Page 10 of 371 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Pro

Incredibly unlikely the trade gets reversed. If a ruling goes against the Oilers they'll prolly owe compensation in the form of a draft-pick, and some kleenex for Deano.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Ace

Default oilers rookie camp roster

http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...&seasonid=7786

here is the oilers prospects roster

there are a lot of guys on that last that im really that im really excited to see how they progress this year.

toni rajala- i think this kid could turn into a late steal and looks like he is ready to commit to the North America. He completed his stint with the finish army and still had a decent year in the SM-Liga. He did have good numbers previously in the WHL so maybe he could make an impact in OKC this year

martin marincin- i think this is a huge year for the kid. with a good camp he could possibly secure a spot in OKC and start playing against men. he was on fire to begin the year with PG and trailed off at the end. if he can find some consitency in his game i think he would only be a few years out of the NHL.

tobias rieder- before the oilers drafter him i had no idea who he was. after reading a lot of articles about this kid i have seen a lot of praise from his coaches.

anton lander- i have a gut feeling that he maybe the reason why RNH doesnt make this team. everything i saw from the rookie developmental camp had arrows pointing the right way. i think he would fit in nicely on the 3rd with omark and MP. my guess is that he is our leading scorer in this tourney and comes into camp with an extra step on everyone
    10 Team Yahoo Semi Keeper H2H Daily lineups (Keep 5 Vets & 5 Rookies), Play 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G daily

C-Giroux, Matthews (R), Petterson, Barzal (R)
    LW-Rakell
    RW-Tarasenko, Aho (R), Boser (R)
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

G, A, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, +/-, GWG, SOG, Hits, Blocks, PIM
    Wins, Saves, Goals Against, Shutouts

Rookies Eligible till 170 GP

Dobber Sports Ace

what a game last night. so good to watch hockey again and at least we finally saw an oilers team win even though it means nothing.

i was really impressed with the obvious candidates like lander and RNH. I thought u could really tell how Lander played with men before. I didnt know he had that quick of a release and every time he shot the puck it went upstairs. It looked like this kid is really gonna make a strong case for the 3rd line center this year. When we drafted him they said he would be a defensive spe******t and not much more, but to me he looks like he could chip in 20-25 goals once he gets used to the NHL game. RNH was slick and has eyes on the back of his head. Everything scouts said about him was displayed last night. Alot of the depth players really impressed me. Drew Czerwonka looks like he would be an excellent grinder and energy player. I thought Reider was extremely strong on the puck and showed a lot of strengh down low in the corners.

On the defensive side of things i thought they were really rusty and sloppy in the first period. After that they seemed to really calm down and take control of the game. Marincin was a rock back there and made a lot of good decisions. Once his game develops i think he could be a solid #3 guy that can play the PP. Fedun was maybe the most impressive guy out there for me and showed a lot of poise with the puck. He made excellent decisions and was great when carrying the puck into the zone.

All in all i was pleased to see the young kids play that way. If only the parent team could do that. LOL. I cant wait to see calgary on wed.
    10 Team Yahoo Semi Keeper H2H Daily lineups (Keep 5 Vets & 5 Rookies), Play 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G daily

LW-Rakell
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

Dobber Sports Pro

Yeah it was a pretty impressive game by the youngsters. Vancouver carried the game early but once Edm got some momentum it wasnt even close. My observations;
    -Ive seen RNH live many times and his speed still surprised me tonight, he seems to have gained a step this summer. Or the close up camera just tricked me, either way he was the fastest guy on the ice with or without the puck. Great passes, strong on the fore-check, very effective 1 on 1 without the puck. He even threw some hits in the opening shift. He was getting doubled shifted for the first 40mins, game was out of hand by the 3rd.
    -db87 already covered Lander, Fedun and Marincin, and I agree they were very noticeable. Marincin's reach is almost unfair, he looked like he was beat wide a couple times then that long stick comes flying out and ends the play. He has a rocket of a shot as well.
    -The Finn, Tyrvanen, was very noticeable. He has a reputation in the SM-Liga as a bit of a wild player and it seems well earned. He took en elbowing penalty on his first shift on what was a clear high hit, he was battling in front of the net all night, giving some stick work to the Canucks D. He's the exact kind of player the Oilers have missed for so long. Barring injuries he's AHL bound but he's made an impression so far.
    -Curtis Hamilton was really good. Scored a weak goal but was robbed on a perfect RNH pass minutes later so it evens out. He's a very well rounded player.
    -Olivier Roy let in a goal early but played great afterwards. He didnt face much action after the first period but he had to make some incredible saves on defensive breakdowns.

I could probably ramble on this all day, so ill just stop now before this post takes up a whole page.
    Next up; The Jets rookies, Tuesday night.
    Last edited by donions; September 12, 2011 at 2:58 PM.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Ninja

Agree with everything said here but wanted to add that Martindale, from start to finish, looked quite good. His skating is pretty blah, but aside from that I liked what he showed out there on a consistent basis.

Dobber Sports Ninja

RNH looked pretty comfortable in his first preseason game and the line of him, Smyth and Eberle were dangerous at several points on the night. Looking forward to seeing more from him.

Khabibulin was absolutely brutal and Dubnyk just HAS to start on Game 1 this year and if Renney is even halfway smart (which he is) he'll get the most starts this season regardless of how the team is doing. Tyler Bunz even looked better than Khabibulin last night and though he just got sent down to Medicine Hat this morning he'll have an excellent chance of shining at the World Jr and in my mind has already surpassed Olivier Roy.

I didn't see much of the Wild game (since both were on at the same time), but from the highlights and chatter the Swedes all lined up together (Paajarvi, Lander, and Omark) and had some great chemistry. Lander is in really tough to get a spot on the roster this year, but he's looked 100% ready at every step so far. So who knows how that pans out.

Same deal for Hartikainen. He was one of the best Oilers on the ice some games in his brief time with the Oilers last season and he's picked right up from that point again. But where is there room for him? The Oilers have some really tough choices to make this preseason.

Defense is going to be the massive issue for the Oilers this year again anyways and there are no real solutions for the team there. The only bright spot in Peckham mashing anyone that gets in his way.

Dobber Sports Genius

That's cool. I may have to draft him if he's on that line during the season. From what you saw doulos... Does he belong in the NHL?
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Ninja

Up to this point absolutely. But the quality of competition is still quite low up to this point.

He's on the same line in camp this morning as well (with Smyth and Eberle)

Dobber Sports Ace

I sadly didnt get a chance to watch either of the games but if the line of smyth, RNH and eberle can continue like this i think RNH has a better chance at making this team. From the highlights and comments RNH played amazing but it is only the first pre season game and CHI didnt dress much of a lineup.

Part of me is hoping that RNH doesnt make the team only to allow Lander a roster spot. I think that all Swedish line would be amazing with a little bit of everything. MP and Omark have developed amazing chemistry and Lander would be a very welcome addition to this line.

Thats good to hear Peckham had a good game. Renny tried him out on the right side with Smid to see how he would do over there. Smid has stated repeatedly that he doesnt like playing his off side. If Peckham can continue to excel there i think that would be an amazing shutdown pair that knocks everybody on their ass.

I wish that Teemu would make this team i just dont think he will fit anywhere. With all the additions this off season its gonna be tough for him to get a shot. I think he would fit in nicely on the 3rd/4th but their is really no room for him and its better for him to be playing top line minutes in OKC then to sit in the press box. I cant wait to go to the game on Sunday. Hopefully the oilers dress a decent lineup. I would love to see them mop the dance floor with the shames.

LW-Rakell
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    RNH looked pretty comfortable in his first preseason game and the line of him, Smyth and Eberle were dangerous at several points on the night. Looking forward to seeing more from him.

Khabibulin was absolutely brutal and Dubnyk just HAS to start on Game 1 this year and if Renney is even halfway smart (which he is) he'll get the most starts this season regardless of how the team is doing. Tyler Bunz even looked better than Khabibulin last night and though he just got sent down to Medicine Hat this morning he'll have an excellent chance of shining at the World Jr and in my mind has already surpassed Olivier Roy.

I didn't see much of the Wild game (since both were on at the same time), but from the highlights and chatter the Swedes all lined up together (Paajarvi, Lander, and Omark) and had some great chemistry. Lander is in really tough to get a spot on the roster this year, but he's looked 100% ready at every step so far. So who knows how that pans out.

Same deal for Hartikainen. He was one of the best Oilers on the ice some games in his brief time with the Oilers last season and he's picked right up from that point again. But where is there room for him? The Oilers have some really tough choices to make this preseason.

Defense is going to be the massive issue for the Oilers this year again anyways and there are no real solutions for the team there. The only bright spot in Peckham mashing anyone that gets in his way.
    This reaffirms a lot of what I had been suspecting. Especially that Khabi is brutal and Bunz is our best goalie prospect at this point.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    This reaffirms a lot of what I had been suspecting. Especially that Khabi is brutal and Bunz is our best goalie prospect at this point.
    LOL i just read an article that said the fans booed Khabby after the 3rd goal. If he keeps this up the oilers are gonna start regretting not letting him walk when they had the opportunity. Oh well atleast the cops in EDM will be making their quotas and the bars on Whyte Ave are going to get a lot busier.

LW-Rakell
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

Dobber Sports Ninja

Only preseason. Only preseason. Only preseason. Ok it's out of my system.

After 2 periods in the Oilers vs Coyotes.

1. Hall streaks in on the right side and blows by the defenders, gets off a shot. RNH cleans it up and gets the goal.

2. RNH gains the zone and makes a brilliant pass to Hall who is flying down the right side and he lets loose a rocket of a shot and scores.

3. Eberle gains the zone, makes a pass to RNH and from his knees he drops the puck back too Hall perfectly who rips it into the goal.

Wow. RNH and Hall look perfect together right now.

Dobber Sports Ace

lol i watched the last half of the first and the second at work and just wow. those kids look amazing together. RNH is so good with the puck and always makes smart decisions. I love Hall's comments after the game where he said, I dont even have to tap my stick on the ice, i know RNH is gonna feed me the perfect pass. I wasnt a supporter of RNH in the bigs this year but if he continues this play through the first 9 games i dont see how we can send him down. He has been playing way to good. Also i wonder how much time Gagner has left as an Oiler, if he doesnt play well when he gets back from his injury it could mean this is his last season in Edmonton. With lander playing so well theres not much room anymore

LW-Rakell
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

Dobber Sports Ace

other than the oilers playing a shinny game with 3 d for half of the game, the most noticeable players for me have been....

petrell-this guy has been all over the ice and does all the little things right, he is great on the pk and is hitting everything in sight.

omark-for me it looked like he was playing how he always does, he was trying to do to much IMO and was being all fancy and constantly losing the puck. then he comes out with a beauty goal and a nice assist. lol what a guy

hemsky-looks like for now he is playing at 100%. he is back to his usual self, it seemed like tonight he was looking to shot a bit more which is a great thing, the guy has a cannon of a wrist shot and should use it more often.

Paajvari-this guy can fly, always noticeable on the ice just because he skates like the wind. i cant wait till his hands get a bit better. you can tell he already has better hands then a cogliano of lombardi, he just needs a couple more years

all of the oilers centers- what a difference winning faceoffs makes. its not like they have dominated all game but its sure nice to see them gain control of the puck in both zones.

if the oilers can play like this with hardly any of their stars i cant wait to see when the full lineup is in

LW-Rakell
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

Administrator

Gagner is a no brainer to be traded, just saying. I'm not sure where the deal is but teams will definitely pay to acquire talented centermen. Just hoping the return is a solid defenseman. Ideally something with Nashville for one of their plethora of defensemen.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg