Page 166 of 370 FirstFirst ... 66 116 156 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 176 216 266 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 5549

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

The Great One

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

I know he doesn't have a lot left to offer in the skill/offense department, but I'd actually quite like the Oilers to make an offer to St. Louis. As an UFA, maybe he'd want to finish his career in Edmonton, being a mentor to the young McDavid, Hall, etc.

He has won a Cup, has a great work ethic on and off the ice. I think he would be a very positive influence on the team, and they don't need him to be the offensive powerhouse he once was.

Maybe they can re-sign Roy for another year to continue the chemistry he has with Yakupov on the 3rd line?

Pouliot - RNH - Eberle
    Hall - McDavid - St. Louis
    Purcell - Roy - Yakupov
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I know he doesn't have a lot left to offer in the skill/offense department, but I'd actually quite like the Oilers to make an offer to St. Louis. As an UFA, maybe he'd want to finish his career in Edmonton, being a mentor to the young McDavid, Hall, etc.

He has won a Cup, has a great work ethic on and off the ice. I think he would be a very positive influence on the team, and they don't need him to be the offensive powerhouse he once was.

Maybe they can re-sign Roy for another year to continue the chemistry he has with Yakupov on the 3rd line?

Pouliot - RNH - Eberle
    Hall - McDavid - St. Louis
    Purcell - Roy - Yakupov
    St. Louis is a selfish little punk. He would take what little progress Edmonton has made so far and send them into a toilet bowl spiral.

Dobber Sports Ninja

St. Louis wants to be in NY city, not a northern wasteland...and I'm from Edmonton! lol Probably not a good fit.

The Oilers need to ensure that their bottom six guys are honest and hard-working, so that the young guys have something to emulate when they aren't "on" on any given night and have to battle through when things aren't bouncing their way. That and defense! I'm telling you guys, go after Mike Green. Guy can skate it out or pass it and he will really help that PP, just ask Ovie. The Caps PP is better when Green is on it, but they insist on throwing Carlson out there...for obvious reasons...they don't want to afford signing Green, who was making north of $6M. I've read that Green would love to re-sign in Washington, but I doubt he'll give them too much of a hometown discount. Wine and dine the guy and sell him on playing with an offensive-minded group of young forwards. Sure he has defensive issues, but pair him up with a responsible guy and protect him where you can and you get a guy who can skate/move the puck to those young studs up front. Franson would be good in my opinion as well. Completely miscast in Nashville. He'd be v.good in Edmonton I think.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

The Oilers should sign some hard working veterans upfront like Ward or Stempniak.. But what they need most is some hard nosed D-men.. Seabrook would be a dream.. Jackman would be geat signing.. I have a feeling they go after Paul Martin..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ninja

This place has too many toxic personalities for me to spend time here any more, but I just wanted to drop by and say that I look forward to the utter domination that is coming own the pipe from the Oilers in a couple years. The hate that exists now is nothing compared to what will be there in a few years once this team is really rolling. People will be foaming at the mouth, barely able to string together whole sentences, as the anger spews forth from them. It's going to be amazing.

A new era has begun and while the NHL has changed to the point where the glory days of the 80s are no longer possible, I think we're on the verge of seeing a team that could accomplish some truly special things.

It's been a decade since I felt this way about the team and this is only the start. I just watched both of the Erie-Soo games to watch Nurse go head to head with McDavid and was left in awe. Nurse was able to shut him down 5v5 for the most part but McDavid was completely unstoppable on the powerplay. Both of them are going to be incredible players.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    This place has too many toxic personalities for me to spend time here any more, but I just wanted to drop by and say that I look forward to the utter domination that is coming own the pipe from the Oilers in a couple years. The hate that exists now is nothing compared to what will be there in a few years once this team is really rolling. People will be foaming at the mouth, barely able to string together whole sentences, as the anger spews forth from them. It's going to be amazing.

A new era has begun and while the NHL has changed to the point where the glory days of the 80s are no longer possible, I think we're on the verge of seeing a team that could accomplish some truly special things.

It's been a decade since I felt this way about the team and this is only the start. I just watched both of the Erie-Soo games to watch Nurse go head to head with McDavid and was left in awe. Nurse was able to shut him down 5v5 for the most part but McDavid was completely unstoppable on the powerplay. Both of them are going to be incredible players.
    It seems like a lot of long-time forum members have been leaving lately. Very sad to see you go.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post

I guess I missed all this, hate to see you go Doulos.

I will be very interested to see what Chia does with the team over the course of the next few years. He has some amazing pieces in place but still needs some big ones in D and G. What he does to acquire those and how he manages the cap will go a long way towards what this team could be.

12 H2H Dynasty:
    S: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits
    G: W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    LW: Robertson, Debrincat, Gaudreau
    C: Matthews, Point, Kuznetsov
    RW: Kyrou, Toffoli, Rakell
    D: Chychurn, Krug, Gavrikov, Giordano, Liljegren
    W/FWD/Skt: JT Miller, Nelson, Farabee
    G: Bobrovsky, Swayman
    Bench: Horvat, Dach, Greenway, R. Smith, Stutzle, Kunin, Skjei, E. Johnson
    Farm: Johnston, Raty, Maccelli, Lysell, Quinn, Sandin, Brannstrom, Dostal, Forsberg, Gustavsson, Thompson

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Where are all my friends Shoe, McGooooooooooooooooooo, and doulos going??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ninja

@CanadiensMTL: "The way the players are treated. The way the organization is run. It was a real eye-opener. Everything in Montreal is first-class." - Petry

I pulled the above quote from the Eastern Conference - Montreal thread. They had posted a number of quotes from newly signed Petry. This one caught my attention and it means a great deal to me. Speaks volumes as to at least part of the reason Edmonton has trouble attracting top flight UFA's and why Alberta's capital end up on so many "no trade" lists. Hopefully, with Nicholson and Chiarelli now in the fold, Edmonton can change the culture enough to at least start enticing players to want to play in Edmonton.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    @CanadiensMTL: "The way the players are treated. The way the organization is run. It was a real eye-opener. Everything in Montreal is first-class." - Petry

I pulled the above quote from the Eastern Conference - Montreal thread. They had posted a number of quotes from newly signed Petry. This one caught my attention and it means a great deal to me. Speaks volumes as to at least part of the reason Edmonton has trouble attracting top flight UFA's and why Alberta's capital end up on so many "no trade" lists. Hopefully, with Nicholson and Chiarelli now in the fold, Edmonton can change the culture enough to at least start enticing players to want to play in Edmonton.
    When I first noticed that, I wondered if it was an innocent, albeit telling (at least in Petry's own mind) observation, or if it was a spiteful jab. Who knows?

Either way, I'm sure Mcdavid's potential alone will start to make Edmonton at least a little more appealing as a destination for players.

Dobber Sports Deity

I think the changes that have happened this off-season in Edmonton are pretty big. The new management team and head coach are a fresh breath of air and should change the attitude of players about what's going on there.

I don't blame Petry for being a tad bitter towards the Oilers. They would never really commit to him long term and pretty much paid him as if he was a lower level pairing Dman.

He's moved on and I know I have as well (as far as Petry is concerned). I wish him well in Montreal. At $5.5M, I am glad he's there and not in Edmonton for that type of money. I'll take the 2nd and 4th from Montreal and go from there.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Monster

Mark Spector ‏@SportsnetSpec 24m24 minutes ago

#Oilers fire assistant coaches Keith Acton and Craig Ramsay.

Dobber Sports Genius

The house cleaning continues. Not surprised, needs to be done and the organazition made it clear fans should expect big changes, and they're following through.

#whosnext?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    Mark Spector ‏@SportsnetSpec 24m24 minutes ago

#Oilers fire assistant coaches Keith Acton and Craig Ramsay.
    Not surprising when you hire a new Head Coach. The guy should be allowed to bring in his own Assistants.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post

It sounds like a jab at the Oilers but Petry; which is not surprising given the way he was treated by the team. Petry was strung along by the Oilers; with Mac-T constantly talking about "challenging" him on a 1-year deal; meanwhile Justin Schultz was given a 2-year deal and called a "future Norris candidate" by Mac-T. Compare that to a team that spends a decent amount of assets to trade for you, and then offers you basically the exact contract you wanted in free-agency, and its clear why Petry is more found of the Canadiens than the Oilers.

I think the reason the Oilers appear on no-trade lists is simple: They suck and have for some time. Given the choice between playing for a winning team and a bottom-feeder most players are going to go with the winning team. If the Oilers start to show actual progress they'll start to become a more wanted destination.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR