Page 177 of 371 FirstFirst ... 77 127 167 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 187 227 277 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 5551

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Edmonton is 4-7. If that's the "difference" you're looking for, well all the power to you
    Make it 5-7 after Flames game tomorrow night.

The Great One

Edmonton is 4-7. If that's the "difference" you're looking for, well all the power to you
    Good job focusing on one part of my comment and taking it way out of context.

As I said in my second sentence, the results aren't always positive (in terms of wins and losses), but the on-ice effort is much better. They are showing some character, and battling hard against some tough teams that in the past walked all over them.

I also explained "after" the part you bolded all the ways that McDavid has made a difference.

Honestly, I don't expect Edmonton to be a playoff team, but as long as the effort is there and there are signs that they are improving, I am optimistic that this team will be a playoff team in the next 2-3 years and a Stanley Cup contender not long after that.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports All-Star

The coach needs to pin that A on his jersey now, that way it won't look too awkward when they pin the C on him after Christmas. Nobody deserves it more on that roster right now.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Good job focusing on one part of my comment and taking it way out of context.

As I said in my second sentence, the results aren't always positive (in terms of wins and losses), but the on-ice effort is much better. They are showing some character, and battling hard against some tough teams that in the past walked all over them.

I also explained "after" the part you bolded all the ways that McDavid has made a difference.

Honestly, I don't expect Edmonton to be a playoff team, but as long as the effort is there and there are signs that they are improving, I am optimistic that this team will be a playoff team in the next 2-3 years and a Stanley Cup contender not long after that.
    Sorry. Should I have focused on the part where he's already the best player in the NHL after 10 career games played? Because that was just as ridiculous.

The Great One

Sorry. Should I have focused on the part where he's already the best player in the NHL after 10 career games played? Because that was just as ridiculous.
    you really can't read very well, can you?

I said he is already "one of the best" players in the NHL...not "the best" player in the NHL.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I agree that McDavid is already one of the best players in the league...
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    McDavid is already the best player in the league. Wouldn't be surprised to see him win the Art Ross by the end of the year. The years of being an annoying and cocky Oiler fan are not far away. I've suffered through enough.
    sarcasm or nah?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Talbot has to have that seeing eye shot from the corner, come on man!

This isn't the same old Oilers of the last dozen years or so. Things look to be turning around in Edmonton. I don't expect it to be smooth, nor do I expect them to make the playoffs this year. I'm just happy that they seem to have their front office issues sorted out. It will take a little time to turn around something that has stunk for so long.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Genius

Ugh Talbot is killing me. I didn't think a goalie could have such a bad SV% three nights in a row

Dobber Sports Genius

They need to find 1 or 2 reliable D-men and Talbot has to show more consistency....time to shop Eberle? Leon is doing great...so Ebs could be on the block...
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Deity

Talbot wore his Ben Scrivens costume last night I see. Ugh.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

I've only had a chance to watch bits and pieces of Oilers games this year. Anyone with insight into Talbot? Thoughts on whether Edmonton will try to re-sign him, or is it was too early to tell if he has the potential to be a number one goalie?

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by CHunter View Post
    They need to find 1 or 2 reliable D-men and Talbot has to show more consistency....time to shop Eberle? Leon is doing great...so Ebs could be on the block...
    Definitely. You'd think Nashville and Edmonton would make great trading partners

Dobber Sports Monster

Talbot ticked me off when he let in that goal with 8 seconds left against the flames i believe?

oilers just cant catch a break. i think draisaitl will have a big night. he should, stepping up in mcdavids absence

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Talbot ticked me off when he let in that goal with 8 seconds left against the flames i believe?

oilers just cant catch a break. i think draisaitl will have a big night. he should, stepping up in mcdavids absence
    On the other hand, they will likely be drawing the opponents' top defenders without McDavid there, and Draisaitl will be playing C and not wing. I'd temper expectations.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    On the other hand, they will likely be drawing the opponents' top defenders without McDavid there, and Draisaitl will be playing C and not wing. I'd temper expectations.
    2 pts tonight book it. All because I traded him is why he is doing so good lol