Page 169 of 371 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 179 219 269 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 5551

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

That'd be quite the gamble for the Sens to roll with Lehner/Hammond/O'Connor, IMO.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Yeah, i'm just gonna not reply to you about this anymore.

Edit: actually I will, since I like to teach the uneducated. Price had a career 915 save percentage at the same age as Lehner. Both won Calder Cups, and both were Calder Cup MVPs. A league average save percentage (not true, that would be less than .910) is really good for a very young goalie.
    http://www.quanthockey.com/TS/TS_SavePercentage.php

BIG EV EXPOSED!

Woah. Last two seasons, the league average for save percentage has been 0.914 and 0.915. Also for the last 2 seasons (Where Lehner has played the majority of his games) his Sv% is actually 0.910, which is noticeably below league average.

As for Price, his Career SV% was 0.916 in his 23 year old season and league average was 0.913. So he was above league average. That was also in 206 games versus...uh....86. And in his 23 year old season his Sv% was 0.923, and again, the league average was 0.913. So um. Significantly better. Damn Ev, wish you hadn't *exposed* me like that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    http://www.quanthockey.com/TS/TS_SavePercentage.php

BIG EV EXPOSED!

Woah. Last two seasons, the league average for save percentage has been 0.914 and 0.915.

As for Price, his Career SV% was 0.916 in his 23 year old season and league average was 0.913. So he was above league average. That was also in 206 games versus...uh....86. And in his 23 year old season his Sv% was 0.923, and again, the league average was 0.913. So um. Significantly better. Damn Ev, wish you hadn't *exposed* me like that.
    Right. Keep on looking up the stats while I have civilized discussions with normal posters. Buh bye!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Right. Keep on looking up the stats while I have civilized discussions with normal posters. Buh bye!
    Wasn't stats your argument for why Lehner is so attractive? His stats are below average.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by marshal View Post
    That'd be quite the gamble for the Sens to roll with Lehner/Hammond/O'Connor, IMO.
    if they believe in Lehner then I'd be fine rolling with that. All he has to do is play average and they'll be fine. As teams gets better, they don't need to rely on elite tending. Trading Anderson would free up money to make the rest of the roster better. The way they played in the second half, they would have won with Lehner as well. Plus, they got elite goaltending from Anderson at the beginning of the year but it resulted in nothing.

so it is a gamble but I'd be confident that one of Lehner/Hammond would take the reigns, but I have always maintained that Lehner will be good with lots of starts

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Wasn't stats your argument for why Lehner is so attractive? His stats are below average.
    I only referred to one stat. I care about the talent and pedigree, not about what his stats are at 22 playing behind a tire fire the last two seasons.

the only thing I am worried about is some attitude rumours I've heard, but not really worried.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Think about it - wouldn't any team love to grab a Robin Lehner with their 1st round pick this year or next? He's definitely worth more than what Bishop got when he was first traded to Ottawa. What goalie or player are you gonna draft that has his experience, pedigree, and upside?

Um... Ottawa didn't even grab him with their OWN 1st round Pick in 2009, and with just over a season's worth of Games Played, 86 (a that's played... not started) 6 years later and still not a starting job has he won/earned...

This is me "Think(ing) about it"... That's hardly a resume to warrant another team loving the opportunity to give up a 1st round pick(plus you suggest) when he's failed to become the "Golden Boy" Ottawa had hoped for when they selected him mid way through the 2nd in 2009 as a prospect.

I'm not following your analysis and/or justification (besides being an Ottawa Homer... with all do respect).

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by marshal View Post
    Safe to say that the Sens extended Anderson long-term based in part for their uncertainty regarding Lehner. But yet he'd make an ideal starting candidate for the Oilers when he can't trump Anderson for the starter's role...?

Lehner could very well be an upgrade over Scrivens/Fasth, but I'm inclined to think that Chiarelli wants more consistent stability in net. Don't see how Lehner provides this. If the Oilers did seek to acquire Lehner, I don't see how he'd cost much. With Anderson, Hammond and now O'Connor signed, Lehner becomes the odd man out and teams are aware of this.
    well said Marshal.

Maybe I'm Wrong, but I don't see the Oil taking a chance on another backup tender who, IMO has yet to live up to his perceived potential.

- - - Updated - - -

Anderson could be the odd man out as well. He'd be perfect for the Oilers. I think they signed Anderson to what they did because it also makes it easier to trade him. According to all sources though, Lehner has more value than Anderson.
    Out of the two, I agree that Anderson is the better target. But not sure we’ll see either in an Oiler’s sweater any time soon.

Dobber Sports Deity

Good media scrum with Chiarelli today. Lots of solid questions from the media about the Oilers leading up to the draft.

http://video.oilers.nhl.com/videocen...830297&lang=en
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Good media scrum with Chiarelli today. Lots of solid questions from the media about the Oilers leading up to the draft.
    I watched the entire clip. Love what I heard from Chiarelli. Just the way he handles/talks to the media, it screams professional and confident. So stoked with the changes so far.

Dobber Sports Genius

It seems this is the first offseason in a while where the organization and it's fans can proclaim much optimism for the future and not have any doubt to the statement.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rainydrinkwater View Post
    It seems this is the first offseason in a while where the organization and it's fans can proclaim much optimism for the future and not have any doubt to the statement.
    More-so, the haters don't even have much bad to say about this whole situation. They also realize that the Oilers appear to be in competent hands for a change.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Trust me. I know the pain. In the mid 1990's, Ronald Corey, Rejean Houle and Mario (effin) Trembley set the habs back a decade. Definitely a contrast to the outward perception the team is sending out now compared to the negative and juvenile Lowe/Mctavish show.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    More-so, the haters don't even have much bad to say about this whole situation. They also realize that the Oilers appear to be in competent hands for a change.
    And I think that scares the haters!!

Dobber Sports Star

Right now, I would rather have Niemi, Lack, Talbot or even Markstrom. I think Lehner is an improvement over Scrivens, but I don't think the upgrade is worth what Ottawa is likely to ask for a return. I think the goalie market is pretty soft right now. There are lots of options out there, so the Oilers don't have to operate from a position of desperation.

Rylant