Page 419 of 607 FirstFirst ... 319 369 409 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 429 469 519 ... LastLast
Results 6,271 to 6,285 of 9093

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Montreal Canadiens

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Martinsen > King > Flynn > Broom stick > Beau Bennett
    Quote Originally Posted by LeTrefle View Post
    Martinsen > McCarron > King > Flynn > Broom stick > Beau Bennett
    Haha awesome!

Martinsen > McCarron > King > Flynn > Broom stick > Beau Bennett > Michel Therrien's purple suits
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Price was left to dry in OT, feel bad for the guy.

Dobber Sports Monster

does carey re sign after next season? has to be frustrating for him.

Dobber Sports Master

Yuck. That sucked. If I am Carey, I don't re-sign with this joke of a hockey team. Without him, they are dreadful. Imagine the difference he would make on a contender. Imagine him with a team like Pittsburgh.. They'd go 82-0... This was just disgusting from midway of the second period onward..

Where the hell are you, Max Pacioretty? Weak effort on that breakaway.. No wonder Danault didn't pass it to you on the 2-1. At least he hit the crossbar.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Master

[QUOTE=rufio.85;1756112]Haha awesome!

Anyone>Martinsen > McCarron > King > Flynn > Mitchell > Pacioretty > Plekanec > Galchenyuk...

This team stinks. Seems like the only ones doing something out there are Radulov, Lekhonen and Byron. Occasionally Gallagher but even he gets overmatched a lot. Poor Carey.
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Bergevin should be fired, he's rode on Price's coattails long enough.

Dobber Sports Master

He's had a knack for interchanging 4th liners at the trade deadline.. that's it. Byron was a steal. Radulov a good signing... but he has ignored that this top 6 is way, way underwhelming for any team trying to be in the top half of offences. He has not come through like I thought he would. This core is aged, slow and not exactly full of offensive punch. I always appreciated Plucky as a player but at his age he can't do the same things he used to. Galchenyuk has not developed and Pacioretty is wearing some kind of cloak of invisibility. Bergevin HAS ridden the coat-tails of Price far too long. If I'm Price, I ask Poile if I can play in Nashville. They have great country music, my old buddy PK plays there and they actually have a decent team on the ice. In all seriousness, if I was Price, I would walk. As a loyal Habs fan over the years, I would not be upset one bit if he did, after all this.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Guru

We still have to see how this team responds, but I find MB is a hard GM to pin down. I've posted here before that I have no idea of his long-term plan.

But for four years he did nothing to put his own stamp on this squad. At the end of last season, the Habs best players were Pacioretty, Subban, Price, Galchenyuk, Pleks, Markov and Gallagher. Bergevin was only responsible for one guy: Galchenyuk, and that was the third overall pick in his first draft.

So last year, he went crazy and decided it was time to change the culture (which, by the way, he should have been doing the first four years on the job, but whatever). He traded fan favourite Subban for Weber. Brought in Shaw. Signed Radulov. So he went from a passive GM to seeming like he was over-compensating.

We'll see in the next few days how effective he was at changing the culture.

The biggest downfall of his tenure has been the Habs inability to develop talent. I blame that on Therrien as Therrien never liked to play the youngsters. Galchenyuk would toil on the third line wing for years, and now people are upset that Galch can't play centre effectively or win faceoffs. Maybe Galch should have been learning that slowly over the past five years. Instead, we had years of guys like Dale Weise on the top line.

But that's also on Bergevin, stupidly supporting Therrien despite people wanting Therrien gone for years.

So like I said, we'll see what happens. But I think the next game or two will go a long way to determining how we view Bergevin's tenure as Habs GM.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Ninja

Same Habs every year.... regular season warriors, playoff choke artists.

They simply don't have enough elite forward talent or depth to get over the playoff hump.

Dobber Sports Ace

The habs skaters were bad later in this game and in OT but what about the lady OT? It was all downhill toward the Rangers net. Montreal has outplayed and outskated New York for longer periods of time in total this series and both goalies have been excellent but Lundqvist has been far more the lifeline for his team but the narrative always remains the same.

I mean, the next step for will never come for this team unless Carey is at his very best but it's not 2014. Price had far from an MVP/Vezina season, and I know the division is relatively weak, but they won the division despite an average Price. Who did that? Michele Therrien? Lol.

Dobber Sports Stud

Watching from the other side of the rink here are a few things I have noticed in the Habs game.

Markov looks hurt. He just doesn't seem to be his usual nasty physical self. Then again he is 38 years old. Emelin showed more spunk and he just came back from being injured.

The captain is not even slightly physical. He seems to be a 1 dimensional player which won't cut it when he isn't scoring.

Radulov seems to be caught up in the chippy part of the series. He looks very motivated but I think MTL needs him to focus on offense, not stick swinging. He should be kept and resigned IMHO.

Not sure what coach is doing with Galchenyuk, nor the occasional brain freeze by the kid. So much talent, such potential, can't someone get up in his grill ?

The habs should not be looking to up the physical game, it seemed that they really came out for bear in game 5 but that it came back to haunt them. They were gassed by period 3 and made NY look very good over that period as well as the OT. NY was prone to turning the puck over yet it was NY miscues not the Habs forecheck that seemed to be the problem. All due respect to Staal being totally exposed on that wrap around.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Same Habs every year.... regular season warriors, playoff choke artists.

They simply don't have enough elite forward talent or depth to get over the playoff hump.
    They haven't had that since the 70s... except that one weird spell in the late 90s with Recchi and Damphousse... otherwise it's been plumber-like forwards and elite goaltending literally every year. I feel like I've been watching reiterations of the same Habs team my entire life, aside from that team in the late 90s...
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    We still have to see how this team responds, but I find MB is a hard GM to pin down. I've posted here before that I have no idea of his long-term plan.

But for four years he did nothing to put his own stamp on this squad. At the end of last season, the Habs best players were Pacioretty, Subban, Price, Galchenyuk, Pleks, Markov and Gallagher. Bergevin was only responsible for one guy: Galchenyuk, and that was the third overall pick in his first draft.

So last year, he went crazy and decided it was time to change the culture (which, by the way, he should have been doing the first four years on the job, but whatever). He traded fan favourite Subban for Weber. Brought in Shaw. Signed Radulov. So he went from a passive GM to seeming like he was over-compensating.

We'll see in the next few days how effective he was at changing the culture.

The biggest downfall of his tenure has been the Habs inability to develop talent. I blame that on Therrien as Therrien never liked to play the youngsters. Galchenyuk would toil on the third line wing for years, and now people are upset that Galch can't play centre effectively or win faceoffs. Maybe Galch should have been learning that slowly over the past five years. Instead, we had years of guys like Dale Weise on the top line.

But that's also on Bergevin, stupidly supporting Therrien despite people wanting Therrien gone for years.

So like I said, we'll see what happens. But I think the next game or two will go a long way to determining how we view Bergevin's tenure as Habs GM.
    I completely agree and have said on here before that something is wrong in the pro scouting and pro development ranks of the Habs. The latter of which, it has been wrong for a long long time. Far too many first round picks, many of them in the top 15, have not developed into very good NHL players. As much as Trevor Timmins is supposed to be a wizard in the scouting department, the Habs have not drafted a single all-star, all-world forward in over a decade. No, Patches is not that player. I'm talking Ryan Getzlaf, Claude Giroux type of guys.. Not one.

Oy, this team is so frustrating.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Administrator

Did the series end or something?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    Watching from the other side of the rink here are a few things I have noticed in the Habs game.

Markov looks hurt. He just doesn't seem to be his usual nasty physical self. Then again he is 38 years old. Emelin showed more spunk and he just came back from being injured.

The captain is not even slightly physical. He seems to be a 1 dimensional player which won't cut it when he isn't scoring.

Radulov seems to be caught up in the chippy part of the series. He looks very motivated but I think MTL needs him to focus on offense, not stick swinging. He should be kept and resigned IMHO.

Not sure what coach is doing with Galchenyuk, nor the occasional brain freeze by the kid. So much talent, such potential, can't someone get up in his grill ?

The habs should not be looking to up the physical game, it seemed that they really came out for bear in game 5 but that it came back to haunt them. They were gassed by period 3 and made NY look very good over that period as well as the OT. NY was prone to turning the puck over yet it was NY miscues not the Habs forecheck that seemed to be the problem. All due respect to Staal being totally exposed on that wrap around.
    Great assessment. The captain is in Florida right now. I don't know who is wearing 67 on the ice... He is definitely one-dimensional. He doesn't do much to open up the ice when he's not scoring... and he is NOT scoring..... not even close. Markov, the poor guy, has been called into action far too much for his age and the wear on his body. He is trying so hard. I can't fault the guy. This team will get eliminated unless Carey Price goes "Olympics" on the Rangers.. I wish I was born in the 50s so I could at least enjoy some of the Habs's greatest teams.. instead of having watched years of misery following Cups stolen singlehandedly by Patrick Roy. It's been hell since 1994.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Did the series end or something?
    One more game like this and it did.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin