Page 126 of 371 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 136 176 226 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 5551

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

What else can you do at this point besides be optimistic until you can't.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    What else can you do at this point besides be optimistic until you can't.
    He's gotta say the right things to make up for his short-comings at the GM level.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Word out of Arizona is that ex-Oiler prospect Tobias Reider has a good shot at making the team this season. Ugh.

Administrator

Word out of Arizona is that ex-Oiler prospect Tobias Reider has a good shot at making the team this season. Ugh.
    To be fair that might speak more to how weak the Coyotes are looking than to how strong a player Rieder is but I get the sentiment. Pretty much everyone called trading Rieder a mistake the second it happened even though he wasn't a great prospect himself.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ninja

I don't think he was ever going to get a shot in Edmonton just due to the team makeup, but it just sucks to see a talented guy potentially pan out elsewhere.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Watched the Prospect Game last night. Sure was fun to see some hockey, even if it was mostly meaningless and half of the players were easing back into things.

Thought Tkachev was the best player for the Oilers by a big margin - at both ends of the ice. He made some great passes, but he also was totally backchecking in visible and effective ways. Really great start for him. Obviously these smaller guys shine in the Jr level type events with lesser skilled and smaller opposition.

Draisaitl did nothing to show me he was ready for the NHL, though he was suffering through cramps through most of the game. I get a sense that guys like him, Nurse, and maybe Chase, are sort of just easing back into things and should take it to another level at the main camp/preseason.

I tought Gernat was a gong show defensively. Liked to jump up into the play, and you can see he has some of that offensive awareness, but really struggled to actually play defense.

Bogdan Yakimov was solid out there as well, though I wonder if his play was because he was playing with Tkachev who was just amazing on the ice.

Broissoit only had like 3 shots on goal in the first period and struggled, but when it's your first game back and you don't get any shots it can be tough to get into a rhythym, so tough to really judge his performance.

Can't wait for the next game!

Dobber Sports Deity

Watched the Prospect Game last night. Sure was fun to see some hockey, even if it was mostly meaningless and half of the players were easing back into things.

Thought Tkachev was the best player for the Oilers by a big margin - at both ends of the ice. He made some great passes, but he also was totally backchecking in visible and effective ways. Really great start for him. Obviously these smaller guys shine in the Jr level type events with lesser skilled and smaller opposition.

Draisaitl did nothing to show me he was ready for the NHL, though he was suffering through cramps through most of the game. I get a sense that guys like him, Nurse, and maybe Chase, are sort of just easing back into things and should take it to another level at the main camp/preseason.

I tought Gernat was a gong show defensively. Liked to jump up into the play, and you can see he has some of that offensive awareness, but really struggled to actually play defense.

Bogdan Yakimov was solid out there as well, though I wonder if his play was because he was playing with Tkachev who was just amazing on the ice.

Broissoit only had like 3 shots on goal in the first period and struggled, but when it's your first game back and you don't get any shots it can be tough to get into a rhythym, so tough to really judge his performance.

Can't wait for the next game!
    Good update! Thanks!

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

I only caught the highlights as I had other things going on last night, but based on those, and the little bit of poking around I did, it sounds like Yakimov and Tkachev were the show again tonight. Yakimov in particular really impressed by all accounts.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Game last night was pretty entertaining. I thought that the Oilers exited well from their zone and moved the puck well in the opposition zone. Yakimov seems to be "on a mission".

Hunter's hit on Kessy was huge. Surprised Kessy was vertical after that one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gegKrqUHdNU

Gaudreau and Bennett looked very good and the game could have been a bit different if the Flames hadn't been so undisciplined. Thought Rimmer played well.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Tkachev got an invite to main camp. Oesterle is looking good. Yakimov is a beast. Rumours burbling about Oilers poking around Boychuk's doghouse again. I love this time of year. It's coming up Millhouse right now - reality will come punch me in the solarplexus soon enough, but it's always fun in September.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Boychuk makes sense for the Oil to go after. Obviously, the Bruins are going to be reluctant to deal him, but hey, they can't sign Krug and Smith without moving someone out.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Boychuk makes sense for the Oil to go after. Obviously, the Bruins are going to be reluctant to deal him, but hey, they can't sign Krug and Smith without moving someone out.
    Hopefully they can get him cheap.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

Interesting comments by Dallas Eakins today during an interview.

https://twitter.com/EdmontonJack/sta...72522035138561

"We have two NHL centre men right now, and I have no idea who the other two will be."---Dallas Eakins.

Dobber Sports Ninja

He's in for a shock when he realises that's all he's getting this year.

Dobber Sports Deity

He's in for a shock when he realises that's all he's getting this year.
    No shit.