Page 190 of 371 FirstFirst ... 90 140 180 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 200 240 290 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 5551

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by JohnScott AllStarMVP View Post
    What defines big change, moving one core piece?
    I'd consider that pretty damn big. If it really IS a CORE PIECE. I don't consider Yak a core piece unless he alone lands a future core piece.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    I'd consider that pretty damn big. If it really IS a CORE PIECE. I don't consider Yak a core piece unless he alone lands a future core piece.
    It's going to take way more than moving RNH for Trouba to push this team into challenging for a playoff spot. They still need an upgrade in goal, a better bottom six, and 2-3 quality dmen

Administrator

It's going to take way more than moving RNH for Trouba to push this team into challenging for a playoff spot. They still need an upgrade in goal, a better bottom six, and 2-3 quality dmen
    That would be one of the three though!
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    That would be one of the three though!

If the deal happens, and trouba isn't a guaranteed top pairing guy. They should get better for RNH

Dobber Sports Deity

At this point, why not. We can always use more crap.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EdmontonO...6161581056?p=v

The #Oilers have claimed forward Adam Cracknell (Vancouver) and defenceman Adam Pardy (Winnipeg) off waivers.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

I like the 5 moves Chiarelli made in the last 48 hours.

Purcell for a 3rd- we knew he was moving on, I thought they could have gotten a 2nd but a 3rd is an OK return.
    Schultz for a 3rd- basically highway robbery. I actually hope Schultz gets his game in form and becomes a legit NHL D-man but it can't happen in Edmonton at this point, I figured we'd get a 5th so a 3rd is very good return IMO.
    Nilsson- nice to get something for a guy we signed for nothing, he wasn't in the plans long-term.
    Broissoit signing- 2 years $775 AAV, 1-way. Great deal IMO, he's progressed nicely and the team is showing more faith in him, cheap enough he can be sent back to the AHL if he struggles or they want him to play more games.
    Davidson- 2 years $1.45 per. Now that's a steal IMO, guy is progressing towards being a top-4 Dman and is a regular NHL D-man, great signing by Chiarelli.

I don't expect the team to make any major moves today, perhaps Yakupov is dealt (Anaheim, Nashville?) which I'd consider a mid-major move. Another darkhorse name I keep hearing is Mark Fayne getting shipped out.
    This offseason one of Eberle or RNH is gone IMO plus something else to bring in 2 quality Dmen. Chiarelli is going to have a lot of cap space and full power to deal anyone he wants and he will, the team hasn't won as is and Chiarelli has no loyalty to any player within the organization (which is a good thing).
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Initiate

I just read, via CBS, that Pouliot may have a seperated shoulder and may be done for the season, can anyone confirm this?
    On a fantasy hockey break.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Potatoeman View Post
    I just read, via CBS, that Pouliot may have a seperated shoulder and may be done for the season, can anyone confirm this?
    I read earlier about the separated shoulder part and that he would be out more than "day to day" but nothing has been confirmed (that I have read) about being out for the rest of the season. God knows I follow enough Oilers info on twitter and I would think I would have read that by now. John Shannon has stated that he "could be" lost for the season but again, nothing confirmed on that as of yet. FWIW, it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case though. The Oilers snagging Cracknell of waivers today could play into that.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I read earlier about the separated shoulder part and that he would be out more than "day to day" but nothing has been confirmed (that I have read) about being out for the rest of the season. God knows I follow enough Oilers info on twitter and I would think I would have read that by now. John Shannon has stated that he "could be" lost for the season but again, nothing confirmed on that as of yet. FWIW, it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case though. The Oilers snagging Cracknell of waivers today could play into that.
    Considering that I was sort of counting on him and his elevated production with McDavid to help me get passed the first round of my loser playoffs, pardon my Quebec roots when I say : TABARNAK!!!
    On a fantasy hockey break.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    On the drive home yesterday after the game I heard McLellan say that they were going to be without Pouliot for "some time" I read in that it would be a few weeks which at this point could make it a season ender.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Titan

Schultz must have been considered a core piece.

Who would have figured one of the big 3 not being moved.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Schultz must have been considered a core piece.

Who would have figured one of the big 3 not being moved.
    I don't know anyone who closely follows the Oilers who thought they would move a large asset today. That's a draft or summer move.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I don't know anyone who closely follows the Oilers who thought they would move a large asset today. That's a draft or summer move.
    True enough. I did hope for someone like Fayne or even Nikitin to be moved but it is what it is. Yakupov was another consideration but I think once Pouliot went down last night, that limited their chances of moving him at the deadline.

Dobber Sports Ace

I'm watching Tradecentre and Chiarelli just said that they have made a trade but that he couldn't announce it yet.

*EDIT*

They Acquired Patrick Maroon from the Ducks.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Did you expect this to all happen yesterday? These things take time, unless you are in panic mode, then you will get taken to the cleaners. This is not our fantasy leagues. I'm not sure they need an upgrade in goal - upgrading the D and getting the right mix of puck movers and bashers will help the defensive game. Where is Chiarelli going to find 2-3 quality Dmen? If they are quality Dmen, their current teams have no interest in trading them for "Oiler junk" or if they are UFA, there are several other teams interested in their services and they would much rather go anywhere but Edmonton. Tough sell at the moment. This isn't going to be an overnight transition from complete shit team to playoff contender. Most Oiler fans realize this and are willing to be patient.

If the deal happens, and trouba isn't a guaranteed top pairing guy. They should get better for RNH
    Is RNH as good or better than Ryan Johansen? I would say no, due to Johansen's enticing combination of size and scoring ability (at least that's what the girls say). If Oiler brass thinks Trouba is worth a shot, then I say it's worth a shot. Not too long ago, Trouba was (or maybe still is?) untouchable in trade talks.