was not scoring at a league leading pace his year though.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Speaking of RNH, anybody got any insight on what lines will look like when he comes back ? In a week or 2? Today should be interesting to see who shows up on the scoreboard, Maroon or Yakupov?
    TEAM 1
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H, G, A, PPP, SOG, FOW, HITS, BLKS, PIM, GWG, ShG, W, SHO, GA, SV, ShL, OL
    3-6C, 3-6W, 6D, 8B, 2G, 20 farm, 3IR

C - Crosby-McDavid-Giroux-Kadri
    W - Ovechkin-Marchand-Lehkonen-Wheeler-E.Kane-Landeskog
    D - Jones-Schenn-Stone-Lindholm-Moser-Whitecloud
    G - Hellebuyck-Lindgren-Martin-Stalock

Full Keeper

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I can now see why Oilers fans get frustrated with Yakupov.. I watched him pretty closely tonight.. Has a quick release, is very shifty, but doesn't really go into the dirty area's and win battles.. Not very strong in the defensive zone either.. Needs others to succeed..

Wow McDavid is fast and slick!! This kid will probably lead the league in scoring as soon as next season, if healthy ofcourse..

Maroon was a very nice add, he compliments Hall really well..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Superstar

It's been a nice treat to see the Oilers win a few recently. Talbot has been unreal with 4 straight wins and an insane SV% (.972 I think).

Klefbom was practicing in full gear today, RNH should be nearing a return.
    It's sad and frustrating that it will take until the 70th game of the season to get our full lineup together but I am excited to see our full healthy lineup play out the final 10-12 games together, hopefully they can go .500 or better and prove they are only a piece or two away from being a playoff contender.

EDIT: Talbot named 1st star so I guess he's getting some love.

Regarding McDavid, I have to agree with The Commish and say it should go to Paranin. I hate that he's 26 and played multiple pro years but he does qualify and is by far the best "rookie" over the full season. Doesn't take anything away from McDavid, we all know he's going to be something special. For those who argue McDavid should win it the exact description of the award is

"The Calder Memorial Trophy is an annual award given "to the player selected as the most proficient in his first year of competition in the National Hockey League (NHL)."
    Just like guys like to argue about who is most "valuable" I suppose one could argue that missing half a season but still scoring over a point per game makes McDavid most "proficient". I expect Paranin, Ghost and McDavid to be the nominees at least.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Icon

really looking forward to see Klefbom play with a healthy McDavid on the PP.

This team looks to be coming around now that McD is back in action, its a totally different feeling again.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Deity

Something positive to take from this season.

https://twitter.com/ReidWilkins/stat...31786285793281

The Oilers improve to 30-40-7. It’s their first 30 win-season since they won 32 in 2011/12.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Can't wait until the draft lottery (30 April). Although it would be awesome to have Edmonton win another first overall pick, just to enjoy the over the top reactions of the haters out there, I would be quite happy for the Oilers to draft one of the two Finns (especially Laine).

If the Oilers do win the lottery, I've read that Arizona highly covets local boy Auston Matthews and would potentially pursue a deal. Obviously, Edmonton would be asking for Ekman-Larsson, but that's a pretty big ask and I'm not sure Arizona would want to deal one of the best D-men in the entire league.

First things first though, let's see what pick Edmonton ends up with. One thing's for sure, we'll be getting a damn good hockey player.

This off-season is going to be big for the Oilers. Chiarelli is very likely going to be active in getting at least one big name D and it will cost a pretty penny that's for sure. Looks like we're staying with Talbot in goal and adding Kassian and Maroon have added an element of grit with a little offensive potential, leaving the back end as the obvious focus for upgrades. Can't wait!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Administrator

The only free agent defenseman I'd go after is Yandle. Give Yandle $9 M a year. Whatever it takes.

Or trade a forward or the first rounder for a right-shot defenseman. Shattenkirk maybe, but only if you can get an extension agreed to in principle before you do the deal. Hamonic if Garth Snow is finally willing to talk forward for D. Or perhaps one of the MANY RFA defensemen they are unlikely to get: Ceci, Dumba, Gudbranson, Jones, Stone, Vatanen, Barrie, Ristolainen...

I expect none of this to happen but shopping at the top of the market is the way to go.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    The only free agent defenseman I'd go after is Yandle. Give Yandle $9 M a year. Whatever it takes.

Or trade a forward or the first rounder for a right-shot defenseman. Shattenkirk maybe, but only if you can get an extension agreed to in principle before you do the deal. Hamonic if Garth Snow is finally willing to talk forward for D. Or perhaps one of the MANY RFA defensemen they are unlikely to get: Ceci, Dumba, Gudbranson, Jones, Stone, Vatanen, Barrie, Ristolainen...

I expect none of this to happen but shopping at the top of the market is the way to go.
    I forgot about Yandle. I'll have to watch him play closer, all I know is that he can put up some offensive numbers - is he considered decent defensively? Is he a legit/semi-legit #1D?

Garth Snow will likely be looking for a replacement for Okposo, who I doubt will sign on the Island, but I don't think Hamonic put Edmonton on the list even though it's not far from Winnipeg.

One thing is for sure, this off-season will be an active one for the Oilers.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post

From all that I've seen, Yandle is not a great fit for Edmonton. Sure, he may be better than anyone they've currently got, but that's not saying a lot. He's not physical or defensively strong, in my opinion, and he seemingly doesn't always give it all he's got. Put him in a less than desirable losing environment in Edmonton, and you likely wouldn't get his best. Unless McDavid is enough to excite him into solid play.

If Hamonic is at all a possibility, I'd throw the kitchen sink at Snow to make that happen. Or hit up Chevy in WPG and get a 3 team deal going, involving Hamonic and one of the Jets' top right side D men. Shattenkirk would also be awesome for them.

Just my two cents. I'm sure there are a number of options. I just hope they finally do something of substance!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Unless Yandle can be a shutdown pairing and our plethora of left-handed dmen can figure out who can play the right side effectively I don't think he'd be worth the $$$ we'd have to pay him.
    Oil will explore the trade route to land a top 4 right handed dman.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year