Page 181 of 370 FirstFirst ... 81 131 171 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 191 231 281 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 5550

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

The best player in the league is back tonight and is simply dazzling on the ice. He is unreal.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    The best player in the league is back tonight and is simply dazzling on the ice. He is unreal.
    I only watched about half of the game (too damn tired to make it through the whole thing, that's the downfall to being an Oilers fan on the East Coast) but the Oilers really played well as a whole, but McDavid definitely stood out. They dominated that first period but Korpisalo stood on his head.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I only watched about half of the game (too damn tired to make it through the whole thing, that's the downfall to being an Oilers fan on the East Coast) but the Oilers really played well as a whole, but McDavid definitely stood out. They dominated that first period but Korpisalo stood on his head.
    Yup I hear ya, I've been losing sleep for years being on the East Coast.... need to retire in the desert!!
    97 gave the whole team energy, and i hope its contagious! We need to finish the year on a big high, regardless of standings. This could be the "TSN turning point"
    16 GMs with 15 Keepers, Pts only, Top 9F,4D,1G count
    2020 & 2013 UFHL Champion

McDavid/Draisatl/Scheifele/Malkin/Marchand/
    Hall/Voracek/Nugent-Hopkins/Bergeron/Giroux

Hedman/Hamilton/Doughty/Ellis/Nurse

Grubauer

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Some people are slow to catch on (or they are living in denial), but by this time next year everyone will be on board with this statement.

If not for the injury, they'd already know it.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

question for you oilers fans.

Montreal decides they want to blow it up and rebuild.

They offer you Price for McDavid straight up.

Do you take the deal?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    question for you oilers fans.

Montreal decides they want to blow it up and rebuild.

They offer you Price for McDavid straight up.

Do you take the deal?
    For me, its a no. The Oilers goalies will improve as their D improves and until that happens, even Carey Price, abeit a huge upgrade, could have his issues in Edmonton.

I'd rather have McDavid and improve the D.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

It's not even guaranteed Price would be the same goalie after coming back from his injury. He most likely peaked last year.

Regardless, I wouldn't trade McDavid for anybody, let alone a goalie (a position that can be easily improved from a variety of sources). Goalies aren't that important if your team is good.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    For me, its a no. The Oilers goalies will improve as their D improves and until that happens, even Carey Price, abeit a huge upgrade, could have his issues in Edmonton.
    improving the D is independent of McDavid/Price, it can be done regardless.
    Current group of oilers forwards (minus mcdavid) + improved D + Price...that could be a team that makes the cup final next season. think of the Habs but with forwards that can actually score.

current group of oilers forwards (including mcdavid) + improved D + Talbot...maybe makes the playoffs, but probably out after a round or two.

obviously we're thinking longterm here but i think this might be one of those scenarios where both teams pass.

The Great One

The best forward in the world always has more value than the best goalie in the world.

When Crosby was at his peak, he would not have been traded for Lundqvist or Rask at their peak.

Although it is true that the Oilers could use an upgrade at goalie, if they really wanted an upgrade they could find it another way. They don't have to give up McDavid.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Some people are slow to catch on (or they are living in denial), but by this time next year everyone will be on board with this statement.

It's true. They are the late majority, or the laggards, of the NHL fanbase

Banned

are you saying he'd be regarded as the best player in the league if it wasn't for his injury? I don't think he would be Top 5 in scoring right now.

Regardless, he could end up being the best one day but I still give it to Sid until he gives it up, and EK65 is up there for me as always.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    are you saying he'd be regarded as the best player in the league if it wasn't for his injury? I don't think he would be Top 5 in scoring right now.

Regardless, he could end up being the best one day but I still give it to Sid until he gives it up, and EK65 is up there for me as always.
    yes, I am saying that. I think he would have been top 5 and possibly even win the scoring title if he had not gotten injured. Of course I have no way to prove that. But he currently has 15 points in 14 games. It took him four games to settle down and get used to the NHL (1 point in his first 4 games), but after that he was on fire and scored at least a point in every game but one prior to the injury, and had many multi-point games. I think he will continue on that pace for the rest of this season and end up with around 50+ pts in 45 games played. If he had played a full season, he would be up there with Kane, Benn, and Seguin.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Banned

yes, I am saying that. I think he would have been top 5 and possibly even win the scoring title if he had not gotten injured. Of course I have no way to prove that. But he currently has 15 points in 14 games. It took him four games to settle down and get used to the NHL (1 point in his first 4 games), but after that he was on fire and scored at least a point in every game but one prior to the injury, and had many multi-point games. I think he will continue on that pace for the rest of this season and end up with around 50+ pts in 45 games played. If he had played a full season, he would be up there with Kane, Benn, and Seguin.
    Unfortunately 50 points in 45 GP would still put him at a pace far lower than Kane, who is in god mode for some reason. So he basically had zero chance at the scoring title and wouldn't be up there with Kane. Also Karlsson is 2 points behind Seguin so he needs to be mentioned along with Kuznetsov.

but still, way too early to suggest he's the best player in the league, injury or not. He's just a rookie. You are entitled to that opinion though. I don't see how anyone is in denial if they don't share the same opinion. I think he will be better than Seguin and Benn no question. I'm still on Team Sid and he's had far worse teammates than McDavid has had so far in his early career.

I'd bet McDavid will finish with around 48-50 like you said but I also think he may get injured again. Just a wild guess.

also Eichel has been on fire as well and should be noticed.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Unfortunately 50 points in 45 GP would still put him at a pace far lower than Kane, who is in god mode for some reason. So he basically had zero chance at the scoring title and wouldn't be up there with Kane. Also Karlsson is 2 points behind Seguin so he needs to be mentioned along with Kuznetsov.

but still, way too early to suggest he's the best player in the league, injury or not. He's just a rookie. You are entitled to that opinion though. I don't see how anyone is in denial if they don't share the same opinion. I think he will be better than Seguin and Benn no question. I'm still on Team Sid and he's had far worse teammates than McDavid has had so far in his early career.

I'd bet McDavid will finish with around 48-50 like you said but I also think he may get injured again. Just a wild guess.

also Eichel has been on fire as well and should be noticed.
    Well, I only said McDavid would have a chance at a scoring title, just like Benn and Seguin do (and Kuznetsov/Karlsson). If McDavid played a full season, he would have obviously had to pick up the pace to beat Kane (or Kane would have to slow down). This is only conjecture on my part, but I wonder if McDavid would be even better (have a higher scoring pace) if he played a full 82 games instead of only 45 games.

Regardless, even if McDavid played a full season and didn't win the scoring title, I'd still think he was the best player in the league. I think he is the best player in the league right now, and he won't be anywhere near the top of the scoring race. I just think that by this time next year, McDavid will be healthy and near the top of the scoring race (if not at the very top), and then the consensus will be that he is the best player in the league. We will never have complete agreement because even at his peak, not everyone thought Crosby was the best player in the game.

When I say McDavid is the best player in the league, I am basing that on watching him play. He is just so dynamic and can do things that no other player in the league can do. He combines Kane's stickhandling with Crosby's hockey tenacity/doggedness and Seguin's speed. No player has the combination of skills that McDavid possesses, rookie or not.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Well, I only said McDavid would have a chance at a scoring title, just like Benn and Seguin do (and Kuznetsov/Karlsson). If McDavid played a full season, he would have obviously had to pick up the pace to beat Kane (or Kane would have to slow down). This is only conjecture on my part, but I wonder if McDavid would be even better (have a higher scoring pace) if he played a full 82 games instead of only 45 games.

Regardless, even if McDavid played a full season and didn't win the scoring title, I'd still think he was the best player in the league. I think he is the best player in the league right now, and he won't be anywhere near the top of the scoring race. I just think that by this time next year, McDavid will be healthy and near the top of the scoring race (if not at the very top), and then the consensus will be that he is the best player in the league. We will never have complete agreement because even at his peak, not everyone thought Crosby was the best player in the game.

When I say McDavid is the best player in the league, I am basing that on watching him play. He is just so dynamic and can do things that no other player in the league can do. He combines Kane's stickhandling with Crosby's hockey tenacity/doggedness and Seguin's speed. No player has the combination of skills that McDavid possesses, rookie or not.
    So much lol to all of this. Kid put up a 3 point game against the hands down worst team in the league starting a second string AHL goalie. His "amazing" goal was against 2 of the worst defencemen in the NHL. Good? Yep. Really good? For sure. Great even? Hell yea hell yea. Best player in the league? No. Not close to that status yet.