Page 103 of 370 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 113 153 203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 5550

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

I'm not sure I can even really comprehend how much of a disaster this weekend was for the Edmonton Oilers.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Master

So I was watching the post game with Eakins and he was going on about how everything went wrong and it was a shame after they had been playing so well recently.

I don't know that going .500 to that point in the month on a fairly weak schedule is something to be proud of... especially not 2 days after they lost (at home) to a Sabres team that official wrote off this season last June and had no Vanek, no Moulsen, and no Miller.

That said, I don't think it would have been productive to say what he really thought about the team at that point.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Monster

Another thumping in progress. 5-1 Sharks at the moment. Not as bad as the beatdown they took from Calgary though. In a 1.5 games ( at the moment) they've been outscored 13-2. Yes, thats a in 1.5 games. Wow.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    Another thumping in progress. 5-1 Sharks at the moment. Not as bad as the beatdown they took from Calgary though. In a 1.5 games ( at the moment) they've been outscored 13-2. Yes, thats a in 1.5 games. Wow.
    Dog pile!
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'll admit that I thought the hiring of Dallas Eakins (Akins, not Eekins) was a good thing, but then I heard him speak and saw some things that made me have second thoughts. Does he have any other look but pissed off. Does he ever say anything positive? I get that your team (and mine) sucks, but that constant negativity just drives people around you down and down until they can't take anymore and snap. Maybe it's a player throwing a water bottle down on the bench and you get sprayed with water. Big frigging deal dude, it's WATER, but you would have thought the suit was ruined with the way Coach Eakins reacted. Way overboard, get a grip man, just ignore it and address it AFTER the game, maybe have one of your assistant coaches talk to Hall on the bench. Plus Eakins sounds like a robot. No robot has done anything good. Look what they did to the auto industry and the postal service, putting thousands of low-skilled, overpaid manual labourers out of work. Robots. Sheesh.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Deity

Bring on the draft!!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Ekblad please.
    10 Team Yahoo Roto
    Keep 3F, 1D, 1G (to max 2 years unless franchise keeper)
    3C,3LW,3RW,4D,2G,2BN,2IR Roto-play 85games/position
    Player: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, HIT, BS SOG, FW
    Goalie: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: (F1) Tavares, Stastny, Carter
    LW: 1-Hall, Pacioretty, B.Schenn
    RW: Mackinnon, Nyquist, Hornqvist
    D: 1-Carlson, Josi, Faulk, Franson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    BN: Jones, Niemi

#- denotes number of years I have kept a player. 2 = I need to trade him this year, (F1) = Franchise Keeper, up to 4 years.

Dobber Sports Star

Oilers blew it tonight. Not only could they not get Smyth his powerplay goal, but they won the one game they were supposed to lose! It's going to be tough to land Ekblad now.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Ekblad would have been nice, but whoever they draft isn't going to be the answer to the Oiler problems, Ekblad included. You look at how long it takes some highly touted defensemen to actually become impact players and you're looking at a few years before he would even be a difference maker for them.

I would think they end up with Draisaitl, and that's fine too.

I like their goalie situation right now, but they need a guy to play top pairing on the blueline, probably a whole new third line, and then if they can move Gagner, they can replace that 2nd line C position. Tons of work for MacTavish ahead, and likely they will end up picking up bits and pieces and hoping the young kids can get it done again, because filling the top D or 2C spot with decent FA acquisitions is just not going to happen in Edmonton.

I doubt the team makes the playoffs again next year.

The Great One

Whether the Oilers get Bennett, Ekblad, or Reinhart, they are going to end up with another elite prospect. Heck, I have a sneaky feeling that they end up winning the draft lottery again (we will find out tomorrow!).

All that said, I would really like to see the Oilers deal the pick for an immediate impact player (ideally a defenseman), but I doubt that happens.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

The Great One

With the defense, patience is key. I really like the potential Klefbom and Nurse have, but they can't be rushed. They really need to find a solid pairing dman via trade somehow. They aren't given away, but when I think that the Rangers got McDonagh via trade, there is some hope the Oilers might get lucky that way too, if they at least tried. I'd really like to see them deal the first round pick for a prospect that is further ahead in development, but has perhaps fallen out of favor a bit with the current franchise. I have no specific names in mind, but maybe someone like Reinhart from the Rangers or Gormley from the Coyotes, Cowen from the Sens, etc.

I just look around the league and I see so many quality blueliners who developed within the system; I just wish the Oilers had that luck. Players like Ekman-Larsson, Gudas, McDonagh, Brodin, etc.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Administrator

It's Ekblad or bust! I could see their top pick packaged with one of their forwards in a splashy deal.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    It's Ekblad or bust! I could see their top pick packaged with one of their forwards in a splashy deal.
    It is a very weak draft for dmen, unfortunately. At least in the first round. I could see lots of interest from teams drafting later in the first round to move up in the draft in the hopes of grabbing Ekblad.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Spezza!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Spezza!
    I had this thought too. I'm not a fan by any means, but he definitely fills a need of a skilled C with size. Unfortunately, he doesn't help in the physicality or 2-way play departments.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon