Page 168 of 370 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 178 218 268 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 5550

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

I have a hard time seeing Edmonton move their 2nd first round pick for a goalie. The value just isn't out there.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I have a hard time seeing Edmonton move their 2nd first round pick for a goalie. The value just isn't out there.
    Maybe not for Edmonton, but I believe a team closer to contending may pay a 1st for Anderson, who has the fifth best save percentage in the NHL (minimum 100 games) since being traded to the Sens.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Maybe not for Edmonton, but I believe a team closer to contending may pay a 1st for Anderson, who has the fifth best save percentage in the NHL (minimum 100 games) since being traded to the Sens.
    You dont have to sell me on Anderson, I am a fan of his but the reality is, he's 34 years old and has a history of injuries. I have a hard time seeing any team kicking a 1st for him. The Sens have a better chance of getting a 1st for Lehner, and even then I don't see it. At least he has the upside that teams are looking for.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

You dont have to sell me on Anderson, I am a fan of his but the reality is, he's 34 years old and has a history of injuries. I have a hard time seeing any team kicking a 1st for him. The Sens have a better chance of getting a 1st for Lehner, and even then I don't see it. At least he has the upside that teams are looking for.
    Just speculating but why wouldn't a team like the Jets or Wild (if they lost Dubnyk) look at trading their 1st for a serious upgrade in net, regardless of Anderson's age? He hasn't played a ton of hockey in his career so the age is higher than his hockey age so to speak.

I think most people overrate 1st round picks, especially later ones. Replace "1st round pick" with "the player's name" and it's a different story to most people.

I also disagree with the notion people always use that a young team would not want to trade for Lehner and not a 34 year old like Anderson. I think it's the complete opposite. Like Buffalo or Edmonton - your team is shit, you need that veteran to save your ass on most nights and let your team grow.

The Great One

I believe Anderson's age is essentially a non-factor. He is 34 and signed at a reasonable salary until he is 37. Any team acquiring Anderson realizes he will only be a short-term option (as in 3 years), and he should be reasonably productive in those three years because most goalies can play well in their 30s.

The only time Anderson's age would be a factor is if he were an UFA and wanted a 6 or 7 year contract. Then his age would be a reason to avoid him.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Just wondering, what has Lehner done to prove ANYTHING in the NHL to date to warrant a 1st rounder? I doubt seriously that any team pays a 1st for either but at least one knows what they're getting with Anderson... All Lehner's been able to prove is that he's a very good AHL tender and has yet to live up to potential or grab the reigns of the Job he was supposed to own by now... or very soon. And now with Hammond coming on to the scene... I don't think Lehner's worth what Bishop managed to return (or am I totally missing something about Lehner? ... Seriously, am I missing something?... I gave up on him going in to last year and Have not watched him closely, but his #'s and ability to stay healthy leave much to be desired IMO).

Dobber Sports Padawan

Cowen isn't worth what he's being paid.
    but it's only $3.1 for 2 more years, not that bad, right? Right, guys?

/cries
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Just wondering, what has Lehner done to prove ANYTHING in the NHL to date to warrant a 1st rounder? I doubt seriously that any team pays a 1st for either but at least one knows what they're getting with Anderson... All Lehner's been able to prove is that he's a very good AHL tender and has yet to live up to potential or grab the reigns of the Job he was supposed to own by now... or very soon. And now with Hammond coming on to the scene... I don't think Lehner's worth what Bishop managed to return (or am I totally missing something about Lehner? ... Seriously, am I missing something?... I gave up on him going in to last year and Have not watched him closely, but his #'s and ability to stay healthy leave much to be desired IMO).
    Think about it - wouldn't any team love to grab a Robin Lehner with their 1st round pick this year or next? He's definitely worth more than what Bishop got when he was first traded to Ottawa. What goalie or player are you gonna draft that has his experience, pedigree, and upside?

He's had one injury in his career by the way. And a career .914 save percentage in 86 games. That's pretty good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopo View Post
    but it's only $3.1 for 2 more years, not that bad, right? Right, guys?

/cries
    If he rebounds, which I think he will, that's a good dollar amount. I'm a big Cowen fan.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Think about it - wouldn't any team love to grab a Robin Lehner with their 1st round pick this year or next? He's definitely worth more than what Bishop got when he was first traded to Ottawa. What goalie or player are you gonna draft that has his experience, pedigree, and upside?

He's had one injury in his career by the way. And a career .914 save percentage in 86 games. That's pretty good.

- - - Updated - - -

If he rebounds, which I think he will, that's a good dollar amount. I'm a big Cowen fan.
    He's got a league average save percentage in 86 WHOLE GAMES????? THAT"S SIMPLY AMAAAAAAZZZZIIINNNNGGGGGG

86 games is experience? League average numbers is pedigree?

Dobber Sports Padawan

As for Schneider he had more value at that time but wasn't all that proven either, so to speak, since he barely played a full NHL season.
    There was a lot going on with the Schneider trade that makes it not the best indicator of what a starter is worth on the market. One being that he wasn't really a starter yet; more of a 1B at the time (he'd never played more than 33 games in a season at the time). The other being that everyone knew Vancouver was over a barrel on a goalie trade. Ottawa has too many goalies, but the Hammond signing has not put Ottawa in the same position Vancouver was in with the Schneider and Luongo mess they made.
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    He's got a league average save percentage in 86 WHOLE GAMES????? THAT"S SIMPLY AMAAAAAAZZZZIIINNNNGGGGGG

86 games is experience? League average numbers is pedigree?
    Yeah, i'm just gonna not reply to you about this anymore.

Edit: actually I will, since I like to teach the uneducated. Price had a career 915 save percentage at the same age as Lehner. Both won Calder Cups, and both were Calder Cup MVPs. A league average save percentage (not true, that would be less than .910) is really good for a very young goalie.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Yeah, i'm just gonna not reply to you about this anymore.
    No more meaningless stats to provide then? Makes sense.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    No more meaningless stats to provide then? Makes sense.
    See my edit. I guess Price was nothing special with his 915 save percentage.

RATAYLOR EXPOSED AGAIN.

Face it. These goalies are 22-23 years old. Expecting them to give more than league average numbers is asking for a lot.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Safe to say that the Sens extended Anderson long-term based in part for their uncertainty regarding Lehner. But yet he'd make an ideal starting candidate for the Oilers when he can't trump Anderson for the starter's role...?

Lehner could very well be an upgrade over Scrivens/Fasth, but I'm inclined to think that Chiarelli wants more consistent stability in net. Don't see how Lehner provides this. If the Oilers did seek to acquire Lehner, I don't see how he'd cost much. With Anderson, Hammond and now O'Connor signed, Lehner becomes the odd man out and teams are aware of this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by marshal View Post
    Safe to say that the Sens extended Anderson long-term based in part for their uncertainty regarding Lehner. But yet he'd make an ideal starting candidate for the Oilers when he can't trump Anderson for the starter's role...?

Lehner could very well be an upgrade over Scrivens/Fasth, but I'm inclined to think that Chiarelli wants more consistent stability in net. Don't see how Lehner provides this. If the Oilers did seek to acquire Lehner, I don't see how he'd cost much. With Anderson, Hammond and now O'Connor signed, Lehner becomes the odd man out and teams are aware of this.
    Anderson could be the odd man out as well. He'd be perfect for the Oilers. I think they signed Anderson to what they did because it also makes it easier to trade him. According to all sources though, Lehner has more value than Anderson.