Page 120 of 371 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 130 170 220 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 5552

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    That would just throw things seriously out of whack because now you've eliminated a large portion of what makes RNH threatening from the right side, which is his shot. Not only that but now you've put your last line of defense (Schultz) in an awkward position shooting across his body on one-timers.
    I thought what makes RNH a threat was his passes? MTL starts his PP with Markov on the left side and SUbban on the right. Then they usually switch once they've gained possession.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Umm. I think his standing shot is his most lethal weapon. His wrist shot is just as lethal as his one timer. But I think he is more dangerous with zone pressure than off the rush.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    I thought what makes RNH a threat was his passes? MTL starts his PP with Markov on the left side and SUbban on the right. Then they usually switch once they've gained possession.
    Teams will just take away the passes if you can't shoot. Being able to move quickly from the half-wall into that prime shooting area is what opens up all of the lanes. Much more difficult for a lefty to move into that location quickly and get off a shot from the left side than it is for a lefty on the right side.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Teams will just take away the passes if you can't shoot. Being able to move quickly from the half-wall into that prime shooting area is what opens up all of the lanes. Much more difficult for a lefty to move into that location quickly and get off a shot from the left side than it is for a lefty on the right side.
    RNH has a pretty sick wrist shot. Super fast release and it is really deceptive.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    RNH has a pretty sick wrist shot. Super fast release and it is really deceptive.
    That's what I'm saying, he has a really good shot, which is part of why he's so great setting up on the right half-wall. Add in the playmaking and it's a great spot for him.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Umm. I think his standing shot is his most lethal weapon. His wrist shot is just as lethal as his one timer. But I think he is more dangerous with zone pressure than off the rush.
    Thanks. I own him in a couple leagues, just trying to get a better handle on his production - what I should be watching for etc.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy1982 View Post
    Thanks. I own him in a couple leagues, just trying to get a better handle on his production - what I should be watching for etc.
    Eakins need to put him in a better position to succeed. Lol.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Eakins need to put him in a better position to succeed. Lol.
    Yeah I have Yak and Perron - and I formerly had RNH - I find myself watching more Oilers hockey than I would otherwise, just trying to figure out how Eakins is using (or mis-using) these guys.

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Yeah I have Yak and Perron - and I formerly had RNH - I find myself watching more Oilers hockey than I would otherwise, just trying to figure out how Eakins is using (or mis-using) these guys.
    It's party on Yak. He needs to shoot more and use his teammates better. But I don't feel Eakins puts Yak in positions where he can be most successful (Ovie can't play defense, but gets 10 PP/min per game because of his shot) things like that. Not saying Yak is Ovie, but not letting Yak play offense because you don't like that he isn't Bergeron defensively is setting him up to fail not succeed.

Dobber Sports Veteran

It's party on Yak. He needs to shoot more and use his teammates better. But I don't feel Eakins puts Yak in positions where he can be most successful (Ovie can't play defense, but gets 10 PP/min per game because of his shot) things like that. Not saying Yak is Ovie, but not letting Yak play offense because you don't like that he isn't Bergeron defensively is setting him up to fail not succeed.
    I know the hope (around here) is that the Oilers will fire Eakins and give the reins to someone who loves Yakupov's offence, but is that really the better solution?

Is Yakupov better off to see the Oil stick with Eakins, and hopefully the stability makes everyone better, or should I hitch my buggy firmly to the "Fire Eakins!" camp?

I know the hope (around here) is that the Oilers will fire Eakins and give the reins to someone who loves Yakupov's offence, but is that really the better solution?

Is Yakupov better off to see the Oil stick with Eakins, and hopefully the stability makes everyone better, or should I hitch my buggy firmly to the "Fire Eakins!" camp?
    I'm personally hitched to the "Trade Yakupov" camp. I think an Eakins firing is two years away at least, as the Oiler's attempt to search for stability. Tough to say if that is the smart call or not. I think the only way Eakins gets fired is if Edmonton somehow does even worse next year.

Administrator

I'm personally hitched to the "Trade Yakupov" camp. I think an Eakins firing is two years away at least, as the Oiler's attempt to search for stability. Tough to say if that is the smart call or not. I think the only way Eakins gets fired is if Edmonton somehow does even worse next year.
    I'm in the same camp. Too many similar players to Yakupov in Edmonton to really maximize his worth. I mean, it's all well and good to say the Oilers need to make better use of him but it's hard when he's so redundant. At the same time, they've reduced his value so much by not showing off how good he can be that it's a wonder if they'll get fair value in return.

I'm in the same camp. Too many similar players to Yakupov in Edmonton to really maximize his worth. I mean, it's all well and good to say the Oilers need to make better use of him but it's hard when he's so redundant. At the same time, they've reduced his value so much by not showing off how good he can be that it's a wonder if they'll get fair value in return.
    This is part of the reason I think they should keep Yak and trade Eberle.

As in I think the best thing for the Oilers is to trade Eberle. The best thing for my fantasy team is a Yak trade.

I (hope) I'm correct in assuming we agree Eberle is pretty bad defensively. Yak isn't good there either. So if you keep one and trade one, you are keeping them for their offense.

I think Eberle has way more trade value than Yak. I also think Yak is a far superior offensive player to Eberle, even if his points haven't shown it.

But as a Yak owner, I wish he could get out of Edmonton.

Administrator

I think Eberle has way more trade value than Yak. I also think Yak is a far superior offensive player to Eberle, even if his points haven't shown it.
    That's where we'd disagree. I'm not sure Yakupov is better than Eberle offensively.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'd be all in on trading Eberle as well, but mainly because he would get a much better return than Yakupov. However, this year is so key in all of these young guys figuring things out.