Page 90 of 607 FirstFirst ... 40 80 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 100 140 190 590 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 9093

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Administrator

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=392199

Four candidates contacted so far: Marc Bergevin, Pat Brisson, Julien Brisebois and Claude Loiselle. Glad to see they're focusing on people that have proven themselves in their NHL positions rather than player sideshows.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=392199

Four candidates contacted so far: Marc Bergevin, Pat Brisson, Julien Brisebois and Claude Loiselle. Glad to see they're focusing on people that have proven themselves in their NHL positions rather than player sideshows.
    Pat Brisson has my vote.
    Named 12th most powerful agent in sports! I don't know a lot about the guy but his wikipedia page sounds convincing enough to me!

I'm sure he could drive a hard bazargain.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by robmyatt View Post
    Pat Brisson has my vote.
    Named 12th most powerful agent in sports! I don't know a lot about the guy but his wikipedia page sounds convincing enough to me!

I'm sure he could drive a hard bazargain.
    The vibe I'm getting overall is that Julien Brisebois will be the guy.

Administrator

Some stats on Gabriel Dumont and Robert Mayer:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...02&encode=TRUE
    http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...TRUE&pid=90938

On Dumont:

The stats are not great but there really isn't much down in Hamilton to work with. Expect him to take the dreaded "five shifts per night" role that Cunneyworth loves to give to young players.

On Mayer:

He isn't the #1 goalie in Hamilton, as 27 year old Nathan Lawson has played the 1A role. Mayer is 21 though and might have a future if he can overcome the odds and make his mark in the AHL soon. The fact that Mayer was called up leads me to believe that he will get a start, likely tomorrow night in the second half of the B2B. He could even start Saturday if all goes well. I just can't see him being called up like this unless the team planned to use him.

Dobber Sports Padawan

The fact that Mayer was called up leads me to believe that he will get a start, likely tomorrow night in the second half of the B2B. He could even start Saturday if all goes well. I just can't see him being called up like this unless the team planned to use him.
    Mayer was called up because he is the only healthy goaltender in the system. He might see some action, but it wasn't the main reason for his call-up. The Bulldogs had to sign a goalie on a try-out to fill-in.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    Mayer was called up because he is the only healthy goaltender in the system. He might see some action, but it wasn't the main reason for his call-up. The Bulldogs had to sign a goalie on a try-out to fill-in.
    That's actually pretty interesting. I wonder how AHL teams fill in those voids. I know the NHL can bring in someone off the street, but with Mayer in Montreal till Sunday morning they need an actual goalie down in Hamilton.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Damphousse announced that he will not seek the GM job for the Habs, claiming that he wants to focus ont his family duties. Surprising,because I really tought that they were going to give him a role, either GM or assistant. He woud have been a good presence if Patrick Roy ends up behind the bench.

Administrator

Damphousse announced that he will not seek the GM job for the Habs, claiming that he wants to focus ont his family duties. Surprising,because I really tought that they were going to give him a role, either GM or assistant. He woud have been a good presence if Patrick Roy ends up behind the bench.
    That's a sheepish way of him saying he heard the team would not be contacting him.

Dobber Sports Padawan

That's a sheepish way of him saying he heard the team would not be contacting him.
    Or a preventive way out in case he is found guilty in his trial in December. He will fece charges of assault of his ex-wife. Not sure that Molson would be thrilled if his new GM was doing some time in jail...

Administrator

Or a preventive way out in case he is found guilty in his trial in December. He will fece charges of assault of his ex-wife. Not sure that Molson would be thrilled if his new GM was doing some time in jail...
    After Gauthier I think the fans are used to not hearing from the GM...

Administrator

A good summary of yesterday's win over the Lightning:

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/about-last-night-73

Administrator

Default Canadiens 1, Hurricanes 2 (SO)

In a nutshell, this was a dud of a game. It's pretty obvious that both teams are looking forward to the upcoming vacation. The game was sloppy from start to finish. The one very noticeable burst of energy from the Habs, from Blake Geoffrion, led to the team's only goal on a nice wrap-around to beat Cam Ward.

Peter Budaj did a good job keeping the puck out of the net but also looked very shaky at times. He puts himself in vulnerable situations a few times each game and this is what prevents him from being a good #1 goalie in the league. He is also a terrible stickhandler.

PK Subban had back-to-back penalties in the third. He played very little, if at all, after that.

Interesting stat of the game: Tomas Kaberle had a team-high five shots on goal.

Administrator

Default Maple Leafs 1, Canadiens 4

To me this game was more about how far the Leafs have fallen than it was about the Habs putting on a good show to cap off the year. The Leafs were pathetic on D, especially a certain overpaid former Canadien, as well as their captain. Their coverage on the breakaway goals by Tomas Plekanec and Erik Cole were telling of how poorly they played.

I thought Blake Geoffrion showed a lot of spark today. I liked his intensity and his work ethic. When he is really pushing himself he can overcome his lack of natural speed.

The top line was once again the leader, producing two of the four goals.

Tomas Plekanec was the first Hab in 29 years to score when two-men down on the PK.

Brad Staubitz scored his first goal with the team. I would not be opposed to re-signing him. He has brought a lot of good to the team because he simply does his job well. He also has some mild grinder qualities which can extend his role a bit beyond the typical enforcer role that only gets a few shifts per game.

Peter Budaj had a very good game. Nothing fancy, but just kept the puck out. He was getting into a rhythm with three consecutive starts.

Dobber Sports Padawan

It seems that Serge Savard's role with the team won't be limited to the search of the new GM. It was reported that Molson hired Savard as the new hockey operations VP. As such, he will be the direct boss of the new GM. Interesting twist....

Administrator

It seems that Serge Savard's role with the team won't be limited to the search of the new GM. It was reported that Molson hired Savard as the new hockey operations VP. As such, he will be the direct boss of the new GM. Interesting twist....
    It's an interesting twist, but a logical move given the role he is playing in the GM search. The new GM will be on the same page as Savard from the start so the president-GM dynamic should work out just fine. It's a short-term hire regardless because Savard is getting up in age.