Page 146 of 371 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 156 196 246 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 5551

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by joeb323 View Post
    I like how this thread has essentially gone dead. You guys are probably like me - can't even stomach talking about the Oilers right now. What a mess this organization is. Even worse is that there is no end in sight to the misery. What did die-hard Oilers fans do to deserve watching a garbage team year after year after year? It's just sad.
    Too busy talking about them in the regular forums.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

Great read from Spector yesterday.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/d...-about-oilers/

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports All-Star

I always knew the Edm players were completely gutless, I guess it holds true for the coaches as well.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

The Great One

Social media (mostly twitter) is strongly suggesting that a Perron for Anisimov trade is imminent. Makes sense for both teams, so I think it will happen.

From the Oilers' perspective, it gives them a decent 2C with size who can play the PK and has a bit of offensive potential. I think that would be a good start, but we need a lot more to fix this mess.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Deity

I wouldn't mind a Perron for Anisimov deal, especially if it was a 1 for 1 deal, but I have a feeling CBJ is looking for more than just Perron for Anisimov. We will find out in due time. I think Anisimov would be a good addition for the Oilers.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I feel like Edmonton would be better served trading Eberle for Dubinsky than Perron for Anisimov. Edmonton needs more hard working, tough to play against guys like Perron and fewer dancers like Eberle.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I feel like Edmonton would be better served trading Eberle for Dubinsky than Perron for Anisimov. Edmonton needs more hard working, tough to play against guys like Perron and fewer dancers like Eberle.
    I doubt either team wants to make that deal. We know the Oilers value Eberle and Dubinsky is arguably Columbus' MVP. I know Johansen is the most skilled/talented player and a strong case could be made that Bobrovsky is more valuable than Dubinsky, but there is no doubt in my mind that Dubinsky is the heart and soul of that team and their struggles this year are largely due to Dubinsky being injured.

I definitely agree, though, that a player like Dubinsky is exactly what the Oilers need. Columbus was also a young team with lots of star potential and they added a strong goalie and Dubinsky (among other players), and shortly after they made the playoffs. They didn't draft Dubinsky or Bobrovsky, but they weren't afraid to make some big trades to fill the gaps.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I doubt either team wants to make that deal. We know the Oilers value Eberle and Dubinsky is arguably Columbus' MVP. I know Johansen is the most skilled/talented player and a strong case could be made that Bobrovsky is more valuable than Dubinsky, but there is no doubt in my mind that Dubinsky is the heart and soul of that team and their struggles this year are largely due to Dubinsky being injured.

I definitely agree, though, that a player like Dubinsky is exactly what the Oilers need. Columbus was also a young team with lots of star potential and they added a strong goalie and Dubinsky (among other players), and shortly after they made the playoffs. They didn't draft Dubinsky or Bobrovsky, but they weren't afraid to make some big trades to fill the gaps.
    I agree. Dubinsky is really the key to CBJ and probably one of the main reason they are still losing as much as they have been. They would have a harder time trading him then Edmonton would trading Eberle I believe. No doubt neither team wants to move either of these players.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post

I agree, Columbus probably wouldn't make that trade. And I guess Edmonton probably wouldn't either. The difference being Columbus probably shouldn't be interested in that trade, and Edmonton definitely should. Eberle isn't the problem with this team, but his game is the definition of all the problems with this team. He's soft, doesn't work hard, doesn't play hard, doesn't play defence, can only focus on offense, and even on offense he's not creating a lot.

I know he's injured, but I think once healthy, everything about Dubinsky's game and attitude is everything Edmonton needs. Hardworking, full effort, lunch pail dude.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I agree, Columbus probably wouldn't make that trade. And I guess Edmonton probably wouldn't either. The difference being Columbus probably shouldn't be interested in that trade, and Edmonton definitely should. Eberle isn't the problem with this team, but his game is the definition of all the problems with this team. He's soft, doesn't work hard, doesn't play hard, doesn't play defence, can only focus on offense, and even on offense he's not creating a lot.

I know he's injured, but I think once healthy, everything about Dubinsky's game and attitude is everything Edmonton needs. Hardworking, full effort, lunch pail dude.
    absolutely agree on all points...

players like Dubinsky (e.g., Callahan, Backes, Simmonds, Ott (in his prime), Brown) are very underrated when it comes to enabling their team to reach the next level. Their effort is infectious and they do so many of the little things well. Of course you need skilled players, but it is these players that set the tone.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

The Great One

Under normal circumstances I would be somewhat content with losing in OT in B2B games against two powerhouse Western Conference teams, but I no longer have patience for this team.

If it wasn't that we now have a serious shot at McDavid, I might even consider giving up on them completely. However, part of me keeps thinking that the more games we lose, the closer we are to McDavid, and he might finally be the player to turn this franchise around. Crosby saved Pittsburgh, so maybe McDavid can save Edmonton. Not that the franchise is in danger of folding, but we are absolutely the laughing stock of the NHL and as loyal a fan as I am, even I am having a hard time keeping any sort of faith right now.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Monster

10 straight losses. Sheeeiiiitttt.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Veteran

2 shorties on the same PP by the same player? Talk about getting that 10th straight loss in style, what a f'ing joke this team is.......I'm so sick of this pile of garbage posing as a hockey franchise. It's not even December and the season's been over for weeks now.....I think I'm finally had it and can no longer justify wasting my time watching awful game after awful game. Nothing ever changes with this team, and I've had it.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    2 shorties on the same PP by the same player?
    ...and the best part is the player was originally drafted by Edmonton in 2011. I actually don't mind losing another season to get just one more potential superstar player, but they still need a better supporting cast and actual defensemen and maybe a decent goaltender with promise. Take a chance and trade for a guy like Markstrom, but give him a decent goaltending coach. Can't cost much, what, maybe a middle round draft pick and what's the worst that could happen? We lose games by more goals? Oh well, bring on the best chances to add McDavid to your roster. I also wouldn't mind sacrificing Eakins, the guy just rubs me the wrong way (but the restraining order should sort that out!). I'm still hopeful, but I guess I'm an eternal optometrist, I always see the positive side of things. Yeah, I'm drunk again (not really).
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Deity

How much lower can ownership/management let this team go before it decides to make some serious changes.

This is just plain embarrassing.