Page 189 of 370 FirstFirst ... 89 139 179 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 199 239 289 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 5550

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Rylant

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    Good read.... its obvious to me watching games that faceoffs and getting possession is key, if you are constantly chasing you will eventually get running around and out of position. I believe McDavid has the same type drive as Crosby and will work at improving in the dot to become one of the top faceoff guys in the league which will change things considerably. They've been relying on Letestu for PP faceoffs and while he has very good % overall, he constantly gets muscled in the corners for puck retrival and they lose possession, and he is not the only one guilty of this. They need changes.. I'm confident PC will do that this summer. We have the assets to pull it off and I think next year will be the year we turn it around.
    That's the main reason Letestu gets PP time, much like Gordon did last year. They needed to put them out to try and win the offensive zone draw.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

Chiarelli talks to media about his busy day dealing Schultz, Purcell and Nilsson and what might come up going forward.

https://twitter.com/GlobalEdmonton/s...57842403098625

.@EdmontonOilers GM Peter Chiarelli speaks about trading Nilsson, Purcell and Schultz #yeg #yegsports

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Did the Oilers scrap and replace their scouting department when they made sweeping changes last year? I assume so (they totally should have). Just curious.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Did the Oilers scrap and replace their scouting department when they made sweeping changes last year? I assume so (they totally should have). Just curious.
    What a great question.. I think we all could have been hired and been able to do a much better job..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    They sure did.

https://www.nhl.com/news/oilers-fire...eport/c-771584
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Edmonton Roadrunners

C(3): Tavares, Couture, Girgensons
    LW(3): Helm, Ott, Soderberg
    RW(3): Ryan, Gallagher, Simmonds
    F(3): Hemsky, Paquette, Markus Granlund
    D(6): OEL, Gudas, Johnson, Savard, Quincey, Wideman
    G(1): Halak, Smith, Lindback
    Bench: Stoll, Stajan, Mckenzie, Pulkkinen

Prospects(10): Straka, Chartier, Crouse, EK Eriksson, Tuch, Koekkoek, Max Reinhart, Zboril, Bibeau, Jarry

RIP- Phil Philthy Animal Taylor- September 21, 1954-November 11, 2015.

Banned

Oilers again just shuffling secondary pieces, so boring, chiarelli needs to move a big piece and send a message

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by JohnScott AllStarMVP View Post
    Oilers again just shuffling secondary pieces, so boring, chiarelli needs to move a big piece and send a message
    I'd say that will happen this summer. Hard to move the big pieces in the middle of the season.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I'd say that will happen this summer. Hard to move the big pieces in the middle of the season.
    Thats been the story for 3 years

if if it doesn't happen this summer it never will

Dobber Sports Superstar

Thats been the story for 3 years

if if it doesn't happen this summer it never will
    Well, most of that time, there was an different regime at the controls.

Trade-deadline deals tend to be mostly rentals for prospects/picks. Not always, but most of the time. I wouldn't want to negotiate a deal involving one of their big guns under a countdown clock.

RETIRED

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    Well, most of that time, there was an different regime at the controls.

Trade-deadline deals tend to be mostly rentals for prospects/picks. Not always, but most of the time. I wouldn't want to negotiate a deal involving one of their big guns under a countdown clock.
    thsts been the story for years too

Dobber Sports Ninja

thsts been the story for years too
    Tell us something we didn't know Captain Obvious (I love those commercials!). If you've been listening to Chiarelli's interviews lately, there is most definitely big change coming to this team. The previous regime was far from legit, Chiarelli is. Wait out.

Dobber Sports Deity

I know, it's a rumor, but if you were PC, would you trade RNH for Jacob Trouba? My opinion, yes.

https://twitter.com/GordStelIick/sta...11218185547781

Chiarelli is kicking tires on a trade for Jets D man Jacob Trouba. Asking price? A certain 1st overall pick in 2011..

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I know, it's a rumor, but if you were PC, would you trade RNH for Jacob Trouba? My opinion, yes.
    Yes. RNH is a very good player, but I think the Oilers will be fine with McDavid and Draisaitl up the middle. They need to roll the dice that Trouba can fulfill his #1D potential. It makes sense, so I doubt it will happen! lol

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Tell us something we didn't know Captain Obvious (I love those commercials!). If you've been listening to Chiarelli's interviews lately, there is most definitely big change coming to this team. The previous regime was far from legit, Chiarelli is. Wait out.
    What defines big change, moving one core piece?