Page 128 of 371 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 138 178 228 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 5551

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Some interesting points of notice for the Oilers so far as well:

http://oilersnation.com/2014/9/23/ed...rth-of-players
    Some really good points there. Tkachev is going to get a contract unless he really craps the bed tomorrow. Great to see Rimmer still up at camp.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I don't see Yakupov hitting Vanek type numbers for a few seasons, so I probably wouldn't do that deal unless the pick was crazy good.
    Thanks doulos!
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

Dobber Sports Ninja

I just want to reiterate how fun this time of year is. Watching the game last night was actually enjoyable, despite the really slow start for the Oilers. I'm going to revel in the fun part of being a fan for as long as I can this season.

Tkachev is stupid good at hockey, but he's so small. Not sure he'll ever crack the NHL, which is a real shame. Maybe in a few years he can bulk up about 30-40 pounds and have a shot. Would be a great story. 2 assist last night and seems to play well with Yakimov.

Yakimov has been the second best centerman for the Oilers all through camp, but I doubt he's seriously being considered for a roster spot. It really sounds like Draisaitl is going to get that spot despite looking invisible at times (and looking stellar at other times of course) Draisaitl looked exhausted last night already and we're not even through training camp.

Nugent-Hopkins looks unreal so far. Bigger, faster, more confident Yeah, only preseason etc etc. Don't care, he looks phenomenal.

Yakupov struggled early but then seemed to be a different player when Eakins moved him back over onto the right wing. Eakins mentioned after the game that think they will keep him there. Not sure what that means for the lines.

Schultz was his usual grab bag of good offense and suspect defense. He better perform well on the powerplay this year as I don't think he'll get the same rope at Extra strength with the extra guys they brought in.

Klefbom looks to be the better player out of the Nurse/Marincin/Klefbom battle, but they are all pretty close still. Should be interesting to see who gets that final spot. Keith Aulie is garbage.

Oh and Eberle sucks. He can get points but is not a very good overall hockey player. I've said it countless times, but if the Oilers could get value for him I think they would be a better team by moving him. Doubt it happens.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I've also said a million times that Eberle should be traded. He's got slick hands, and yeah, can put up points. Those attributes seem to blind the vast majority to the fact that he's just not great. I 100% legitimately believe the oilers would be better served rolling out

Hall-Nuge-Yak

over

Hall-Nuge-Ebs

and not just because I own them all in fantasy.

Administrator

I think that Eberle gets some slack for sentimental reasons (because of the world juniors goal) and the fact that he's been so productive. For me it's about the best use of your players. I don't think you can run out two one-dimensional right wingers in your top six without serious two-way centermen to make up for it. I move whichever one of Yakupov or Eberle gets you the better centerman. Don't care which.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

If there was any of the kids to be traded, I'd prefer if it was Eberle. I still think a lot of teams would pay a premium for him and would also help eleviate the glut of wingers the Oilers are swimming with.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

If there was any of the kids to be traded, I'd prefer if it was Eberle. I still think a lot of teams would pay a premium for him and would also help eleviate the glut of wingers the Oilers are swimming with.
    I'm with you 100%. I love Eberle, but he makes the most sense as the the kid to trade IMO....his value is much higher than Yaks, he's an undersized winger (which we have lots of), and he is the most likely to get a quality dman which is what we badly need. He's got a bigger contract that could be hard to move, but his annual cap hit is more than reasonable for a 65-70 point forward.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    I'm with you 100%. I love Eberle, but he makes the most sense as the the kid to trade IMO....his value is much higher than Yaks, he's an undersized winger (which we have lots of), and he is the most likely to get a quality dman which is what we badly need. He's got a bigger contract that could be hard to move, but his annual cap hit is more than reasonable for a 65-70 point forward.
    I'm going to go the other direction here. The only way I'm moving Eberle (or Yakupov) is for a centerman (or if a franchise defenseman somehow comes available, which it won't). The D depth is actually looking solid. Not sure any of the defensemen they might acquire are going to move the needle. Acquiring a centerman would absolutely move the needle considering the depth chart is:

Nuge

?

?

No really guys, who is playing center?

Draisaitl?

No, Leon, you aren't ready. We're done forcing our prospects to play at this level.

Arcobello?

Okay fine. Go get 'em, Leon.

Gordon?

We're ****ed.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Padawan

Tkachev signed this morning - all Oilers problems have now been solved.
    League 1: 16 Teams. 8 Keepers. Weekly H2H
    F (Start 6): Barkov, J.Hughes, Zibanejad, E. Kane, Buchnevich, Kopitar, Coyle, Trocheck
    D (Start 4): Josi, Hamilton, Toews, Hanifin, Pionk, Clarke, Korchinski
    G (Start 1): Vasilevskiy, Daccord

Point System
    G=2, A=1, D-man G/A=+1, PIM=0.5, +/-=0.5, Shot=0.1, PPG=1, PPA=1
    Goalie Points
    W=4, S= 0.14, GA=-1, OvertimeW=1, ShootOutW =1, ShutOut=2

League 2: 12 Team Dynasty League - 30 man roster plus 7 farm.
    Keep 20 + 7 farm. Weekly H2H Roto. G, A, Shots, Hits, Blocks, PPP, Goalie W, SV%, GAA. Forward Positional Requirements.

Dobber Sports Ninja

For the year 2018 ...

Hall-RNH-Yak
    Perron-Draisatl-Eberle
    Pouliot-Gordon-Purcell

Lines at the Oilers practice this morning.

Loving those lines.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I'm going to go the other direction here. The only way I'm moving Eberle (or Yakupov) is for a centerman (or if a franchise defenseman somehow comes available, which it won't). The D depth is actually looking solid. Not sure any of the defensemen they might acquire are going to move the needle. Acquiring a centerman would absolutely move the needle considering the depth chart is:

Nuge

?

?

No really guys, who is playing center?

Draisaitl?

No, Leon, you aren't ready. We're done forcing our prospects to play at this level.

Arcobello?

Okay fine. Go get 'em, Leon.

Gordon?

We're ****ed.

This is what I have been saying for ages now. The D isn't the issue any more. There is plenty of good young D in the system, it's just a matter of time and letting them develop into NHL D and not rushing them.

The issue with this franchise is the lack of depth down the middle and it needs to be addressed. Drafting Draisaitl is a good start but not the be all end all. There needs to be more. I am not even sure Nuge is a legit #1 NHL centerman.

The only way I would consider trading Eberle or Yak is if I am getting back a true legit top 6 centerman.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

This is what I have been saying for ages now. The D isn't the issue any more. There is plenty of good young D in the system, it's just a matter of time and letting them develop into NHL D and not rushing them.

The issue with this franchise is the lack of depth down the middle and it needs to be addressed. Drafting Draisaitl is a good start but not the be all end all. There needs to be more. I am not even sure Nuge is a legit #1 NHL centerman.

The only way I would consider trading Eberle or Yak is if I am getting back a true legit top 6 centerman.
    That's seriously underrating RNH. For a quick regional comparison, RNH is a better player at his draft year than either Monahan or Bennett was, and will be better than either in their prime. He's the real deal.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    That's seriously underrating RNH. For a quick regional comparison, RNH is a better player at his draft year than either Monahan or Bennett was, and will be better than either in their prime. He's the real deal.
    I don't think I am under rating him. I am not saying he isn't a skilled player but IMO he is a small center and lacks the size to be a true legit #1 in the Western Conference.

I don't think I am under rating him. I am not saying he isn't a skilled player but IMO he is a small center and lacks the size to be a true legit #1 in the Western Conference.
    Tyler Seguin - 6'1, 195 lbs.

Ryan Nugent Hopkins - 6'1, 192 lbs.

Clearly Seguin isn't a #1 center either