Page 450 of 607 FirstFirst ... 350 400 440 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 460 500 550 ... LastLast
Results 6,736 to 6,750 of 9093

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Administrator

Default Re: Montreal Canadiens

It's only the media, politicians and a small minority of people that would actually care. But of course the media would make it look like there is widespread outrage.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by J0e Th0rnton View Post
    The demise of the team is the fact that management caters to the idiots who think they must always have a francophone coach. Push french players into positions they are not suited for(Desharnais was given top PP time for 30 games without registering a PPP 2 years ago)

They have to promote the Gars de Chez nous at all costs. Forcing Drouin into C when he is WORSE defensively than Galchenyuk.............Galchenyuk you could at least see was in his wheelhouse while playing c. bad defensively yes, but a threat. Drouin looks like a fish out of water at C. But they will keep saying "We have found our #1 C" and continue being racist/Prejudiced and demoting Galchenyuk because he is not french.

Until the team becomes business first, heritage and francophone second, they will continue to be a cluster#@$%^.

But when they hired Anglophones, they have protests outside the Molson center, Boycotts on Molson beer, and politicians bashing the move in the media.

Its insane. And my mom is Quebecois but even she thinks they are nuts.
    1. Drouin is not french, he's francophone. French is a nationality. Stop using the term to describe French Canadian/Quebecois. Is anyone calling you English? Nope, so stop it.

2. I agree that limiting your hiring to only francophones is dumb as ****.

3. Miraculously, Claude Julien is probably a top5-10 coach in the league IMO so that the francophone thing isn't so much of an issue there. Biggest issue is with the GM.

4. With that said, I always thought Julien Brisebois is going to make a great GM. He always comes off really smart in every interview plus he crafted his thing for a while now. He's probably ready to be a GM. But is he the best guy available? Probably not. But he's the best francophone option.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    1. Drouin is not french, he's francophone. French is a nationality. Stop using the term to describe French Canadian/Quebecois. Is anyone calling you English? Nope, so stop it.

2. I agree that limiting your hiring to only francophones is dumb as ****.

3. Miraculously, Claude Julien is probably a top5-10 coach in the league IMO so that the francophone thing isn't so much of an issue there. Biggest issue is with the GM.

4. With that said, I always thought Julien Brisebois is going to make a great GM. He always comes off really smart in every interview plus he crafted his thing for a while now. He's probably ready to be a GM. But is he the best guy available? Probably not. But he's the best francophone option.
    Too bad. Across Canada, a lot of us refer to french speaking people as "French"

School's across Canada still call it French immersion when we teach English kids French as a second language. I still call my mom(and she calls herself) French, as she is born and raised in Quebec. In Halifax, Haligonians called Drouin "French" when he played for the mooseheads. In Moncton, we called the Francophone girls from Mathieu Martin high school Dieppe we dated "French girls". We also called the francophone girls from Shediac "French girls".

In fact THEY all referred to themselves as French girls. They also refer to themselves as French girls in Bathurst, Tracadie, Miramichi and Edmunston.

So feel free to correct all the Francophone in the Maritime provinces since they refer to themselves as "french" when talking to English people(Yes we do call ourselves that by the way when talking to French people), and quite a few refer to themselves as Franglaise, including my Father in law.

Maybe it is a Maritime thing, but I guarantee nobody here would give a darn or bat an eye if you came complaining about it other than to tell you its normal and don't let it bother you.

The fact remains Drouin is not a Center, is worse defensively than Galchenyuk and will be given prejudiced unfair opportunity to fail over and over again simply because he is french.
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Expert

Too bad. Across Canada, a lot of us refer to french speaking people as "French"

School's across Canada still call it French immersion when we teach English kids French as a second language. I still call my mom(and she calls herself) French, as she is born and raised in Quebec. In Halifax, Haligonians called Drouin "French" when he played for the mooseheads. In Moncton, we called the Francophone girls from Mathieu Martin high school Dieppe we dated "French girls". We also called the francophone girls from Shediac "French girls".

In fact THEY all referred to themselves as French girls. They also refer to themselves as French girls in Bathurst, Tracadie, Miramichi and Edmunston.

So feel free to correct all the Francophone in the Maritime provinces since they refer to themselves as "french" when talking to English people(Yes we do call ourselves that by the way when talking to French people), and quite a few refer to themselves as Franglaise, including my Father in law.

Maybe it is a Maritime thing, but I guarantee nobody here would give a darn or bat an eye if you came complaining about it other than to tell you its normal and don't let it bother you.

The fact remains Drouin is not a Center, is worse defensively than Galchenyuk and will be given prejudiced unfair opportunity to fail over and over again simply because he is french.
    Don't worry, I correct everyone that makes that mistakes. One english at a time

Dobber Sports Stud

Don't worry, I correct everyone that makes that mistakes. One english at a time
    The best part is. I am half French, half Japanese

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Stud

I don't feel like going down that rabbit hole again, but I'll just say I think it's possible to be of the opinion that it is important for the coach and GM to be able to communicate in the language of the majority of the fan base (as does the Columbus GM and every other GM in the league, FYI) without being an "idiot."

Of course, it may be that I'm just too damned stupid to realize I'm an idiot. In which case, I guess ignorance is bliss.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

It's a business decision. Above all, this is the entertainment business. Period. You could argue there are more lucrative investments than a hockey team and that a bit of hobby is involved, but just look at the return on Molson's investment... The entertainment value of the organization goes well beyond the play on the ice. More important than winning games is making money. Alienating and/or offending a large portion of the market in order to chance putting some marginal points on the board is a very poor business decision. The team's been relatively competitive with the status quo coaching requirement, so to think that the sweet spot isn't aligned with the "heritage and francophone" interests of the overall market, as "J0e Th0rnt0n" put it, or that there is some feasibly beneficial and unrealized strategy change the organization is oblivious to, comes across as a bit ignorant.

Administrator

Just use Youppi as a translator

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Expert

The best part is. I am half French, half Japanese
    Where in France?

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I don't feel like going down that rabbit hole again, but I'll just say I think it's possible to be of the opinion that it is important for the coach and GM to be able to communicate in the language of the majority of the fan base (as does the Columbus GM and every other GM in the league, FYI) without being an "idiot."

Of course, it may be that I'm just too damned stupid to realize I'm an idiot. In which case, I guess ignorance is bliss.
    The focus should be on putting the best possible candidates for the Job of winning Hockey games. Language should have no bearing on the equation any more than Color of skin or Nationality should.

The fan base can listen to translations. I am sure they would rather that than see the team with one of the worst starts in history

McDavid C

Dobber Sports Stud

Where in France?
    Nope.

I know it irks you, so I am sorry, but it is completely normal outside of Quebec for people to call anyone who speaks french or is born in a French speaking community French. At least in the Maritimes.

McDavid C

Dobber Sports Deity

I do agree that Claude Julien is an excellent coach but there's always the chance that the players in place do no match the system he likes to coach and thus causing issues on the ice.

Maybe Julien isn't the right guy in Montreal and they need a different style of coach to coach the pieces already in place.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Just use Youppi as a translator
    I did!

Montreal Canadiens 2017 season

translation: Tabernac zut de lord!!!

Dobber Sports Expert

Nope.

I know it irks you, so I am sorry, but it is completely normal outside of Quebec for people to call anyone who speaks french or is born in a French speaking community French. At least in the Maritimes.
    It is actually really normal in Quebec too. It's just a common mistake that is actually based on past xenophobia. Francophones calling anglophones "Les Anglais" and vice-versa. I'm not taking it personal and it wasn't an attack on you. I'm just trying to make this thing go. It's a but diminutive to be identified with your language. Like I said, no one says that they are english. They are canadian,american or whatever. Anyway I'll move on.

Isn't the biggest concern here is actually Carey Price? He had an average season last year(forget those Vezina vote, he should not have been a finalist). If Carey Price is a .923 goaltender again, the Habs are in deep trouble(short & long term).

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I do agree that Claude Julien is an excellent coach but there's always the chance that the players in place do no match the system he likes to coach and thus causing issues on the ice.

Maybe Julien isn't the right guy in Montreal and they need a different style of coach to coach the pieces already in place.
    The Habs problem start at the top of the organization. From Molson allowing the Subban trade to happen, to Bergevin constantly lying to the fans and media.