Page 381 of 607 FirstFirst ... 281 331 371 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 391 431 481 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,715 of 9093

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Administrator

Default Re: Montreal Canadiens

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    As much as I would like Yandle to replace the aging Markov, both ice-time and contract-wise, I think the only other notable name on D is Hamhuis. Other than that, I think Bergevin would be wise to focus on getting some added firepower up front.
    Hopefully they take a slightly different approach this time. Last summer they also needed firepower up front and MB's answer was Alexander Semin.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Hopefully they take a slightly different approach this time. Last summer they also needed firepower up front and MB's answer was Alexander Semin.
    Seriously; I was one of the first ones that was happy about that move and had high hopes that Semin would be a 50-60 point player for the Habs.

Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Administrator

I would have been fine with 40 from Semin. Better than the six or whatever he had.

Dobber Sports Giant

Any ''new'' news/rumours in regards to a potential move to be made by M.B. and company prior to the draft?

I read yesterday that the Flames want to move up in the draft and that some teams are shopping their pick or looking at specific UFA but nothing much has been said in recent days from the Canadiens camp. Did anyone hear anything that hasn't been posted yet?
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey

Administrator

I usually stay away from rumors myself for my own sanity.

Dobber Sports Stud

It doesn't feel like MB will do anything significant at the draft... The track record isn't there and Habs management probably feels like they need Price in net before truly assessing the team.

Excluding the top players, I don't see any real valuable bargaining chips to move up the draft. Guys like Eller or DD won't cut it. Maybe Beaulieu, but it would surprise me a lot - it would create a hole in the defence and Bergevin has repeatedly said that he doesn't want to address a problem by creating another one.

Also, there will be quality players available at the 9th spot - hopefully a Jost or a Keller.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by rufio.85 View Post
    It doesn't feel like MB will do anything significant at the draft... The track record isn't there and Habs management probably feels like they need Price in net before truly assessing the team.
    They've had Price in nets for the past number of years. They don't need more time to assess what is wrong with the team.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    They've had Price in nets for the past number of years. They don't need more time to assess what is wrong with the team.
    I agree, it just feels like the management team will use the Price injury to delay any significant action to address their needs.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Administrator

The only thing this team needs is Dale Weise on the top line.

Administrator

Habs re-sign Hanley to two-way deal.

Dobber Sports Giant

What do you guys think of German Rubtsov? I know it would be stretching their pick a bit and that he would most likely go 5-10 picks later, but I just feel that the kid has Tarasenko written all over him. He's not that tall (some list him at 6') but he's a tank physically speaking (like Tank) and has a great 2-way game. Names like Jost, Nylander, Keller and Brown are the obvious forward choices at number 9 if they are available, but there's something about this Russian that has me thinking that he could very well be the best forward after the first 5 guys go (Matthews, Laine, Puljujarvi, Tkatchuk, Dubois).

Minors:

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    What do you guys think of German Rubtsov? I know it would be stretching their pick a bit and that he would most likely go 5-10 picks later, but I just feel that the kid has Tarasenko written all over him. He's not that tall (some list him at 6') but he's a tank physically speaking (like Tank) and has a great 2-way game. Names like Jost, Nylander, Keller and Brown are the obvious forward choices at number 9 if they are available, but there's something about this Russian that has me thinking that he could very well be the best forward after the first 5 guys go (Matthews, Laine, Puljujarvi, Tkatchuk, Dubois).
    It would be bad asset management to draft Rubstov at 9. I don't know enough about him, and I 100% trust Trevor Timmins. If he feels like Rubstov is the guy he wants, then Habs should move down and take him.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Expert

I could see maybe packaging the 2nds to move up to the early 20s but I don't see the Habs moving down from #9 to pick him. Better options available in Brown, Jost and Keller which at the very elast, 1 will be available. I don't think he's a guy you spend the pick capital on to move up for.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    I could see maybe packaging the 2nds to move up to the early 20s but I don't see the Habs moving down from #9 to pick him. Better options available in Brown, Jost and Keller which at the very elast, 1 will be available. I don't think he's a guy you spend the pick capital on to move up for.
    I really want Dubois to be honest. Yes , there's the Quebecois bias at work here but it's the first time in more than a decade that the Habs have the occasion of drafting a real stud prospect from Quebec.

No, Louis Leblanc wasn't one. In 2011, Habs were drafting 18th and Huberdeau was a top3 prospect, no chance. In 2013, Drouin was a top3-4 prospect Habs were picking 25th.

You have ot go back to 2006 to find another guy from the province of Quebec to be considered a top prospect in Derek Brassard. Even that season, Habs were not in the range to pick him.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    I really want Dubois to be honest. Yes , there's the Quebecois bias at work here but it's the first time in more than a decade that the Habs have the occasion of drafting a real stud prospect from Quebec.

No, Louis Leblanc wasn't one. In 2011, Habs were drafting 18th and Huberdeau was a top3 prospect, no chance. In 2013, Drouin was a top3-4 prospect Habs were picking 25th.

You have ot go back to 2006 to find another guy from the province of Quebec to be considered a top prospect in Derek Brassard. Even that season, Habs were not in the range to pick him.
    They had a shot at a ''Franco-Ontarien'' stud in Giroux back in 2006. Instead, David Fischer (pronounced ''fi-chère'' in French) was the better pick for them! Please see his illustrious NHL career stats here if needed: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=95353

As much as we would all salivate at landing Dubois, unless the Habs make a move to move up in the draft, there is no chance he will still be there at number 9 unless something major happens in the next few days (i.e. a serious incident or an injury).

Minors: