Page 170 of 370 FirstFirst ... 70 120 160 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 180 220 270 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 5550

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

For me, in order, I would prefer:

Lack
    Talbot
    Niemi (now if Todd McLellan prefers Niemi, then I'll defer to him!)
    Lehner
    Markstrom
    Scrivens

Administrator

I want whichever goalie comes without giving a decent asset. No sense giving up legit talent unless you are getting something hands down proven.

I have been joking for a while that the Oilers are going to give Niemi $6M a year to be the 20th best starter in the league and I'm so fine with that.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Right now, I would rather have Niemi, Lack, Talbot or even Markstrom. I think Lehner is an improvement over Scrivens, but I don't think the upgrade is worth what Ottawa is likely to ask for a return. I think the goalie market is pretty soft right now. There are lots of options out there, so the Oilers don't have to operate from a position of desperation.

Rylant
    Chiarelli said it himself in the link I posted earlier; it's a buyers market. There are more goalies available than teams needing them. They don't need to break the bank to bring in an improvement here, but if there's one that they really like and feel he's the right guy, then go get him.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'm super excited for the draft and free agent period to see what moves Chiarelli makes. One thing I had forgot about is that the Free Agent "Interview Period" begins on Thursday (June 25th) the day before the draft. Given that the Oilers top assets are the 16th overall, 33rd overall and 57th overall if the Oilers are going to trade for a goalie I would suspect one of those picks is involved (although you can always trade the player you get presuming the team you're trading with likes him.) I'll be super interested to see if we hear about Oilers brass meeting with Niemi on Thursday/Friday morning and how that meeting may affect what they do at the draft Friday/Saturday.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Superstar

Oilers have named Jay Woodcroft and Jim Johnson as Assistant Coaches. They were McLellan's assistants in San Jose. Don't know anything about them but presumably McLellan was confident in them and knows how to work with them.

http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=772288
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

as expected:

Chiarelli says flat out they are not trading the 16 for a goalie.

Dobber Sports Deity

Glad to hear Chiarelli is sticking to his guns on that 1st round pick. Too high of a pick to spend on a goalie. Buffalo is out to lunch sending that 21st overall for Lehner/Legwand.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

I dunno, I'd move #16 for Lundqvist or Price or Rask...

Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I dunno, I'd move #16 for Lundqvist or Price or Rask...

Well, I guess, if we had to.

Dobber Sports Deity

Eddie Lack has always been the guy I've hoped would end up in Edmonton. Even though Benning doesn't want to deal a goalie in the division, I am hoping the musical goalie chairs stops and he's left with few other options.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Eddie Lack has always been the guy I've hoped would end up in Edmonton. Even though Benning doesn't want to deal a goalie in the division, I am hoping the musical goalie chairs stops and he's left with few other options.
    i'd rather sign niemi (for free, even if you have to overpay for shorter term) and then try and draft someone like samsonov.

i dont see lack as a starter unless he is insulated on a good team. oilers need a legit #1 or they need to focus on fixing their D or any goalie they bring in will be a failure.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    i'd rather sign niemi (for free, even if you have to overpay for shorter term) and then try and draft someone like samsonov.

i dont see lack as a starter unless he is insulated on a good team. oilers need a legit #1 or they need to focus on fixing their D or any goalie they bring in will be a failure.
    You could say the same thing for Talbot, Lehner, Jones, etc but yet all of them were considered to be trade bait coming in.

All in due time and you can only do one thing at a time. I expect the Oilers to fill some serious D holes via FA and possibly more trades.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post

In a perfect world I'd love to get both Niemi and Talbot and then waive, trade back or buy-out Scrivens. I think Niemi and Talbot(or Lack, though I agree they won't trade him in division) would be one hell of a platoon.

also, HAPPY MCDAVID DAY!!!!!
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Glad to hear Chiarelli is sticking to his guns on that 1st round pick. Too high of a pick to spend on a goalie. Buffalo is out to lunch sending that 21st overall for Lehner/Legwand.
    With that said, what if Chiarelli ends up drafting Samsonov at 16?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    With that said, what if Chiarelli ends up drafting Samsonov at 16?
    I don't think he will but hard to say.